Racing Stripes

Pags

My 5 year old was just invited to a birthday movie party to go see Racing Stripes which is rated PG. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that. Anyone know anything about the movie and it's rating?

Thanks,

GP

The fine print in the rating window of the poster reads: "Mild crude humor and some language".

This was posted on IMDB :

Author: rob-pereyda from Sunnyvale, CA

*** This comment may contain spoilers ***

I just got back from an advance screening of the film. It was mostly a fun movie, especially if you have small children with you.

One problem I had with the film was the movement of the mouths. The technique is a little old-fashioned, so it takes about 20 minutes of film-watching for the awkwardness of it to go away. That's really fine though, since the first twenty minutes aren't that exciting anyways, except for a blurt in the rain explaining how Stripes (the zebra) ends up on the farm.

The flies were a little bit over the top at times, but maybe that was just David Spade being David Spade. Not that it was bad, but I knew it was him as soon as it opened its mouth.

I thought M. Emmet Walsh added a really nice touch to the film. He had the same homely quality he had in Christmas with the Kranks, so I think he was probably casted to accent that ability of his.

All in all, this is definitely a family film, and definitely not a date film...unless your date is into zebras.

Fun, fun fun...fun with stripes.