So much yet to discover - 1st ish post

Huck

653.gif 653.gif

Hello everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel goood

Just rediscovered Rush after years of neglect, only albums I had heard before were

Archives, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures..I now also have Kings, Hemishres, Exit and last purchase was Grace Under Pressure which I am just discovering, its different but I love it!! Just can't wait to buy more, but what next? Any suggestions?? Must go I'm at work - ah so much yet to discover.........

Well, due to the diversity of fans here, I fully expect that everyone who posts in this thread will recommend a different album as your next 'must buy'. Not that that's a bad thing, but quite the contrary. My recommendation is 'Power Windows'. Welcome aboard, by the way!

Welcome Huck! Glad to have you here.

I'll have to go along with Mr. Aubrey and say Power Windows. smile.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Jan 7 2005, 09:24 AM)
653.gif 653.gif

Hello everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel goood

Just rediscovered Rush after years of neglect, only albums I had heard before were
Archives, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures..I now also have Kings, Hemishres, Exit and last purchase was Grace Under Pressure which I am just discovering, its different but I love it!! Just can't wait to buy more, but what next? Any suggestions?? Must go I'm at work - ah so much yet to discover.........

Make sure you click the Amazon-UK little button in the top right to do your shopping for your next album! Every penny goes to the support this board! smile.gif

Welcome to TRF and let us know if you need anything! trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

I would recommend something newer. Either Vapor Trails or Counterparts. Gives you a good idea where the Boys are at now. They have changed alot since those albums!

My recommendation:

Go to a used music store & buy every album you don't have yet. Go Home & play them all in chronological order.

You have the middle of their career covered, you should ckeck out some of their earlier stuff, & Pixey is right their newer stuff is different.

But if it's only one you have to get 2112.

I agree with Kazz - Get the Rush in Rio DVD, and Different Stages on CD

You'll find certain songs blow your mind, then cross reference the details on the rather excellent references and lyrics pages here, buy the albums of your favourites, and pretty soon you'll have the whole set by default.

Welcome to the board, and remember, you're quite safe here!!

I like Exit stage left and All the Words a Stage a lot. They both sound great for being live. Some of the songs on All the Worlds a Stage sound better than they studio versions. But since you want to hear something you never heard then Power windows is cool.

Archived