neil#2

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch for these new releases on Playstation store today:

* Nine Inch Nails "March of the Pigs"

* Nine Inch Nails "The Collector"

* Nine Inch Nails "The Perfect Drug"

ALSO someone else pointed this out to me in another thread so I thought I would mention it here. Rock-Band-wise this is about as good as news can get! Taken directly from Rush.com news section:

Feburary 16, 2008

Rush have been working with Harmonix, makers of the hugely popular video game Rockband to feature some of their music. The 44 Rockband song catalogue has currently sold over 3.4 million single song downloads in a very short time.

ohmy.gif

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 15 2008, 06:09 PM)
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg214/stormtron/rockband001.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg214/stormtron/rockband002.jpg

My daughter and my cousin. She's really belting it out and he's trying to reach the bass pedal. laugh.gif

This is awesome! laugh.gif 1022.gif

Wow - pretty awesome Rock Band week for Deadheads! I wish I was one. tongue.gif

This weeks additions:

* Grateful Dead "China Cat Sunflower"

* Grateful Dead "Casey Jones"

* Grateful Dead "Sugar Magnolia"

* Grateful Dead "Truckin"

* Grateful Dead "Franklin's Tower"

* Grateful Dead "I Need A Miracle"

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Mar 4 2008, 01:30 PM)
Wow - pretty awesome Rock Band week for Deadheads! I wish I was one. tongue.gif

This weeks additions:

Do you have to pay for the additions?

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Mar 4 2008, 02:10 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Mar 4 2008, 01:30 PM)
Wow - pretty awesome Rock Band week for Deadheads!  I wish I was one.  tongue.gif

This weeks additions:

Do you have to pay for the additions?

Yep!

If I recall correctly the DLC (downloadable content) songs are typically $1.99 each and usually they bundle the new songs into groups of three and make them like 3 for $4.99 or something.

Some may think its expensive, some may think it's cheap... at the end of the day though you can pick and choose some of your favorite songs and be able to sing them, drum them.. guitar and bass... I think it's great. I also hope a decent chunk is going to the bands to entice more and more to work with Rock Band to include their music.

I'd love to have an ACDC pack... Offspring pack... Pink Floyd pack... The CUly pack... Megadeth pack... the list goes on and on. :c]

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 28 2008, 04:52 AM[i)
Feburary 16, 2008

Rush have been working with Harmonix, makers of the hugely popular video game Rockband to feature some of their music. The 44 Rockband song catalogue has currently sold over 3.4 million single song downloads in a very short time.[/i]

Yeah, I didn't get around to posting this in here yet. Thanks for handling that for me buddy!

tongue.gif

My daughter and my cousin. She's really belting it out and he's trying to reach the bass pedal.  laugh.gif

Great pics!! Kids love this game.

No matter what your opinion is on Rock Band, I think at the very least it exposes kids to music, rhythm and singing. Has to be better than the kill and destroy games that are out there in multitudes.

Well I finally got the game for my PS2. Everything works fine. I have had no problems with any of the instruments at all. I really enjoy this game quite a bit. My 7 year old always hogs the drums when we play. She's actually getting pretty good. I think if she keeps it up I might even get her her own kit next christmas. I like the guitar better in Rock Band than in GH. I find it has a much better feel. I haven't tried the vocals yet, but I will soon.

I totally laughed my ass off at the opening cut scene. The band riding around on the roof different vehicles playing Highway Star.

Edited to say: It really sucks that you can't play in solo tour as the bass player. You can sing, be the drummer, play the guitar, but you can't be just a bass player. rage.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Mar 11 2008, 11:00 PM)
I think my guitar just broke. My daughter said she 'strums" but it doesn't register.

That sucks...

angry.gif

They are really RILLY good with returns though you should give them a call.

What you can do if you want is get a replacement sent expedited usually arrives in a couple days. If you want to do it expedited they will take your credit card number just in case you don't return the broken guitar within 30 days or something but it is super easy... the new guitar will come with a pre-paid box to put the old guitar in, and just call the courier or drop it off. *bang* You'll be back up and rocking in no time.

I like the look of this game 1022.gif

Can someone tell me what they think of the PS2 version?

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg214/stormtron/rockband001.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg214/stormtron/rockband002.jpg

My daughter and my cousin. She's really belting it out and he's trying to reach the bass pedal. laugh.gif

That's unbelievably cool!

I love this game. But they say theres and 85% chance ONE of your instruments might break. My friends mic broke. My other friends drums broke. NO NOT THE DRUMS.

QUOTE (Alex @ Mar 25 2008, 04:46 PM)
I love this game. But they say theres and 85% chance ONE of your instruments might break. My friends mic broke. My other friends drums broke. NO NOT THE DRUMS.

The hardware that was first released was very shoddy as it was RUSHed to market for Christmas time. Since then however EA has made vast improvements and been very very good about exchanges without questions.

The first bundle I bought both the guitar broke (in several ways) and the drusm wouldn't work out of the box. Since then the replacements I was sent, and the second bundle I got everything has worked flawlessly after many many hours of use and abuse.

Ah, I see you have to buy all that hardware, I was wondering how it worked rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 25 2008, 06:58 PM)
Ah, I see you have to buy all that hardware, I was wondering how it worked rofl3.gif

It comes all in a package...........I want to get it soon...........problem is, I also need a Playstation........... laugh.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Mar 26 2008, 12:20 AM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 25 2008, 06:58 PM)
Ah, I see you have to buy all that hardware, I was wondering how it worked  rofl3.gif

It comes all in a package...........I want to get it soon...........problem is, I also need a Playstation........... laugh.gif

Yes that would help laugh.gif

An expensive toy but it looks a lot of fun, I always wanted to be in a band biggrin.gif

Archived