Cygnus!!!

Alsgalpal

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Sep 1 2004, 10:45 AM)
HOLY FREAKING TAPDANCING COW!!!!

Well, that's a new one on me!

I used to tap dance too, but I don't like to talk about that. I was very young.

Thanks for the kindness.

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 1 2004, 12:42 PM)
He played all the instruments himself, ya know?

musik19.gif NP.gif musik19.gif blah.gif

Plus he has great hair. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 1 2004, 12:40 PM)

Plus he has great hair. biggrin.gif

Easy now. You're gonna get me all excited.

Where can I listen to this recording again? I heard some blues songs that his band played but I haven't ever heard jacobs ladder.

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 1 2004, 04:06 PM)
Where can I listen to this recording again? I heard some blues songs that his band played but I haven't ever heard jacobs ladder.

Yeah, where? Love to give it a spin Cyg!

This sounds great!! Did you record it yourself or did you go into the studio? The tones all sound pretty sweet too.

I have some recordings that I've done all myself too but I never could do any rush because my drum playing isn't good enough to play peart. I doubt if I could sing Geddy either, well and make it sound good that is.

I have done.

Black sabbath - Hand of doom

Frida - Theres Something going on

Verbena - My baby got shot

John Lennon - Imagine

Pearl jam - Elderly Lady

They don't sound near as good as your jacobs ladder, thats for sure. I recorded them on cakewalk on my computer. I'm not really a pro or anything at recording. It's still fun to do though. A cool hobby is how I look at it.

Thanks for sharing. 1022.gif

Edited by Indica

It was recorded for a ProTools class I took Fall of last year. I recorded it at my home studio and mixed it in my office at work. I recorded the drums first as a test for new mics. When I got into the class I needed something for a final project so I figured why not go all the way since the guitar solo is not too difficult (I figured it out as I recorded it). I have all kinds of partially recorded tunes from tone or ear tests. Sometimes if I am going for a particular tone I'll record myself or if I want to test my ear (reproducing accurately what I hear). Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Sep 1 2004, 05:15 PM)
It was recorded for a ProTools class I took Fall of last year. I recorded it at my home studio and mixed it my office at work. I recorded the drums first as a test for new mics. When I got into the class I needed something for a final project so I figured why not go all the way since the guitar solo is not too difficult (I fgured it out as I recorded it). I have all kinds of partially recorded tunes from tone or ear tests. Sometimes if I am going for a particular tone I'll record myself or if I want to test my ear (reproducing accurately what I hear).

I assume you got an A and a job offer on that one...

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 1 2004, 05:16 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Sep 1 2004, 05:15 PM)
It was recorded for a ProTools class I took Fall of last year. I recorded it at my home studio and mixed it my office at work. I recorded the drums first as a test for new mics. When I got into the class I needed something for a final project so I figured why not go all the way since the guitar solo is not too difficult (I fgured it out as I recorded it). I have all kinds of partially recorded tunes from tone or ear tests. Sometimes if I am going for a particular tone I'll record myself or if I want to test my ear (reproducing accurately what I hear).

I assume you got an A and a job offer on that one...

Without a doubt yes.gif

Yep, got an A on the project and the class. There was also a class project. We all participated in a recording of Steely Dan's Deacon Blues, on which I played acoustic guitar (serious chords in that) and drums. The instructor, my friend and former supervisor Nick played keys on it. The horns were not performed well unfortunately and Nick and I intend to revisit that at a later date to make it more acceptable for listening.

The class was paid for by my company.

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Sep 1 2004, 04:15 PM)
It was recorded for a ProTools class I took Fall of last year. I recorded it at my home studio and mixed it in my office at work. I recorded the drums first as a test for new mics. When I got into the class I needed something for a final project so I figured why not go all the way since the guitar solo is not too difficult (I figured it out as I recorded it). I have all kinds of partially recorded tunes from tone or ear tests. Sometimes if I am going for a particular tone I'll record myself or if I want to test my ear (reproducing accurately what I hear).

That would be nice to go to school for recording. I learned cakewalk on my own as I went along. I'm a CNC programmer so after years of working with software makes it easy to pick up other software's. I'm sure if I went to school I would learn all sorts of new tricks too. I only have a SoundBlaster live sound card in my computer and I only have 2 mics that are any good. So I make generic records using drum machines just for fun most of the time. Anytime I record songs with real drums I have to rent or borrow some good mics and then I have to be in more of a rush. When I'm in a rush It hurts my creativity because I can't relax. That's kind of like going into the studio, but going into the studio most people have the material all the way down and ready to go record. At home since it's just me I record at my own pace so I just play whenever I feel like it. Most of the time I would wake up in the morning and start throwing stuff down, then come back later and add more, etc. I just need better and more equipment for the most part. It's such a rewarding hobby because you have the song forever once you get it down. I wish I lived closer to you cyg because I'm sure we could have a ton of fun dicking around with music. The hardest part for me is the drums because that's the first tracks laid down. After the drums are down the guitars and everything else seems to go pretty easy.

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 1 2004, 05:28 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Sep 1 2004, 04:15 PM)
It was recorded for a ProTools class I took Fall of last year. I recorded it at my home studio and mixed it in my office at work. I recorded the drums first as a test for new mics. When I got into the class I needed something for a final project so I figured why not go all the way since the guitar solo is not too difficult (I figured it out as I recorded it). I have all kinds of partially recorded tunes from tone or ear tests. Sometimes if I am going for a particular tone I'll record myself or if I want to test my ear (reproducing accurately what I hear).

That would be nice to go to school for recording. I learned cakewalk on my own as I went along. I'm a CNC programmer so after years of working with software makes it easy to pick up other software's. I'm sure if I went to school I would learn all sorts of new tricks too. I only have a SoundBlaster live sound card in my computer and I only have 2 mics that are any good. So I make generic records using drum machines just for fun most of the time. Anytime I record songs with real drums I have to rent or borrow some good mics and then I have to be in more of a rush. When I'm in a rush It hurts my creativity because I can't relax. That's kind of like going into the studio, but going into the stupid most people have the material all the way down and ready to go record. At home since it's just me I record at my own pace so I just play whenever I feel like it. Most of the time I would wake up in the morning and start throwing stuff down, then come back later and add more, etc. I just need better and more equipment for the most part. It's such a rewarding hobby because you have the song forever once you get it down. I wish I lived closer to you cyg because I'm sure we could have a ton of fun dicking around with music. The hardest part for me is the drums because that's the first tracks laid down. After the drums are down the guitars and everything else seems to go pretty easy.

Indy, can you post some of your work? I'd like to hear it.

Go to this website and you can hear 2 of my songs. People review the songs too so you can read what other people say about them. I have more that I will post in the next couple weeks. My computer is still in Kentucky and I'm about to go get it this week so I have many songs I can post for you. Or I can email some mp3 to you now if you give me your email. Here is the website.

http://www.garageband.com/artist/wizzy1