How did 2004 treat you?

barney_rebel

You know what's really Funny?

In Flagrante Delicto sounds like some marvelous itlaian dessert with mounds and mounds of wipped cream...

Trust me, it ain't even pretty to look at...

whipped cream indeed.....

It was a crappy Year!

One of the worst was nearly dying and being on Life Support for a week. Yep that sucked. Along with a ton of more stuff that is very personal and I wont go into.

Good

Saw Rush 3 times including 2 times in the 5th and 3rd rows, first time ever being out of the lawn or back in no mans land.

Met some aweome people at said events including RushRevisited who is one of the best people you could ever wish to have as a friend. And a few others here on the board.

Now confirmed I have seen Rush 13 times.

Other than Rush my year blew chunks.

Good in the beginning, then from bad to worse. Don't feel like explaining.

Pixey,

Kudos on surviving! Seriously. Everyday I wake up is a good day. It's not too late to accomplish anything with my life till I'm pemanently hoizontal. DON"T LET THE BASTARDS GET YOU DOWN! Live YOUR life on YOUR terms in spite of them....

oh, and the best revenge is to die deeeeeeply in debt, I got that bit covered. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Professionally: mixed.

Personally: mixed.

Hmm............ I think I need a mixed drink. cocktail.gif (Yum! A vodka martini.)

(3 martinis later) Ok, that's better. Now I can share.....

Umm........... I rediscovered my love of great music, saw two of the best concerts of my life, (one from the front row), got acquainted with some fantastic, cool, smart people, and made some very special friends, who have enriched my life immeasureably. (No, not YOU, Rivendell.) moon.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (debe @ Jan 2 2005, 09:30 PM)
Pixey,

Kudos on surviving! Seriously. Everyday I wake up is a good day. It's not too late to accomplish anything with my life till I'm pemanently hoizontal. DON"T LET THE BASTARDS GET YOU DOWN! Live YOUR life on YOUR terms in spite of them....

oh, and the best revenge is to die deeeeeeply in debt, I got that bit covered. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

goodpost.gif

It started off kind of bad. . . my back was out and I rang in the new year with pain pills and a milkshake laugh.gif My grandmother, a true saint, passed in february. . my sister in law had neck surgery, then I had back surgey. . .

But I discovered this wonderful place where I felt so accepted and among friends, and that was TRF smile.gif ESL was formed. . . out of the hilarity of a couple of lengthy chatroom sessions. . . and from all that I met the most wonderful man possible. wub.gif 2005 is filled with so much promise... of a future.. of love... and of great times to be had smile.gif

Good..

- Started dancing again, definatly the most signifigant improvement I have made in my life since I started the first time at age 5.

- Realized biotech is where I want to take my life

- Saw more concerts this year then all my years combined before, 9 in total.

-Spent the beginning of the year with my friends from MD and NY (first 2 weeks)

- Quit smoking pot, I am now 6 months clean now.

- Promoted out of stocking at Costco, w00t!

Bad...

- Had about 2 days off in the first half of the year from work or school.

- Car broke down and will require a bit of $ to bring it back to life

- Bass broke, will need to buy a new one

- Havent actively been trying to get better at bass guitar, I havent really picked it up to seriously play since last winter. confused13.gif

- Bush was reelected 062802puke_prv.gif

All in all, it wasnt too bad. Compared to prevoius years though, this is probably the best one I have had in a long, LONG while. Hopefully things will continue to improve as they have been recently.

QUOTE (debe @ Jan 2 2005, 09:30 PM)
Pixey,

Thank you very much. I really have the bit about being in debt down to a T! I hear Bankruptcy Attorneys calling me name now! laugh.gif unsure.gif sad.gif fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Jan 2 2005, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jan 2 2005, 07:56 PM)
It's not Lybia nor Libia,

It's Libya wink.gif

If it says Libby's Libby's Libby's

on the label label label

something something something....

If it says Libby's Libby's Libby's

on the label label label

You will like it like it like it

on the table table table.

Damn, I'm showing my age here aren't I? I haven't seen that comertial since the 70's laugh.gif

2004 was pretty good for me...

Got into Rush BIG TIME...

I got to see them three times...I got to meet RR, ES, daveyt and others AND see Rush in Nashville. I got to fly to Vegas, hang out with RR, Earthshine, CygnusX-1bk2, Digital Man, daveyt, pedro and others for four whole days, including a LIFE-CHANGING trip through Death Valley--and I saw Rush. THEN I got to fly to NY and hang out with 1-0-0-1, DM, Indica, Donna and Sing--AND see Rush at RCMH... Meeting these people and seeing those shows are definitely highlights of 2004, and my whole life! RR and 1 have become two of my best friends, and I will always remember 2004 for that.

Getting to know so many of you TRFers is a big bonus too...I missed you guys over the break.

My sons are growing up fast...my oldest started first grade in 2004. My youngest is talking and communicating better than ever. I'm thankful.

It coulda been better..but then it coulda been worse!

Lots out there that are worse off then me..so i cant bitch bout my problems too much...hopfully 2005 will be better for me then 2004...LOTS of room for improvment thats for sure!!! yes.gif

Good '04 Hi-Lites :

Another Olympics done in beautiful Athens.

Excellent year, (professionally speaking).

Saw R30 tour in Detroit.

"Travelling Music" by Neil, (great book !).

Blessed with healthy family, and friends.

Finding The Rush Forum !!! laugh.gif

Bad '04 Lo-Lites :

Father's open heart surgery.

Parents in car accident.

NO F**KING NHL HOCKEY !! mad.gif

"Contents Under Pressure" by Popoff, (great pictures, but terribly written).

Old friends passing away at far too young an age. sad.gif

Hope everyone has a safe, healthy, and happy 2005 !! biggrin.gif

Archived