I am excited

Alsgalpal

Ok, I am going to share this with my TRF family. I have an opportunity to open my own salon now. Its a fantastic chance, and the building is all brand new inside, and brand new cooling and heating system. The lease is about $100 less than a leasing just a single station would be, and I would be able to bring a girl from my job that I really enjoy working with, we work extremely well together. So, with the both of us, it would only cost me about $175 a month for the building, not including utilities. It has been a salon before, so all the plumbing is there, I would just need to get the furnishings and my supplies. I really want to do this, I ran my own business before, so I am very familiar with the practice, and I have been a hairdresser for 10 years this year.

Now, what I need to know is, I hear about small business loans, and grants. How do I find out more about those? This is where you all come in, any advice would be great on this matter. The rest, I got covered. biggrin.gif

Also, I may get to go up to T.O. this month, please keep me in your positive thoughts and prayers that it can happen. Those of you closest to me know how very important it is to me... 653.gif

Thanks for listening. biggrin.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 7 2005, 01:43 PM)
Ok, I am going to share this with my TRF family.  I have an opportunity to open my own salon now.  Its a fantastic chance, and the building is all brand new inside, and brand new cooling and heating system.  The lease is about $100 less than a leasing just a single station would be, and I would be able to bring a girl from my job that I really enjoy working with, we work extremely well together.  So, with the both of us, it would only cost me about $175 a month for the building, not including utilities.  It has been a salon before, so all the plumbing is there, I would just need to get the furnishings and my supplies.  I really want to do this, I ran my own business before, so I am very familiar with the practice, and I have been a hairdresser for 10 years this year. 

Now, what I need to know is, I hear about small business loans, and grants.  How do I find out more about those?  This is where you all come in, any advice would be great on this matter.  The rest, I got covered.  biggrin.gif 

Also, I may get to go up to T.O. this month, please keep me in your positive thoughts and prayers that it can happen.  Those of you closest to me know how very important it is to me... 653.gif 

Thanks for listening.  biggrin.gif

Aw AGP that's incredible news!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I hope everything falls into place, and this becomes a wonderful reality for you. I cannot offer you advice on loans, but I can offer you a link to an amazing software to run the business once you're open.

Harms Software

1-888-813-2141

Contact your Small Business Loan Association and Better Business Bereau. Thats your first major step. There should also be loan programs in your area for single Mothers and single women.

Ooh AGP. Everything working out well for you. I'm so pleased. Keep going lass, things will get even better for you biggrin.gif

Sending **********POSITIVE THOUGHTS********** to you AGP!

It's a scary thing to start your own business.

You can do anything girl, you have the power within you to succeed!

laugh.gif I was gonna thank you for your double dose of positive thoughts!!!! You all rock!! Thanks for the warm wishes... Now to get off my blink, and MAKE it happen!!! 653.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

My sincerest best wishes for your success. yes.gif

AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!!! My sister-in-law has always dreamed of doing that too! Wow... that's so amazing for you girl!! I always knew your ship was going to come in, and it looks like that's starting to happen for you biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Keep us updated on that.... and on T.O. wink.gif biggrin.gif It will all work out for you lady smile.gif

MANY BIG BUGS!!!!!

Opening your own business sounds fun and cool but also it's gotta be tough work to get going eh'? heh I had an idea that I had......a store where we take in used..old drumsets and new them all better again....lol but it wouldn't work I don;t think.....I got that idea from the summer time when I worked at a computer store...we would take in old computers and clean them up and give it "energy" again....it worked well.....but I don't think it would work well on drumsets.... laugh.gif

Archived