The Official 2007/08 NHL thread

pt2112

Well preseason has begun, tonight the Flyers won 3-2 over the Devils, I think it's the start of a new Flyers team. Montreal won in OT over the Pens, Thrashers beat the Islanders in OT. Edmonton won 5-4 over Florida. Still a couple games going on right now.

The Leafs start their preseason tomorrow against Edmonton, and all I can say is GO LEAFS GO!!!

Season begins on the 29/30th, with LA and Anaheim playing 2 games in London.

And then on Oct. 3rd is the first Leafs game! Can't wait!

Go Leafs!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to start this thread at the end of this week just prior to the beginning of the season but you beat me! doh.gif

Anyway, Good Luck to all fans watching their perspective teams. Some of us may not be watching their team in postseason. But hey, you can be spoiler! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 23 2007, 10:36 PM)
I was going to start this thread at the end of this week just prior to the beginning of the season but you beat me! doh.gif

Anyway, Good Luck to all fans watching their perspective teams. Some of us may not be watching their team in postseason. But hey, you can be spoiler! tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah, decided to start this thread a few days after I bought my tickets.

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 23 2007, 10:45 PM)
I was going to start this thread at the end of this week just prior to the beginning of the season but you beat me!  doh.gif

Anyway, Good Luck to all fans watching their perspective teams. Some of us may not be watching their team in postseason. But hey, you can be spoiler!  tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Good idea!!!

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 23 2007, 10:53 PM)
I was going to start this thread at the end of this week just prior to the beginning of the season but you beat me!  doh.gif

Anyway, Good Luck to all fans watching their perspective teams. Some of us may not be watching their team in postseason. But hey, you can be spoiler!  tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Good idea!!!

Oh and preseason starting too.

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 23 2007, 10:55 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 23 2007, 10:53 PM)

laugh.gif

Good idea!!!

Oh and preseason starting too.

Of course... biggrin.gif

Anaheim adds depth with little loss:

B's Acquire Saunders and Skinner in exchange for Mowers Boston Bruins Sep 24, 2007, 3:57 PM EDT BOSTON, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced Monday that the Bruins have acquired defenseman Nathan Saunders and defenseman Brett Skinner from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for center Mark Mowers. Both Saunders and Skinner have been assigned to Providence (AHL).

Originally drafted by the Ducks in the fourth round (119th overall) of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, Saunders split time between the August Lynx (ECHL) and Portland Pirates (AHL) last season. He appeared in 59 games for the Lynx where he tallied one goal and 13 assists and played 16 games for Portland recording three assists. He saw action in 261 games for the Moncton Wildcats of the QMJHL from 2001-2005 and registered 14-73-87 totals with 794 penalty minutes while with Moncton. The 22-year-old Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island native made his professional debut with the Portland Pirates in the 2005-2006 season.

24-year-old Brett Skinner was selected by the Vancouver Canucks in the third round (68th overall) of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft before being dealt to Anaheim on March 9, 2006. He played for three different teams in 2006-2007, including the Portland Pirates (AHL), Augusta Lynx (ECHL) and Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights (AHL). Skinner won back-to-back National Championships with the University of Denver in 2004 and 2005. His first professional experience came with the Manitoba Moose during the 2005-2006 season where he recorded 4-21-25 totals in 65 games.

Mowers established career highs in games played (78), goals (5) and assists (12) as a member of the Bruins last season. For his NHL career, Mowers has played in 261 games between Nashville, Detroit and Boston and has notched 17 goals and 44 assists. Mowers was signed by the Bruins as a free agent on July 6, 2006.

Following the move the Bruins have 30 players remaining in training camp.

unsure.gif confused13.gif Not sure if this was a good move....we'll see

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 24 2007, 08:29 PM)
I'm not liking this move the Bruins did.

Neither am I...I know they were light on defense but this looks much better for Anaheim than the B's sad.gif

Mowers played hard every night. I didn't see him give up on to many plays. Bergeron gave up on tons....I'm getting worried that we have another Sinden on our hands for trading away talent....I hope not.

Guess there still is bad blood between the Isles and Rangers from when Chris Simon swung his his stick at Hollweg. In last night's preseason game there was a huge brawl including the goalies. Total penalty minutes handed out was 164. The Isles ended up winning 5-4 in OT. Can't wait to see what'll happen between these teams in regular season.

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 25 2007, 06:44 PM)
Guess there still is bad blood between the Isles and Rangers from when Chris Simon swung his his stick at Hollweg. In last night's preseason game there was a huge brawl including the goalies. Total penalty minutes handed out was 164. The Isles ended up winning 5-4 in OT. Can't wait to see what'll happen between these teams in regular season.

Just as I was thinking there was no rivalries anymore.....

Of course, there are two goons at the start of it all.....

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 25 2007, 08:43 PM)

Yup, 2 idiots for sure. Guess they make games like these way more interesting though.

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 25 2007, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 25 2007, 08:43 PM)

Yup, 2 idiots for sure. Guess they make games like these way more interesting though.

Usually, they're the ones that spark the rivalries.....

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 26 2007, 04:00 PM)
Steve Downie just f***ing rocked Dean McAmmond in a preseason game between the Flyers and Sens. He's suspended indefinitely.

Here's the hit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=322zqTkL0-c

I love good hard hitting in hockey as much as anyone out there.... but man I saw that hit live last night and it was brutal. One of the worse hits I've seen the past couple seasons.

Hope McAmmond is okay he's lucky he doesn't have a broken neck. And I hope Downie that hot tempered jackass can grow up - he's a kid with a lot of talent but with prior incidents and now this he's quickly becoming seen as reckless and dangerous.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 26 2007, 04:20 PM)
Steve Downie just f***ing rocked Dean McAmmond in a preseason game between the Flyers and Sens. He's suspended indefinitely.

Here's the hit:

I love good hard hitting in hockey as much as anyone out there.... but man I saw that hit live last night and it was brutal. One of the worse hits I've seen the past couple seasons.

Hope McAmmond is okay he's lucky he doesn't have a broken neck. And I hope Downie that hot tempered jackass can grow up - he's a kid with a lot of talent but with prior incidents and now this he's quickly becoming seen as reckless and dangerous.

Yeah, he should really start to learn to play a cleaner game.

This really was a brutul hit too, his feet left the ground and he got the elbow up. He should have known better than to do those things, and just take him out cleanly.

Here's the hit:

If he didn't leave his feet, it's a proper hit. He left his feet & really pushed a bit much. A suspension is correct the correct action for how long is truly the question. I'm not sure that indefinitely is right but 15 games might work.

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 26 2007, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 26 2007, 04:20 PM)

Here's the hit:

Yeah, he should really start to learn to play a cleaner game.

This really was a brutul hit too, his feet left the ground and he got the elbow up. He should have known better than to do those things, and just take him out cleanly.

trink39.gif I agree. Elbows in & do not leave feet!

I think that little fukker should be kicked out of the league for EVER!

What is it going to take? For someone to get killed on the ice?

F'n bullshit!!!

If Bettman has any balls and a spine he'll make an example out of this a-hole and send him to the ECHL to play out his career.

I love to see solid body checking too, even a good punch up, but there's no place in the league for that kind of dirty B.S.

McAmmond's entire season could be in jeopardy.

End of rant. angry.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Sep 27 2007, 04:02 PM)

F'n bullshit!!!

If Bettman has any balls and a spine he'll make an example out of this a-hole and send him to the ECHL to play out his career.

I love to see solid body checking too, even a good punch up, but there's no place in the league for that kind of dirty B.S.

End of rant. angry.gif

Let me guess, you are a Sens fan?

It shouldn't have been a match, maybe a ten minute penalty. No intent to injure involved. Downie is just a hard hitter and a hard back checker. Couple that with the fact that he is trying to make the Flyer's roster, its obvious he just got too carried away. Besides, McAmmond should have had his head up.

Leaving your feet is easy to do without meaning to when you get a head of steam going into your opponent.

QUOTE (Sabs89 @ Sep 27 2007, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Sep 27 2007, 04:02 PM)

F'n bullshit!!!

End of rant. angry.gif

Let me guess, you are a Sens fan?

It shouldn't have been a match, maybe a ten minute penalty. No intent to injure involved. Downie is just a hard hitter and a hard back checker. Couple that with the fact that he is trying to make the Flyer's roster, its obvious he just got too carried away. Besides, McAmmond should have had his head up.

Leaving your feet is easy to do without meaning to when you get a head of steam going into your opponent.

He's cleary a Canucks fan.

And yeah, he deserves his suspension. He lifted his feet and had his elbow up, knocking McAmmond unconscious.

Archived