How It Is

yyzyy

Is it just me, or is How It Is the best song off Vapor Trails? I mean, I find it incredible! The transition between the different parts, the melody, even Geddy's voice! It's all incredible. It fits together so perfectly (as with other Rush songs), but everyone always leaves this song out!! And I feel they should have played this song during the Vapor Trails tour instead of Secret Touch or Ceiling Unlimited...Actually, make that instead of Ceiling Unlimited...Just saying, I feel that How It Is deserves some recognition....3 CHEERS FOR HOW IT IS!!!!

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jan 4 2005, 01:26 PM)
Definately one of those songs where it sounds happy, but the message is not a happy one - kind of like Manhatten Project. It's definately less darker than the other songs on the album.

Hmmmm good point there...How it is...is one of favs as well! smile.gif

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Jan 4 2005, 01:13 PM)
Is it just me, or is How It Is the best song off Vapor Trails? I mean, I find it incredible! The transition between the different parts, the melody, even Geddy's voice! It's all incredible. It fits together so perfectly (as with other Rush songs), but everyone always leaves this song out!! And I feel they should have played this song during the Vapor Trails tour instead of Secret Touch or Ceiling Unlimited...Actually, make that instead of Ceiling Unlimited...Just saying, I feel that How It Is deserves some recognition....3 CHEERS FOR HOW IT IS!!!!

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

By the way your sig. It friggin rad!!! 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 4 2005, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (yyzyy @ Jan 4 2005, 01:13 PM)
Is it just me, or is How It Is the best song off Vapor Trails?  I mean, I find it incredible!  The transition between the different parts, the melody, even Geddy's voice!  It's all incredible.  It fits together so perfectly (as with other Rush songs), but everyone always leaves this song out!!  And I feel they should have played this song during the Vapor Trails tour instead of Secret Touch or Ceiling Unlimited...Actually, make that instead of Ceiling Unlimited...Just saying, I feel that How It Is deserves some recognition....3 CHEERS FOR HOW IT IS!!!!

trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif

By the way your sig. It friggin rad!!! 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

yes.gif Great sig!!! trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

HAHA...thanks for the compliments...i found it...did on a search on google...can't remember what exactly I typed...but I saved it and thought I'd share it...I think it's a hoot!!!! AND LOOK AT THE GREAT DETAIL ON NEIL'S DRUM KIT!!!! EVERYTHING IS THERE EXCEPT THE MIDDLE CRASH ON HIS BASS DRUM!!! I think that is so you can see his face....but thank you, and yes it is hilarious!!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

How It Is was my first "favorite" on Vapor Trails (all the tracks are now favs - I love the whole album!).

I particularly like the lines:

Foot upon the stair

Shoulder to the wheel

You can't tell yourself not to care

You can't tell yourself how to feel

My second fav of VT was Sweet Miracle. Is sounds like a rock version of gospel music.

But even though these might be the "softer" songs on the album, I like the heaviness, the "pure rock+roll" of the album in general, and Earthshine and Secret Touch ROCK!!

Definatly one of my favorite Rush songs. At the time VT came out, the message that this song said was definatly the message I needed to hear to help myself. They didnt really give Vapor Trails the credit it deserved for the Vapor Trails tour, it would have been great to hear this and a couple other songs on tour.

Definatly one of my favorite Rush songs. At the time VT came out, the message that this song said was definatly the message I needed to hear to help myself. They didnt really give Vapor Trails the credit it deserved for the Vapor Trails tour, it would have been great to hear this and a couple other songs on tour.

Correct...I wish they would have played these 5 songs from Vapor Trails during the VT Tour...

One Little Victory (yes)

How It Is (no)

Vapor Trail (no)

Ghost Rider (yes)

Earthshine (yes)

.....Especially How It Is.....

It's an OK song. Theres a lot better songs on VT though. Like Secret touch and Freeze and a few others.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 6 2005, 04:59 PM)
It's an OK song. Theres a lot better songs on VT though. Like Secret touch and Freeze and a few others.

yes.gif There are better songs on Vapor Trails, like Ghost Rider and One Little Victory for me, but How It Is still sounds really great and is an excellent song. Vapor Trails is just a great album overall. yes.gif trink39.gif

A VERY close second to Ghost Rider. How it is is a magnificent song, but Ghost Rider is my fav off the album. I like Vapor Trail too. And Sweet Mirical. And- Garage whats the point. The whole album is farging awesome! 2.gif

Archived