Tsunami Relief Telethon

rickyrob

What would you like to see them play?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see them play?

• Territories
    • Subdivisions
    • Afterimage
    • Distant Early Warning
    • Between the Wheels
    • Resist
    • Second Nature
    • Peaceable Kingdom
    • Other (please state)

What would you like to see the guys play for the Telethon?

I think Afterimage as I love this song and conjures up a feeling of loss.

I would certainly like to see them play Afterimage, but they will probably stick with something more common, like Tom Sawyer or maybe Subdivisions.

We've all heard how Neil was hesitant to do the SARS concert, because he wants to prepare/practice and make sure every performance is perfect. They won't have time to practice an older song, so they'll most likely go with something they played on the recent R30 tour.

But we can always hope and dream for something special like Afterimage!

2.gif

I hope they do something more they haven't played before seeing as how this is a deeply unusual situation.

I've allways wanted to hear Losing It done live but I guess those electric violins will be hard to round up for a week or sos time

I know this would be a crazy idea...but how about a new song...quickly written just for this sad sad disaster or something they have been working on......that would be quite amazing....Or even another appropriate cover...I guess we'll all have to wait and see what they will do.... yes.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 7 2005, 03:18 PM)
I know this would be a crazy idea...but how about a new song...quickly written just for this sad sad disaster or something they have been working on......that would be quite amazing....Or even another appropriate cover...I guess we'll all have to wait and see what they will do.... yes.gif

That would be realy neat if they did that yes.gif

just thinking...how about 'a passage to bangkok'? I eman it is the capital to Thailand and it's almost like they are travelling there with their music??? I would really like to see that

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Jan 7 2005, 10:46 PM)
just thinking...how about 'a passage to bangkok'? I eman it is the capital to Thailand and it's almost like they are travelling there with their music??? I would really like to see that

I think most people here "Passage to Bangkok" and think drugs. Not necessarily the idea an event like this is intended to plant in people's minds.

I suspect RR is right - We'll see a run through some old standards, although "For What It's Worth" would also be an interesting one.

Then maybe they should play "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"

It's easy for us to say these things but the context of the song is probably not too relevant at this point. Just having rush play will boost ratings (and hopefully donations) so maybe the popular songs would be best.

I think High Water would be a good song to hear live but now that I think about it, it probably wouldn't be appropriate to play in this situation.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 7 2005, 10:35 PM)
I think High Water would be a good song to hear live but now that I think about it, it probably wouldn't be appropriate to play in this situation.

Yea, it would Indy, but you're right. But what about Tai Shan (always think of those 2 songs together). The whole eastern sound, just for the feel of it, and to hear it live.

A lot of good responses here.

I didn't know whether to put "what should they play?" ...or "what would you like them to play" which may be different...

I think the song/s should be bright and not gloomy, but also not condescending and/or insulting. For this reason the song/s might be a bit difficult to choose. Its a fine balance really and the guys have to be careful, but I'm sure they will choose well biggrin.gif

We shall see..

Incidentally, over here in Manchester, England a British couple local to the area took some video footage of what happened where they were (I think it was Sri Lanka but not certain)....this footage was frightening, and nothing like what I expected to see. The sea just calmly flooded the area (they were on the coast), but it was so stealthy it made me shudder. A few people were actually laughing at first until they realised the enormity of what was happening. The couple had to climb onto the roof of their apartment. They obviously survived, but a lot of friends they made are missing. This is so sad and tragic, made worse by the fact that the actual tsunami there was very calm. I think the water level must have risen by about 10-15 feet in the space of 1 minute. Horrific sad.gif

Archived