Dexter!

Ya_Big_Tree

QUOTE (Larks @ Dec 5 2007, 12:52 PM)
there's nothing wrong about killing bad people who desarve to die in my opinion.. and if you drug them first and then they wake up and you put a knife through their heart.. it's even better firedevil.gif tongue.gif

it's only a tv show.. you don't have to be offended by it, i really love this show because they show a serial killer as a "hero" and they show his emotions and way of life, i really enjoy it because i'm interested in serial killers way of living and study it(thinking seriously about learning criminology after the army)

just watch the show and enjoy cool.gif

I'm not "offended" per say.

I'm just waiting for the next serial killer to use this show as a defence for his actions eh.gif

Think of all those serial killers in their youth. Think this is a good program for them?

Just saying there's some f*cked up people out there.

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Dec 5 2007, 04:30 AM)
Wait.

A show that showcases a serial killer and he's a hero too?
What's the message here?
It's okay to be a serial killer cause you're killing people that deserve it????? wacko.gif

Am I the only one who sees what's wrong with this?

No

I agree with your points made in this thread.

I can't wait til next week's episode! biggrin.gif I saw a clip of next week, and OMG!!!! I cant wait to see how Dexter is gonna get outta this.

And and to those people who are comenting on how it's a bad show because it's glamourizing serial killers or whatnot; maybe you should watch the show before making accusations like that. If you were to watch the show you would realize that the show is more than that. Dexter is a serial killer yes, but he follows a code about who he kills and why. Now more than ever he is starting to question his beliefs and it's the whole nature vs nurture question in his case.

I recommend you check it out and not dismiss it so harshly. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 6 2007, 07:22 PM)
I can't wait til next week's episode! biggrin.gif I saw a clip of next week, and OMG!!!! I cant wait to see how Dexter is gonna get outta this.

And and to those people who are comenting on how it's a bad show because it's glamourizing serial killers or whatnot; maybe you should watch the show before making accusations like that. If you were to watch the show you would realize that the show is more than that. Dexter is a serial killer yes, but he follows a code about who he kills and why. Now more than ever he is starting to question his beliefs and it's the whole nature vs nurture question in his case.

how bout you have a victim of murder in your family and then tell me how the murderer should be glamourized on telly ....

By the way to fill in the gaps because of the writers' strike CBS will probably air Dexter on their network in the Spring....more than likely in a "sanitized" form eyesre4.gif I'm sure they'll do a good job of "butchering" it up ph34r.gif

I urge people to check it out in its original form. If you are offended by language and violence(which imo isn't that gratitiously as much as some people might speculate but then again I'm a horror fan) this show isn't meant for you at all.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 7 2007, 02:11 PM)
By the way to fill in the gaps because of the writers' strike CBS will probably air Dexter on their network in the Spring....more than likely in a "sanitized" form eyesre4.gif I'm sure they'll do a good job of "butchering" it up ph34r.gif

I urge people to check it out in its original form. If you are offended by language and violence(which imo isn't that gratitiously as much as some people might speculate but then again I'm a horror fan) this show isn't meant for you at all.

i don't have a problem with it...i won't watch it

just wanted to point out the flaw

I could get real political on this but in deference to Jack I won't wink.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Dec 7 2007, 08:05 AM)
Dexter is a serial killer yes, but he follows a code

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I guess if Bundy followed a code we'd think he was cute too.

eyesre4.gif

The difference is Bundy was real. A scumbag with no remorse. Only code he had was satisfying his sick homicidal urges no matter what.

Dexter would have a ball taking out his homicidal urges on Bundy wink.gif

It's a fictional show which explores the mind set of these monsters. Dexter is a man with strong homicidal urges which he had since he was a child (I won't get into a certain event which triggers all of this; it's a spoiler sort of). He is a killer...no doubt about it. He will kill no matter what. He just channels those urges and kills those who have taken innocent lives without remorse and escaped justice. Dexter knows what he does is wrong. Better than killing innocent souls if he is going to kill anyways. He knows he will probably be executed if he gets caught. Like the scumbags he gets rid of he makes every effort not to get caught. So I don't agree he is being "glamorized" at all.

This is not like "Natural Born Killers" where the main characters were celebrated for their deeds. (The movie is actually a social commentary on media glamorizing these killers but that's another topic).

Dexter does what honestly a lot of people wish they could do. But we don't because we KNOW IT IS WRONG. For example the first guy Dexter "takes care of" was a respected gentleman of the community" who murderd kids for thrills and who got away with it. how many of us would want to kill this guy? I bet those people who cheered when the switch was pulled on Bundy would've wanted to. I remember those "Fry Bundy Fry" and "Bundy Barbeque" signs at the time.

I don't care if some nutjob wants to use this show (or any other form of entertainment) as a defence for their crimes because it doesn't change the fact that they are KILLERS. I wouldn't buy it if I was on the jury. I would even vote Dexter guilty if he was a real person and if the evidence shows he murdered the scumbags.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 7 2007, 04:10 PM)
QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Dec 7 2007, 08:05 AM)
Dexter is a serial killer yes, but he follows a code

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I guess if Bundy followed a code we'd think he was cute too.

eyesre4.gif

The difference is Bundy was real. A scumbag with no remorse. Only code he had was satisfying his sick homicidal urges no matter what.

Dexter would have a ball taking out his homicidal urges on Bundy wink.gif

It's a fictional show which explores the mind set of these monsters. Dexter is a man with strong homicidal urges which he had since he was a child (I won't get into a certain event which triggers all of this; it's a spoiler sort of). He is a killer...no doubt about it. He will kill no matter what. He just channels those urges and kills those who have taken innocent lives without remorse and escaped justice. Dexter knows what he does is wrong. Better than killing innocent souls if he is going to kill anyways. He knows he will probably be executed if he gets caught. Like the scumbags he gets rid of he makes every effort not to get caught. So I don't agree he is being "glamorized" at all.

This is not like "Natural Born Killers" where the main characters were celebrated for their deeds. (The movie is actually a social commentary on media glamorizing these killers but that's another topic).

Dexter does what honestly a lot of people wish they could do. But we don't because we KNOW IT IS WRONG. For example the first guy Dexter "takes care of" was a respected gentleman of the community" who murderd kids for thrills and who got away with it. how many of us would want to kill this guy? I bet those people who cheered when the switch was pulled on Bundy would've wanted to. I remember those "Fry Bundy Fry" and "Bundy Barbeque" signs at the time.

I don't care if some nutjob wants to use this show (or any other form of entertainment) as a defence for their crimes because it doesn't change the fact that they are KILLERS. I wouldn't buy it if I was on the jury. I would even vote Dexter guilty if he was a real person and if the evidence shows he murdered the scumbags.

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

the only good bundy is Al Bundy yes.gif wub.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Dec 7 2007, 09:16 AM)
I could get real political on this but in deference to Jack I won't wink.gif

And I thank you with all my heart! wink.gif Yet another reason why I hold you in high regard.

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Dec 7 2007, 08:06 AM)
I can't wait til next week's episode! biggrin.gif  I saw a clip of next week, and OMG!!!!  I cant wait to see how Dexter is gonna get outta this.

And and to those people who are comenting on how it's a bad show because it's glamourizing serial killers or whatnot; maybe you should watch the show before making accusations like that.  If you were to watch the show you would realize that the show is more than that. Dexter is a serial killer yes, but he follows a code about who he kills and why. Now more than ever he is starting to question his beliefs and it's the whole nature vs nurture question in his case.

how bout you have a victim of murder in your family and then tell me how the murderer should be glamourized on telly ....

I do actually, thanks for your compassion. angry.gif

And on that note I'd like to also thank you for turning my Dexter fan thread into a destruction of my character and anyone's who happens to be a fan of the show. I guess I must be pretty sick minded if I find that sort of show entertaining. Oh I also love to read Bret Easton Ellis novels and I loved disecting in school. I guess I'm a person who glorifies murderers because I wish I could be one!

Now I'm in a mood. angry.gif

Edited by Ya_Big_Tree

OK fans & potential fans. This show has been brought to mainstream t.v., making the jump from Showtime to CBS. I caught the "premier" this week. Anyone else catch it?

I searched the forum for this thread....I know that I am a little behind the times being an HBO faithful. A guy at work has been talking about this show for about a year so I figured I would give it a shot. After watching the first 4 episodes of season 1 on DVD I have to say that its one of the best shows on TV. Needless to say I have 8 more episodes from Season 1 and 12 episodes of season 2 before I am caught up. But with the mindless stuff on TV today it should not take me too long to be on the same page. I also subscribed to showtime and I am considering dropping HBO. Anyone else hooked on this show?

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Nov 12 2007, 01:07 AM)
I looked all over for this thread and it looks like nobody ever started one. Dexter is probably one of the best new shows on television right now in my opnion.

For those of you who don't know the show it's about a man named Dexter who works in Forensics as a blood spatterologist, meaning he studies blood spatterings and determines how people were killed. He is also a serial killer only all of his victims have victims of their own.

It is in it's second season and if you live in Canada and get TMN it's on Every Sunday night at 10pm.

You shuld check it out, it's a very well written show and it stars Micheal C. Hall (Six Feet Under) as Dexter.

biggrin.gif

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do

http://markpickavance.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/dexter-image.jpg

I just noticed that the hand against his face is a dead person's. I always thought he was wearing a surgical glove.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 18 2008, 11:50 PM)
One of my fav shows! Can't wait for season 3!

Season 2 is as great as the first season yes.gif

I WANT SEASON 3 NOW!!!!! fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

Great show! This is very well written by people who really know how to leave you anxiously awaiting the next installment. I can't wait to see season 3. They have done a masterful job in clearing the table leaving you to wonder where they will go next.

Does anyone know when season 3 will start? I heard weeds is going to begin the new season in June. I'm hoping Dexter is soon to follow.

QUOTE (HuskyRunner @ Apr 23 2008, 01:31 PM)
Great show! This is very well written by people who really know how to leave you anxiously awaiting the next installment. I can't wait to see season 3. They have done a masterful job in clearing the table leaving you to wonder where they will go next.

Does anyone know when season 3 will start? I heard weeds is going to begin the new season in June. I'm hoping Dexter is soon to follow.

Season 3 for Dexter won't start til October. Weeds Season 4 starts June 16.