Rush to perform live for tsunami relief telethon

Test4VitalSigns

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 6 2005, 05:34 PM)
Ok, somebody tape this and send it to me...

heh I have a DVD recorder now so I can tape it to DVD and send it to ya if you like? I guess I could but it on the hub too...cool!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 7 2005, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 7 2005, 05:04 PM)
by the way... This is going to cool!!!!!!!!, if it's true....that is trink36.gif

It is very true D! Be prepare to make many copies for TRF freaks! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif smile.gif

I certainly will do!!! biggrin.gif and those people on the Hub can get it from me later once I put it on...rad!

THANK YOU YYZENA!!! i called ticketmaster to ask where they were going to be playing to see if I can get tickets....but they have no idea!!! so I guess I'm going to be watching it here in T.O.

RUSH ROCKS THE WORLD

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 7 2005, 10:07 PM)
by the way... This is going to cool!!!!!!!!, if it's true....that is trink36.gif

It is very true D! Be prepare to make many copies for TRF freaks! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif smile.gif

Confirmation just posted on rush.com, with a link to this -

World Vision, Red Cross and UNICEF are engaged in a joint partnership with the Canadian Broadcasting Cooperation (CBC) to air a National TV Broadcast on Thursday January 13th from 7:00 - 10:00 PM in an attempt to raise millions of dollars for victims of the Tsunami Relief.

At present there are commitments from many of Canada's top entertainers: Celine Dion, Tom Cochrane, Barenaked Ladies, Rush, Blue Rodeo, Jann Arden, Oscar Peterson, Daniel Lanois, Bruce Cockburn and many more. As this is a disaster that touches many countries, races, religions, ages et al- virtually every element of humanity - our hopes are that this CBC event will be a metaphor for us as Canadians to evidence a heartfelt response from all walks of life. To that end, the 3 hour broadcast will also feature personalities from all artistic and cultural communities. Margaret Atwood is helping to outreach to the literary world, Chief Mecredi has pledged to contact artists from the First Nations communities etc. From hockey to Olympians, from dancers to comics, the event will be a star-studded coalition of caring Canadians.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jan 7 2005, 03:42 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 7 2005, 10:07 PM)

Confirmation just posted on rush.com, with a link to this -

World Vision, Red Cross and UNICEF are engaged in a joint partnership with the Canadian Broadcasting Cooperation (CBC) to air a National TV Broadcast on Thursday January 13th from 7:00 - 10:00 PM in an attempt to raise millions of dollars for victims of the Tsunami Relief.

At present there are commitments from many of Canada's top entertainers: Celine Dion, Tom Cochrane, Barenaked Ladies, Rush, Blue Rodeo, Jann Arden, Oscar Peterson, Daniel Lanois, Bruce Cockburn and many more. As this is a disaster that touches many countries, races, religions, ages et al- virtually every element of humanity - our hopes are that this CBC event will be a metaphor for us as Canadians to evidence a heartfelt response from all walks of life. To that end, the 3 hour broadcast will also feature personalities from all artistic and cultural communities. Margaret Atwood is helping to outreach to the literary world, Chief Mecredi has pledged to contact artists from the First Nations communities etc. From hockey to Olympians, from dancers to comics, the event will be a star-studded coalition of caring Canadians.

WAHHHHOOOOO!!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Jan 7 2005, 05:18 PM)
THANK YOU YYZENA!!!  i called ticketmaster to ask where they were going to be playing to see if I can get tickets....but they have no idea!!!  so I guess I'm going to be watching it here in T.O.

RUSH ROCKS THE WORLD

Yeah, I thought the same thing ... I live about 1 & 1/2 hours from Toronto and thought if they played there, maybe we could get tickets ... regardless, it's such a fantasic thing they're doing, but you almost expect that kindness from them, you know?

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif 2.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 7 2005, 07:59 PM)
Could someone also please supply some kind of live info when this airs as well?  Specifically, a phone # to call to pledge money to.

I'd be glad to PM this info to you Thursday night RR....I'll post all the numbers for everyone as well smile.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 7 2005, 05:02 PM)

heh I have a DVD recorder now so I can tape it to DVD and send it to ya if you like? I guess I could but it on the hub too...cool!

That'll be great!! smile.gif

According to The Toronto Sun today the phone number to call and contribute a donation is 1-866-334-ASIA... The webiste is www.canadaforasia.ca I will confirm this when I watch the show live next Thursday night.

Once again.... phone number.... 1-866-334-ASIA

website... www.canadaforasia.ca

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 7 2005, 10:06 PM)
Thanks man! I am going to hope some cable channel may possibly carry it here, but I am doubting it. I will definately make a pledge though.

What channel will carry it here ?

QUOTE (Presto45 @ Jan 8 2005, 11:14 AM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 7 2005, 10:06 PM)
Thanks man!  I am going to hope some cable channel may possibly carry it here, but I am doubting it.  I will definately make a pledge though.

What channel will carry it here ?

I wonder if anyone will carry it. I'm sure they will, considering it's for a major disaster that the whole world can be involved in helping. Let's hope it is. trink39.gif

For ppl in the states and out of the country i'll for sure make copies for you, just PM me AFTER the show because you might get it yourself..you never know....I will be putting that on the Hub as well sooo chubbers look out for that! WOooooo Rush rocks!

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 7 2005, 05:02 PM)

PLEASE DO!

smile.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 8 2005, 01:51 PM)
For ppl in the states and out of the country i'll for sure make copies for you, just PM me AFTER the show because you might get it yourself..you never know....I will be putting that on the Hub as well sooo chubbers look out for that! WOooooo Rush rocks!

You ROCK D!

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 8 2005, 03:05 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 8 2005, 01:51 PM)

You ROCK D!

Absolutely! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived