Buffalo bills thread

Indica

The Bills are doing well and might make the playoffs so I figured they needed their own thread. I hope they make it to the playoffs because they seem to be doing better right now then the Broncos and the Jets. The AFC is loaded with talent right now so the playoffs should be good this year.

Also I like Mike Mularkey, he seems like he will make a fine head coach. He's doing well for a new coach, they have the 24h ranked offense though and need some work in that area but their defense is looking good, they are ranked #3 in the NFL and that's how you win games. Jerry Gray is a good defensive coach no doubt.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Dec 31 2004, 02:30 PM)
Bills are sweet.  I have no problems with them and they are doing pretty well this year.  Personally, I like their logo.  653.gif  1022.gif

True, they also played one of the best superbowl games I ever seen in my life. In 1990 against the Giants. That was one hell of a game. Even though they lost, I was pulling for them since they are in the AFC. I think the game was 19-20 or something like that. The closest superbowl ever.

When I say 1990, I mean the 1990 season, I think the game was played in 1991 though, I think.

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 31 2004, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Dec 31 2004, 02:30 PM)
Bills are sweet. I have no problems with them and they are doing pretty well this year. Personally, I like their logo.  653.gif 1022.gif

True, they also played one of the best superbowl games I ever seen in my life. In 1990 against the Giants. That was one hell of a game. Even though they lost, I was pulling for them since they are in the AFC. I think the game was 19-20 or something like that. The closest superbowl ever.

When I say 1990, I mean the 1990 season, I think the game was played in 1991 though, I think.

Well I was either 2 or 3 years old at the time, so I had no idea what was going on. laugh.gif Glad you saw a good game though. 1022.gif

It indeed was a great SuperBowl...I remember it very well....big time drama with last second missed fg...the whole atmosphere (due to 1st Persian Gulf War which started several weeks prior)....good back and forth action...lots of great players....LT, Bruce Smith etc....

Now this is a thread I can get into!!!

That first Superbowl for Buffalo. Superbowl 25. Great game. How did Buffalo loose that game? Bill Parcells coached circles around Marv Levy. 41 minutes of ball control time for the Giants. 19 minutes for Buffalo. That's a point a minute! This was also the best chance Buffalo had to win a Bowl. They just got physically dominated against the Redskins and the Cowboys.

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Dec 31 2004, 06:18 PM)
I hope the Bills go to the SUperbowl, that would be a lessor opponent for the Falcons to beat! smile.gif

The Bills would destroy the Falcons!

QUOTE (Draconator @ Jan 1 2005, 01:35 PM)
I hope the Bills go to the SUperbowl, that would be a lessor opponent for the Falcons to beat!  smile.gif

Thats 2 great defenses, I doubt that anyone would blow anyone out in this one. I'd say it would be a pretty good game. Buffalo haven't played a team as good as the Falcons in over 6 weeks and when they did they got beat.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 1 2005, 04:07 PM)
QUOTE (Draconator @ Jan 1 2005, 01:35 PM)
I hope the Bills go to the SUperbowl, that would be a lessor opponent for the Falcons to beat! smile.gif

Thats 2 great defenses, I doubt that anyone would blow anyone out in this one. I'd say it would be a pretty good game. Buffalo haven't played a team as good as the Falcons in over 6 weeks and when they did they got beat.

Eh, I still say the Bills would win it trink39.gif

QUOTE (Presto45 @ Jan 1 2005, 11:44 PM)
Bills are awesome i cant wait for the game tomorrow, Indica your Steelers are going to lose trink39.gif

For once I agree with you, You have been saying they are going to lose for 13 straight weeks and have been wrong every time. If they do lose you will be 1-13, not bad dood, I think we have a modern day Jimmy the Greek on our hands here. laugh.gif

What did the Bills do wrong today?

- Drew Bledsoe is no longer a starting QB in the NFL. Who knows what happened, but when the team needs him most, he does something to screw up. How many times have you seen Bledsoe not only get sacked, but loose the ball to seal the victory for the visiting team? It's time for Drew to realize that he is nothing more than a very good backup, and the Bills need to usher in the J.P. Losman era beginning in 2005.

- Rian Lindel. This guy has missed "important" field goals for the Bills for far too long. Sure. He could go 4 for 4 against the 49ers. Yet when we really need him to make an easy field goal, he misses. You saw what a good team did with an opportunity like this. They drove right down and took the momentum away for Buffalo. He also needs to be let go.

- Defense. They have kept us in most of our games this year. They kept us in the Steelers game. But, when the Bills needed their defense to make one stop, they couldn't. They needed to stop the Steelers to make them punt on the Steelers final drive in the 4th quarter. Instead, Pittsburgh delivered a near 10 minute drive to win.

Bright spots?

- Defense. This is a great unit, and despite what I said earlier, they are an elite group of players. This is going to be a dominating unit.

- Willis McGahee. Damn! The guy is tough, and he isn't afraid of anyone! This is a very nice change from Travis Henry, who would rather turn sideways through a hole, rather than take a defender head on, and may the toughest man win.

- Lee Evans. This guy not only replaced the threat that Peerless Price was, he does much more! This is a great receiver, with very great things to come!

- Return special teams. They are a threat to return a kick or punt at any time. That possibility changes a game plan for the opponent, which can be big.

- Mike Mularkey. Not a bad job for a rookie head coach in the N.F.L. He did a great job finding what was hampering the Bills, and made it work. Yes. He did get outcoached by Cowher today, but someone like Mularkey will take todays game, and learn from it, apply what went right, and will identify what didn't go well.

Hi Guys,

Being female, I feel completely out of my element here ... but I must say regardless of the fact that we lost today fists crying.gif , this is the most exciting Bills team we've had in a LONG time ... when I watch McGahee, I can't help but see a young Barry Sanders ... Lee Evans, an absolute force to be reckoned with .. we have alot of positives on our team (and some weaknesses too), but overall I'm proud of my boys, and look forward to next year.

Even though they beat us, I have a great feeling about the Steelers ... I know I'll get alot of slack for this, but I can't think of another coach that deserves a SuperBowl win more that Bill Cowher ...

... and on that note (this one's for you, Indica) GO STEELERS!!!

Actually it was an exciting game today. If the steelers would have played their starters the score would have been 55-10. The bills are an OK team though, I think their defense is damn good, don't feel bad though Buffalo fans, they got beat by the best team in football.

Archived