Ominous Happenings...

LakesideMaiden

Okay, new update.... LOL

When I got to work last night the Manager of the store pulled me aside and asked if she could talk with me for a minute unsure.gif So I said okay, and walked with her to the drum room, where she proceeded to tell me that she confused me with another Katt who interviewed while she was on vacation, and that Katt could only work part-time, then asked me how many hours a week I would conceivably like to work, I said, well I initially applied for a full time sales position...so 40 or so, then she asked what department I wanted to go into...I decided the dept I could make the most $ in and get the best experience relevant to the career Im going into (Audio/Recording Engineering) would be Pro Audio, so I'm going in 3 hours early today to start learning some of the basics smile.gif From there I'll have kinda mid-full-time paid training at my current wage ($8.00/hr with no commission yet cause I'm not selling yet) then after I pass the cert tests (that I got a CD for as well last night with the skills training and 2 certification tests (D level and C level) on it) I can go on the floor full time as a sales rep in Pro Audio common001.gif chickendance.gif cheer.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks everyone biggrin.gif I'm wicked excited 653.gif Spent today doing lighting...hooked up a TON of new lights in our demo/PA room...was MAD fun biggrin.gif cant wait for the next time I'm in Pro Audio chickendance.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Mar 10 2005, 09:08 PM)
nice ... that is a fun job ... did that a few times in between gigs when I was playing full time. Labor of love!!!

2.gif

Yes, it totally is wub.gif I absolutely love my job...though I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing me gush about it by now rofl3.gif It's nice to finally enjoy what I'm doing for a change...working in an office environment (ie. call center/data entry/receptionist) when you're a musician can be extremely emotionally draining after awhile... wacko.gif unsure.gif ph34r.gif So I am wicked happy that I'm finally working with music for once in my life and getting paid for it new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

LOL woohoo well thats good smile.gif I mean, nothing exciting has happened recently...i made my first sale today - nothing monumental, just a $50 DJ CD case LOL but I made some commission i think? LOL And I got certified at D level for Keyboards, next stop C level laugh.gif ...so much training and I brought it on myself wacko.gif ...but I love it! wub.gif its just very draining and takes me away from all of you so much!!!!! fists crying.gif

QUOTE (esmeralda @ Mar 16 2005, 11:19 PM)
Once you're done with the trainings etc. things will be more at ease, then you can
surprise us with all your posts!! laugh.gif
Keep up the good work.. and let us know all about it oke?

trink39.gif common001.gif You got it hon! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif biggrin.gif common001.gif

Hey LSM!

I've been away for awhile (very busy at work & home!).... But Congrats! Glad to hear things are going so well with the job for you! It's great to see you have some happiness in life!

applaudit.gif

Archived