Rush to perform live for tsunami relief telethon

Test4VitalSigns

According to the Power Windows site Canadian musician Tom Cochrane is organizing a telethon on Canadian television for the tsunami relief fund. He has announced that along with other big Canadian acts, Rush will perform live during this telethon. The tentative date is Thursday January 13, though it is not official.

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/News.htm

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THANK YOU GOD!!! I THINK THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DOING THIS IS FANTASTIC...THE GUYS ARE GOING TO DO GREAT...IF THEY ARE EXCEPTING DONATIONS DURING THE PERFORMANCES.....I AM DEFINETELY GOING TO DONATE. I AM VERY GLAD THAT RUSH IS GOING ON AIR FOR ALL THE PEOPLE IN THOSE COUNTRIES....and yes territories would be fitting!!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I just checked out the CBC website and there is an article about the concert...but no Rush! So, what's the deal here...I could be wrong cause it reads Vancouver, and Celine Dion is missing...but it says Avril Lavigne and the Barenaked Ladies. So...I don't know...I hope they do, but if Tom Cochrane said it and he's running it, then I'm sure they are. But here is the article if you would like to double check.

CBC

Ok.....I've been doing some searching because I REALLY REALLY want to see Rush on this special along with everyone else here. Now, here is the scoop...

Tom Cochrane is hosting a charity concert. There is one concert in Vancouver, with Avril Lavigne, the Barnaked Ladies and Sarah MachLaughlen (spelling??). There is another concert in Calagary with other performers and another in Halifax....BUT, what I'm seeing is that the Toronto concert will consist of the Tragically Hip, Celine Dion and our boys....so....they say that it will be aired January 13th, which I feel is bull because nothing has been confirmed for the Toronto show and yet the Vancouver and Calgary shows have been confirmed, and they are airing the 29th and 30th of Januray....

So then, in conclusion, I hope Rush is performing...and it will be televised, if so...I would love to get tickets to this benefit concert...I'm sure we'll no more as the date of the concert becomes closer and hopefully this isn't just a rumour...it's a reality!!!

RUSH ON EVERYONE...AND UNTIL THE RELIEF CONCERT...HANG ON TIGHT!! BECAUSE OUR BOYS WILL DO THE RIGHT THING

QUOTE (esmeralda @ Jan 7 2005, 12:12 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 6 2005, 07:34 PM)
Ok, somebody tape this and send it to me...

Or, somebody tape this and put it on this forum. so we'll all can watch it... smile.gif

Nah, I feel like being greedy. tongue.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 7 2005, 12:21 AM)
QUOTE (esmeralda @ Jan 7 2005, 12:12 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 6 2005, 07:34 PM)
Ok, somebody tape this and send it to me...

Or, somebody tape this and put it on this forum. so we'll all can watch it... smile.gif

Nah, I feel like being greedy. tongue.gif

wacko.gif laugh.gif

Rush To Perform During Tsunami Benefit Telethon: It has been learned that CBC News reported last night that Tom Cochrane, formerly of Red Ryder, is putting together a charity telethon to benefit the Tsunami Disaster fund. The event will be broadcast live on Canadian TV as early as next Thursday, January 13th. When interviewed, Cochrane stated "We've got Rush!". Confirmed acts are RUSH, The Tragically Hip, a remote link of Celine Dion from Las Vegas and others. Lifeson previously performed with Cochrane during the Kumbaya charity festivals in the 90's, and also recorded three tracks with Cochrane on the album Ragged Ass Road. More details to follow... - Jan. 6th, 2005

www.2112.net/powerwindows

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 7 2005, 04:56 AM)
What channel will this be on? Will it be available for viewing in Britain?
confused13.gif

Will someone copy it for us in the UK?

Make it available on a torrent or something trink39.gif

Please please wink.gif

Archived