why?

daveyt

today they completed a lesson where in committees of 4-5, groups had to choose how they would spend their alloted money on the high school prom. i gave a powerpoint presentation on the terms and concepts. the last slide was animated to this effect:

"what do you value? more $$$ on entertainment? more $$$ on decorations and food? $$$ for location?"

ideas were shared...

"don't forget class, if you choose to spend more on the latter, you might end up with entertainment choices like these (shows an elvis impersonator, then a bunch of singing hillbillies, then a bunch of old women in costume...OR"

then you could feel that they sensed what was coming...they know me all to well...

"if you spend less on food and decorations, perhaps you could afford some of THIS..."

ohmy.gif

out of nowhere, a 6'x6' photo "zooms out" onto the projector screen and blasts it's way into the darkened classroom.....

Sound like a cool teacher, my chemistry teacher in high school was a Rush fan. He took us all to a laser light show that was all 2.gif He was an awesome teacher!!!!! 653.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 6 2005, 09:50 AM)
Sound like a cool teacher, my chemistry teacher in high school was a Rush fan. He took us all to a laser light show that was all 2.gif He was an awesome teacher!!!!! 653.gif

Awesome!! My Sociology professor in college did that with us at a planetarium. It was all Floyd, Rush, and some Zeppelin. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Great lesson plan davey!! Did your class come back with where they would spend the money??

653.gif Pags, that was where we saw ours, in a planetarium. I distincly remember them playing the trees, and the lasers were shoing a deer drinking out of a pond, and trees looking down, it was fargin kewl... 1022.gif The teacher and I were the only ones rockin out to the music, and most of the kids were like 'WTF???' laugh.gif He told me later that he thought it was kewl that I knew 2.gif biggrin.gif

What a great class !!

laugh.gif

I love this guy, Jim Cornelius, his gonna pay half a grand on a stereo to listen to his Rush tunes and only 20 bucks on his poor old mom's birthday- good choice dude!!

I reckon he should cut put on his CD expense - he doesn't need anything other than the mighty 3 and he musta got them all by now (is that the A grade answer)

I wanna take your classes!!

QUOTE (BigG @ Jan 6 2005, 12:05 PM)
What a great class !!

laugh.gif

I love this guy, Jim Cornelius, his gonna pay half a grand on a stereo to listen to his Rush tunes and only 20 bucks on his poor old mom's birthday- good choice dude!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Nice daveyt!! We had an English teacher that read song lyrics as poems, just to see if people would catch on. He read The Trees one day, and he was my favorite teacher from then on. He also did Sympathy for the Devil, but someone at the back of the class gave it away when they started going Hoo Hooooo trink39.gif

i remember this one girl, ISELA, was like "why are they're so many people there?" she figured they where a nothing band i guess. tomorrow i'm going to show her the derivative website. who's got a link to that howard interview with the cool pics and stuff?

Archived