First Rush record bought.

Slaine mac Roth

My first Rush album, Hemispheres, which I bought on September the 24th in 2003. I already look back to it with a hint of nostalgia! laugh.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always listened to my brothers Albums when I was a kid but when I finally bought my first Rush Album it was "All the worlds a Stage"........

Since then I have bought every Rush album multiple times (except feedback). I wore them out and had to buy more. I ripped all their CD's into MP3 and have them on my computer and listen to them that way. I also downloaded many bootleg shows of Rush and added them into my mp3 collection. Also, I burn the bootlegs on CD's and listen to them in the car.

ATWAS was my first RUSH album. I still have the album with the gatefold packaging. God knows I haven't played that album in years, (extremely worn vinyl). Bought the CD version of ATWAS some time ago, and still love this disc/ live show for its raw energy. wink.gif

Moving Pictures and Permanent Waves, bought on the exact same outing. Next came, in this order...

Signals

Hemispheres

A Farewell To Kings

Rush

A Show of Hands

Grace Under Pressure

Hold Your Fire

Fly By Night

Power Windows

Caress of Steel

Vapor Trails

Counterparts

Different Stages

Test For Echo

Roll The Bones

Presto

Rush In Rio

All The World's A Stage

Exit.. Stage Left

Feedback

Edit: Forgot to include when I bought Vapor Trails doh.gif

~2112~

My new boyfriend at that time(Thanks Andy, wherever you are lips.gif ) played me this really incredible album, so in 1983, I went out and picked up my first of many 2.gif albums, cassettes, cd's...

well i know back in the day there was a thing called a record but nowadays CDs are the hip thing, so the first CD i got was Vapor Trails (mainly because of Neil's opening fill). Later i got ATWAS (also the first Rush record i got) T4E, MP, and 2112.

QUOTE (petsounds75 @ Jan 4 2005, 10:30 PM)
Grace Under Pressure, Christmas 1984 - on Cassette (Mercury cassette - made in Holland)

Me too - except mine was made in Canada. wink.gif

I was 10 years old and my life changed forever.

I first heard them on my firends ultimate air guitar CD with Spirit of Radio

Then recomendation of my philosophy teacher (whos not really a teacher just some bloke in a leather jacket who starts arguments that last for half an hour then buys the students beer lol) I bought 2112 in early 2002 and now have every single album on CD with the exception of Power Windows but I have that on LP along with AFTK, PW and Archives.

Shred that bass!

I owned a couple of Rush records before I ever bought any. One was given to me and I traded for the other (2112 and PeW, respectively). The first one I bought with my own money was 'Moving Pictures'.

I don't remember which one I bought first. I think I had a cassette copies of PoW, p/g, Signals and MP that were dubbed off the official cassettes - but obviously I didn't buy those. But which one I bought first? I would guess it was one of those four. Probably PoW. I have purchased every release now at least twice.

QUOTE (Uncle @ Jan 7 2005, 04:50 PM)
I first heard them on my firends ultimate air guitar CD with Spirit of Radio

Then recomendation of my philosophy teacher (whos not really a teacher just some bloke in a leather jacket who starts arguments that last for half an hour then buys the students beer lol) I bought 2112 in early 2002 and now have every single album on CD with the exception of Power Windows but I have that on LP along with AFTK, PW and Archives.

Shred that bass!

I wish I'd had teachers like that trink39.gif

Archived