First Rush record bought.

Slaine mac Roth

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I purchased 2112 back in '76. It was the featured album in the store and was blasting over the stereo behind the counter. Every once in a while I think of what my life would've been like had I not walked into the store that day.

I think the first album I bought was the Hemispheres picture disc in January 1980 with some money I'd got from my Aunt and Uncle for my birthday. I'd already been bought All the Worlds a Stage for Christmas and had got 2112 on tape.

I got my first Rush album when I was 5- Counterparts!

Of course... I wasn't the one who paid for it. Eventually, my second oldest brother took it from me, and has it at his apartment now.

However, I DID buy Test For Echo myself when it came out, which would've been my 2nd album of Rush. Now I have those two, Spirit of Radio, Vapor Trails, Roll the Bones, and Rush in Rio (CD and DVD, don't ask why). And... I think that's it.

So the first Album I ever bought was Test for Echo! That was when I was... 8 or 9?

My first RUSH album was test for echo that I bought with my own money. I had recieved RTB and CP as Christmas gifts and bought the others later!

Archived