First Post

deamhain

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 6 2005, 10:17 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 6 2005, 10:14 PM)
Welcome indeed, Bob. Nice first post.  yes.gif

Hey Jack, what's that pic from in your sig? confused13.gif I take it it's a movie, but what one?

It's not from a movie. It's a painting of HMS Indefatigable by Geoff Hunt, whose paintings grace the covers of the Jack Aubrey novels by Patrick O'Brian.

Geoff Hunt

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 6 2005, 08:14 PM)
QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Jan 6 2005, 07:04 PM)
What category describes your age and gender?
< 18 Years Old, Female [ 1 ]  [0.65%]
< 18 Years Old, Male [ 19 ]  [12.26%]
18-25 Years Old, Female [ 1 ]  [0.65%]
18-25 Years Old, Male [ 13 ]  [8.39%]
26-35 Years Old, Female [ 17 ]  [10.97%]
26-35 Years Old, Male [ 31 ]  [20.00%]
36-45 Years Old, Female [ 12 ]  [7.74%]
36-45 Years Old, Male [ 52 ]  [33.55%]
46-55 Years Old, Female [ 2 ]  [1.29%]
46-55 Years Old, Male [ 5 ]  [3.23%]
> 55 Years Old, Female [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
> 55 Years Old, Male [ 2 ]  [1.29%]
Total Votes: 155

155, is that it???

Come on people get your stats in THIS thread.

Who is the female younger than 18? D-13? confused13.gif

Take it easy there, tiger. tongue.gif

QUOTE (deamhain @ Jan 6 2005, 05:09 PM)
Guys,

I've just discovered this site and 'signed up' tonight so thought I'd tell you a bit about me.

I was 38 last month (starting to feel old!) and 3 Canadians who have never heard of me have been an ever present feature of my life since about 1979 when a school friend gave me a loan of 2112. My general musical tastes in that time have encompassed everything from classical, through Jazz, Soul, Blues, Metal and Punk (and I mean original 70's punk by the way) but at any time, If you'd asked for my 'Desert Island Disc' nominations they'd mostly have been Rush. In short, I've grown up with Rush and last years 30th anniversary gig in Glasgow was as close to a religious pilgrimage as I'm ever likely to make! As I've got thinner on top and thicker around the waistband so has Alex while Neil and Geddy have managed the thinning but not the widening.

As to what I prefer, I must admit that that period in the 80's which saw a huge increase in synth use and a corresponding lessening in Alex's driving input left me a bit nonplussed and I'm pleased that a return to guitar driven rock seems to be evident in the last while. Track-wise there's too many to mention and would cover from "What you're doing" through to the latest, although the philosopher in me loves Roll the bones.

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, it's good to see a site like this and I'm off to read what others have been posting.

It just makes me stronger.

Bob

Hi Bob, from all the way across the Irish Sea in Belfast.

Looks like I got into RUSH about the same time as you...about 1979 - I'll be 39 in June...so I make that going on 26 years listening to RUSH.

welcome trink38.gif

Archived