BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME

tangy

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 11 2012, 06:50 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Oct 11 2012, 06:09 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Oct 11 2012, 10:02 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Oct 10 2012, 09:07 PM)
I am surprised there is not much talk going on, this is top 3 albums of the year, it keeps growing on me tons.

yeah, the reviews i have read are glowing. i will either pick it up today or tomorrow.

BTBAM appears to be a hard sell on this forum. keep in mind this thread is about 5 years old and only 5 pages long. its not easy music to digest but i dig the energy. 1022.gif

I really don't know why this band isn't more famous in prog circles. I dn't know how they fare in the metal world, but I am really surprised Colors is not a top 100 album on PA, and this one just tops Colors, IMO.

Another piece of music from them I think is sublime but too short and should've been used on this album: mirrors. Just the second half. It fits perfectly on this album, but whatever.

I guess it's the vocals. Everything else is so perfect, I really don't get why it's not more famous on this board or like I said, in the prog world.

I might well pick this one up after all, I like the concept album idea and I like "Astral Body" and the official video for it. Plus I persevered with the other song available on youtube "Telos" and I like it better now.

trink38.gif

Astral Body is the worst song on the album, excluding filler, yet it's amazing. The rest of it just mind-numbing and fun, making Astral Body look normal.

QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Oct 12 2012, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 11 2012, 06:50 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Oct 11 2012, 06:09 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Oct 11 2012, 10:02 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Oct 10 2012, 09:07 PM)
I am surprised there is not much talk going on, this is top 3 albums of the year, it keeps growing on me tons.

yeah, the reviews i have read are glowing. i will either pick it up today or tomorrow.

BTBAM appears to be a hard sell on this forum. keep in mind this thread is about 5 years old and only 5 pages long. its not easy music to digest but i dig the energy. 1022.gif

I really don't know why this band isn't more famous in prog circles. I dn't know how they fare in the metal world, but I am really surprised Colors is not a top 100 album on PA, and this one just tops Colors, IMO.

Another piece of music from them I think is sublime but too short and should've been used on this album: mirrors. Just the second half. It fits perfectly on this album, but whatever.

I guess it's the vocals. Everything else is so perfect, I really don't get why it's not more famous on this board or like I said, in the prog world.

I might well pick this one up after all, I like the concept album idea and I like "Astral Body" and the official video for it. Plus I persevered with the other song available on youtube "Telos" and I like it better now.

trink38.gif

Astral Body is the worst song on the album, excluding filler, yet it's amazing. The rest of it just mind-numbing and fun, making Astral Body look normal.

i like astral body, nice way to warm things up after the mellow intro.

some of the harmonies have a yes like quality to them IMO.

with the coupon is t was $8.50 and the cd disc artwork is easily one of the better i have seen of late, over 20 pages.

Edited by tangy

QUOTE (tangy @ Oct 12 2012, 08:45 PM)
right now bloom, track 9 with the surf boogie, metal beach boys vibe is killing me. common001.gif

if colors was btbams hemispheres then this disc may be btbams moving pictures...... cool10.gif

I agree. And the Great Misdirect does have a very Permanent Waves vibe.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Oct 12 2012, 08:58 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Oct 12 2012, 08:45 PM)
right now bloom, track 9 with the surf boogie, metal beach boys vibe is killing me.  common001.gif

if colors was btbams hemispheres then this disc may be btbams moving pictures...... cool10.gif

I agree. And the Great Misdirect does have a very Permanent Waves vibe.

one thing for sure is that last song on both the great misdirect and permanent waves are epic.

like i said earlier lots of nuggets both musical and lyrical from the TGM and parrallax 1 showing up. from guitar licks to drum beats and lyrical chorus.

My copy of The Parallax II: Future Sequence arrived today! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Although I'm not keen on the over-sized digibook. The title makes me think of those Human Centipede films...

I wonder if the Parallax EP is worth getting? cool10.gif

Hey when listening to Colors does anyone else forget the lyrics when singing along and end ip singing: "I'm floating in the sea, hee hee hee hee hee..." or is that just me? unsure.gif

ohmy.gif

bolt.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 20 2012, 03:13 PM)
My copy of The Parallax II: Future Sequence arrived today! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Although I'm not keen on the over-sized digibook. The title makes me think of those Human Centipede films...

I wonder if the Parallax EP is worth getting? cool10.gif

Hey when listening to Colors does anyone else forget the lyrics when singing along and end ip singing: "I'm floating in the sea, hee hee hee hee hee..." or is that just me? unsure.gif

ohmy.gif

bolt.gif

It's not just you tongue.gif

And that EP is worth getting. Listen to it before part 2.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Oct 21 2012, 11:15 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 20 2012, 03:13 PM)
My copy of The Parallax II: Future Sequence arrived today!  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Although I'm not keen on the over-sized digibook. The title makes me think of those Human Centipede films...

I wonder if the Parallax EP is worth getting?  cool10.gif

Hey when listening to Colors does anyone else forget the lyrics when singing along and end ip singing: "I'm floating in the sea, hee hee hee hee hee..." or is that just me?  unsure.gif

ohmy.gif

bolt.gif

It's not just you tongue.gif

And that EP is worth getting. Listen to it before part 2.

biggrin.gif

Hey and I've changed my mind, I like the digibook now it's very cool. Funny though there seems to be no album information or band in formation in the booklet just the lyrics and pictures...

trink38.gif

Reading through this thread and good god how my opinion has changed since 2008... BTBAM is amazing... Got a chance to see them with Coheed last spring and was blown away... I cannot wait for them to get back in the studio...

In my living room listening to the Great Misdirect right now!

Is there a new record out??

They're still touring for the Parallax Sequence 2 IIRC... .but it's been over a year and they should be nearing the end of the tour and returning to the studio soon hopefully .

Is there a new record out??

They're still touring for the Parallax Sequence 2 IIRC... .but it's been over a year and they should be nearing the end of the tour and returning to the studio soon hopefully .

Ok Owl! :hail:

:haz:

New album just came out, with another in July. Anybody listen to it yet?

Just parts of it posted by them on fb

Even worse i missed the show a few week backs with the dear hunter and leprous!

Sucks. Bicycle takes priority over music these days.