• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 The Notorious B.S.G.

The Notorious B.S.G.

<harumph>

• Members *
  • 3139 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 03:33 PM

It really does suck to be a fan of the forlorn never-been-to-the-Super-Bowl-or-even-come-very-close Detroit Lions. Lowered expectations are a way of life. "Next year!" the everlasting battle cry (and that is in OCTOBER!)  icon_really_happy_guy.gif "But look at our hockey/basketball/baseball team!" the yearly defense. Oy!

Even Barry Sanders knew it was a sinking ship.

Can a fellow fan or two share my pain here? Even if you have another fave team. Maybe the Browns, or the Cardinals. Anyone? Anyone?

Sponsored Post

#2 kazzman

kazzman

I got a fever...

• Members *
  • 6263 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 03:34 PM

Sorry, only during the years the Steelers are rebuilding...

#3 rickyrob

rickyrob

From Russia...With Love

• Members *
  • 8414 posts
  • Interests:Football, Ice Hockey, Fantasy Sports Leagues, Astronomy, Films, Photography, Travel.

Posted 05 January 2005 - 03:37 PM

Awww, BSG, what a shame. I've been following the NFL since 1992/93 season, and I can't remember them having better than 0.500 record (am I wrong?)

I'd change to hockey mate, I'm a RedWings fan and have a Sergei Federov replica shirt wink.gif ....just look at the hall-of-famers there....Brendan Shanahan, Stevey 'Y', Chris Chelios (don't tell the Blackhawks fans tongue.gif ), Dominic Hasek.....I could go on.

#4 kazzman

kazzman

I got a fever...

• Members *
  • 6263 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 5 2005, 03:37 PM)
Awww, BSG, what a shame. I've been following the NFL since 1992/93 season, and I can't remember them having better than 0.500 record (am I wrong?)

I'd change to hockey mate, I'm a RedWings fan and have a Sergei Federov replica shirt wink.gif ....just look at the hall-of-famers there....Brendan Shanahan, Stevey 'Y', Chris Chelios (don't tell the Blackhawks fans tongue.gif ), Dominic Hasek.....I could go on.

Too bad we aren't going to have any hockey for a long time...

#5 rickyrob

rickyrob

From Russia...With Love

• Members *
  • 8414 posts
  • Interests:Football, Ice Hockey, Fantasy Sports Leagues, Astronomy, Films, Photography, Travel.

Posted 05 January 2005 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 5 2005, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jan 5 2005, 03:37 PM)

Too bad we aren't going to have any hockey for a long time...

Yeah (forgot about that)...shame really

#6 Drumnut

Drumnut

Bill Gates

• Members *
  • 18341 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 05:35 PM

(crickets chirping)

#7 Test4VitalSigns

Test4VitalSigns

London Calling

• Members *
  • 36903 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 05:54 PM

Hey B just be glad your not a Niner fan like I am...Man how the mighty has fallen.......

#8 sfuentes

sfuentes

Currently listening to...

• Members *
  • 6769 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:19 PM

The Niners need a better coach and better organization. If they do those things, I wouldn't be surprised if they got into the NFC Divisionals.

#9 Indica

Indica

Resident Left Winger

• Members
  • 13031 posts
  • Interests:Guitar
    My Girlfriend
    Fishing
    Music
    Helping out other people
    Football
    T&A
    Nature

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:16 PM

Sorry, Can't help you out BSG.  confused13.gif

In baseball I'm a pirates fan so I do know what you mean. But being a steelers fan, the worse year I ever seen them have was 5-11 One time. But I do know how ya feel since I'm a pirates fan.... all I do is hang in there and hope that next season is better, don't forget to stay loyal!!!!!!

#10 kazzman

kazzman

I got a fever...

• Members *
  • 6263 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 5 2005, 10:16 PM)
In baseball I'm a pirates fan so I do know what you mean.

I know exactly what you mean about the Pirates. Its beginning to be the same way with the Penguins. Let me rephrase that. It IS that way with the Penguins.

Edited by kazzman, 05 January 2005 - 10:25 PM.

#11 Digital Man

Digital Man

He's got a force field and a flexible plan...

• 8407 posts
  • Interests:My Beautiful Fiancee Sundog, all our kids, RUSH, cigars, beer, Tequila, RUSH, bbqing, snow skiing

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 5 2005, 02:54 PM)
Hey B just be glad your not a Niner fan like I am...Man how the mighty has fallen.......

Yeah the Lions had a better year than the Niners.  I've been a loyal fan of the Niners since '80.  This year sucked rocks...I feel your pain BSG

#12 Drumnut

Drumnut

Bill Gates

• Members *
  • 18341 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jan 5 2005, 07:52 PM)

Yeah the Lions had a better year than the Niners.  I've been a loyal fan of the Niners since '80.  This year sucked rocks...I feel your pain BSG

I was a 49er's fan when that Joe guy was there. After that I gave up even though Steve Young had a few good years. yes.gif  

Edited by Drumnut, 06 January 2005 - 12:35 AM.

#13 spirit of radio

spirit of radio

Captain Canada

• Members *
  • 2546 posts
  • Interests:Anything interesting

Posted 06 January 2005 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (BSG @ Jan 5 2005, 03:33 PM)
It really does suck to be a fan of the forlorn never-been-to-the-Super-Bowl-or-even-come-very-close Detroit Lions. Lowered expectations are a way of life. "Next year!" the everlasting battle cry (and that is in OCTOBER!)  icon_really_happy_guy.gif "But look at our hockey/basketball/baseball team!" the yearly defense. Oy!

Can a fellow fan or two share my pain here? Even if you have another fave team. Maybe the Browns, or the Cardinals. Anyone? Anyone?

It could be worse BSG you could be a Viking fan. A Team year after year who seem to have it all but always seem to choke or have disaster strike at the most inopportune times.Remember 4th and 25 on the last play of the game last year against Arizona to knock them out of the playoffs.Remember the chip shot field goal against Atlanta years back that cost them a trip to the super bowl,hell our kicker set a record for most consecutive field goals ( 2 years) until that one shanked left and what about the Hail Mary against Dallas, Stauback launched a brilliant career at our expense, the prevent defense was originated from that one play and i can only imagine what heartache will be bestowed upon us this sunday against the hated Packers.So see BSG it could be worse you could be cheering for the purple and gold this sunday. trink39.gif  yes.gif  

#14 sfuentes

sfuentes

• Members *
  • 6769 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jan 5 2005, 09:24 PM)
It really does suck to be a fan of the forlorn never-been-to-the-Super-Bowl-or-even-come-very-close Detroit Lions. Lowered expectations are a way of life. "Next year!" the everlasting battle cry (and that is in OCTOBER!)  icon_really_happy_guy.gif "But look at our hockey/basketball/baseball team!" the yearly defense. Oy!

It could be worse BSG you could be a Viking fan. A Team year after year who seem to have it all but always seem to choke or have disaster strike at the most inopportune times.Remember 4th and 25 on the last play of the game last year against Arizona to knock them out of the playoffs.Remember the chip shot field goal against Atlanta years back that cost them a trip to the super bowl,hell our kicker set a record for most consecutive field goals ( 2 years) until that one shanked left and what about the Hail Mary against Dallas, Stauback launched a brilliant career at our expense, the prevent defense was originated from that one play and i can only imagine what heartache will be bestowed upon us this sunday against the hated Packers.So see BSG it could be worse you could be cheering for the purple and gold this sunday. trink39.gif  yes.gif

Even worse... a Rams fan.

(Guilty as charged.)

confused13.gif  

#15 Indica

Indica

Resident Left Winger

• Members
  • 13031 posts
  • Interests:Guitar
    My Girlfriend
    Fishing
    Music
    Helping out other people
    Football
    T&A
    Nature

Posted 06 January 2005 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 6 2005, 12:42 AM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jan 5 2005, 09:24 PM)
It really does suck to be a fan of the forlorn never-been-to-the-Super-Bowl-or-even-come-very-close Detroit Lions. Lowered expectations are a way of life. "Next year!" the everlasting battle cry (and that is in OCTOBER!)  icon_really_happy_guy.gif "But look at our hockey/basketball/baseball team!" the yearly defense. Oy!

Even worse... a Rams fan.

(Guilty as charged.)

confused13.gif

The Rams have won a super bowl. Don't hang your head, theres worse out there.  

#16 sfuentes

sfuentes

• Members *
  • 6769 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 12:48 AM

They blew it with New England, a team I can't stand. Just like the Yankees.

#17 Test4VitalSigns

Test4VitalSigns

London Calling

• Members *
  • 36903 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jan 5 2005, 11:20 PM)

I was a 49er's fan when that Joe guy was there. After that I gave up even though Steve Young had a few good years. yes.gif

Steve was awesome though Joe was the man.  Both were top guns in my book.

#18 spirit of radio

spirit of radio

Captain Canada

• Members *
  • 2546 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 6 2005, 02:16 AM)

Its funny you dont here of many 49er fans from the plunket era.

Besides you guys got 5 superbowls what r u bitchen about. confused13.gif  

#19 Test4VitalSigns

Test4VitalSigns

London Calling

• Members *
  • 36903 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Jan 6 2005, 02:25 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 6 2005, 02:16 AM)

Its funny you dont here of many 49er fans from the plunket era.

Besides you guys got 5 superbowls what r u bitchen about. confused13.gif

You sound bitter there Mr. "0 for 4 in the SuperBowl" Vikings fan  rofl3.gif  1287.gif  pokey.gif

Edited by Test4VitalSigns, 06 January 2005 - 06:10 AM.

#20 spirit of radio

spirit of radio

Captain Canada

• Members *
  • 2546 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 04:29 AM

Exactly ........ that's the whole point of this thread. confused13.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users