Jimi Hendrix biopic dealt a serious blow

Jack Aubrey

From our friends at Dark Horizons

Andre 3000's attempt at bringing Jimi Hendrix's life story to the big screen has hit a major hurdle - the rock great's estate won't allow his music to be used in the film says ContactMusic.

Andre fears the Hendrix biopic will remain unmade because movie-makers will never gain the rights to use the guitar great's songs. He says, "I've heard that Will Smith wanted to do it (the film) at one time, Laurence Fishburne; Eddie Murphy had wanted to do it in the beginning of his career.

There's been a lot of scripts to try to make it happen, but nothing can go on. I can go and make a Hendrix film right now, but I could not use any Hendrix songs that he wrote in the film."

Drumnut: I totally agree.

K-Man: Me too!

So who could pull off the role? I like Fishburne, myself. He needs to do something great to atone for the godawful 'Matrix' sequels.

I agree with Fishburne, but he seems a little too old in my book. I honestly don't know who would be able to pull off a good Hendrix. But one thing is certain. The Hendrix story must be told. Such a tragic story as well.

Jamie Foxx might be good based on what I've heard about that Ray Charles biopic.

Edit: And another thing.....the 'Hendrix Estate' seems to be an awful entity to deal with, so it may be awhile before this actually gets made. Do a quick Google search on "Hendrix Estate", and you will find a litany of lawsuits. Sheesh mad.gif

Edited by Bastille Night

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 4 2005, 04:27 PM)
Drumnut: I totally agree.

K-Man: Me too!

So who could pull off the role? I like Fishburne, myself. He needs to do something great to atone for the godawful 'Matrix' sequels.

I thought Andre 3000 from Outkast was already pegged to play Jimi