Brosnan back for Bond?

Jack Aubrey

Dark Horizons reports:

Here we go again... According to ComanderBond.Net, in the latest newsletter from the James Bond International Fan Club, chairman David Black offers this cryptic new rumour regarding the seemingly never-ending saga of Pierce Brosnan's attachment to "Bond 21":

"Although the media reports that Pierce has had enough of the ongoing Bond debate and ruled himself out - I have heard rumours that some further negotiations may have just taken place and he may still be back for the new film due for release in 2006. Don't rule him out just yet - that's all I can say on the subject!!"

Brosnan himself indicated late last year that the producers were searching for other people and hadn't contacted him about needing or not needing him again. Brosnan himself has seemed to have moved on from the part though expressed interest in coming back if the film was less "Die Another Day" action spectacle and more of a gritty intelligent thriller.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Jan 4 2005, 12:05 PM)
OK, first he isn't Bond, then he is, then he says he isn't, now he is...

Is it making you dizzy too?

I really hope they consider what he says and make the next move more of an intelligent thriller rather then action packed chaos. He makes an extremely good Bond, the best since Connery IMO, and would love to see them switch the focus back to making a movie that isnt meant for the audience to sit back and watch the pretty explosions with plastered drooling faces.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 4 2005, 04:15 PM)
I really hope they consider what he says and make the next move more of an intelligent thriller rather then action packed chaos. He makes an extremely good Bond, the best since Connery IMO, and would love to see them switch the focus back to making a movie that isnt meant for the audience to sit back and watch the pretty explosions with plastered drooling faces.

Well put, Moon. I would love it if they did that.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 4 2005, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 4 2005, 04:15 PM)
I really hope they consider what he says and make the next move more of an intelligent thriller rather then action packed chaos.  He makes an extremely good Bond, the best since Connery IMO, and would love to see them switch the focus back to making a movie that isnt meant for the audience to sit back and watch the pretty explosions with plastered drooling faces.

Well put, Moon. I would love it if they did that.

Yeah, no kidding. 'The Bourne Identity' proved that audiences enjoy a more cerebral, but still action-packed thriller. They should try it with Bond.

Oh, and if Brosnan walks, then Clive Owen should be the next Bond. He's got a great 'don't mess with me' look, doesn't he?

http://www.latinoreview.com/films_2003/paramount/beyondborders/images/Clive.jpg