Just A Dude saying hi

Test4VitalSigns

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amen to that! I can't believe there aren't more female fans, either...guys just can't seem to get used to the fact that us girls really do GET it. Every show I went to, I had somebody comment, "Hey, she knows the LYRICS!"

rofl3.gif

This is so great to have a lot of females in a male dominated Rushworld. I have never met (in person) a female Rush fan!!! They are so awesome, how can women not like them??? The music is fantastic, the lyrics make sense, and are great, and the Boyz are easy to look at too!!!! Mix that with a cool sense of humor, and what do ya get?????

653.gif 2.gif 653.gif

We are a great group of people, aye?

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Sep 1 2004, 12:02 PM)
This is so great to have a lot of females in a male dominated Rushworld.  I have never met (in person) a female Rush fan!!!  They are so awesome, how can women not like them??? The music is fantastic, the lyrics make sense, and are great, and the Boyz are easy to look at too!!!!  Mix that with a cool sense of humor, and what do ya get?????

653.gif  2.gif  653.gif

We are a great group of people, aye?

Aye, indeed we are!

trink39.gif

And speaking of easy on the eyes.....

http://img.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/44/443041.jpg

<sigh> <drool......> wub.gif

tongue.gif

It's funny, Alsgalpal, me and GG were in Nashville at a hotel bar and the tour bus driver walked in, all access passes around her neck, and she told us that Alex and Geddy were asking her why there are not more female Rush fans... I forget what we even answered, GG? Do your remember? Anyway, if any of you have any ideas as to why it is that Rush fans are like 90% male, post your thoughts here and maybe we can get an answer to them ;-)

For whatever reason, most rock musicians are male...and I've often heard it said that Rush are the musician's musicians. Not to say that all male Rush fans are musicians (but a lot are) OR that women can't be rock musicians (heavens, no) but they are much more rare. Maybe that's part of it...

The rest of us women who GET IT are obviously just brilliant and deserve to be put on pedestals and worshipped...

rofl3.gif

(And BTW...I just KNEW we were about to score a M & G from that bus driver...DANG it.)

Yes, the brilliance of the female Rush fans on this great board is undeniable. biggrin.gif I have an additional theory.

I think it's primarily the fact that early on Rush acquired an image as a Sci-Fi, nerdy, heavy rock band with a screechy vocalist, which turned off a lot of potential women fans. In the eyes of those who don't bother to get past mis-conceptions, they have never completely overcome that image.

It's just a credit to those of us who are perceptive enough to see them for what they are.

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 1 2004, 12:55 PM)
It's just a credit to those of us who are perceptive enough to see them for what they are.

Brah-VO, old chap...excellent insight, that.

(How's my Brit-speak, Chas and NPG?) biggrin.gif

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Sep 1 2004, 12:54 PM)
I can't believe that! I was sure Ged and Al knew we existed! I'm kind of sad.gif about that!!! After all, they DID get to meet at least 3 of us Rush girls in Nashville this time....they have to know we exist!!!

6 1/2, when you count the VB M&G - two ladies from CP, me, and Little Baldrick.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 1 2004, 08:33 PM)

Spot on dear girl. That's jolly well good. Rather!!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Sep 1 2004, 03:44 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 1 2004, 08:33 PM)

Spot on dear girl. That's jolly well good. Rather!!

biggrin.gif

Wooooo hoooooooo! I done did it! I'm s' dern proud!

(I don't need an opinion on my Alabama-speak! biggrin.gif)

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 1 2004, 11:52 AM)
Thanx for the replies ladies! Where were u all my life??? LOL.gif I mean EVERY girl i've dated hated Rush... confused13.gif But's nice to know there's still hope!!
yes.gif wink.gif wub.gif 1022.gif

once again thanx and hope to meet ya at some future shows! ROCK ON!!

i was beginning to think that was the whole reason you came int oa ladies forum....

looking for a hook up 'eh?

well, eventually, you'll probably find it....

and i couldn't think of a better place...

***note to men***

when looking for a "mate" make sure she shares alot your common interests...

especially if you want them to remain your common interests...

(ex: RUSH...hunting...fishing....golf...... or any sport....)

anyway....welcome bekloppt.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 1 2004, 12:37 AM)
I know this space is reserved for the ladies but i just wanted to say hi and that it's really cool to see 2.gif loved and admired by the ladies for which is traditionally a "guy" band...ROCK ON GALS!!!!!! 1022.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks Test! We've been out there all along....you just had to look for us biggrin.gif

Archived