worst rush song ever released

bringer of balance

I have read before, and continue to believe, they never put out anything they didn't think was worth making.

Irrelevant....just because THEY thought it was worth making doesn't mean I am obliged to.

Nobodys Hero sucks donkey balls by the way.......

• Like 2

I feel so alone! The songs I am seeing as being the worst are so great.

Different, of course. I am an early and later album fan, but I made a point this year to play the "middle" albums often. There are awesome gems in them :)

They are growing on me all the time. I can't think of a "worst" song, really, but Half The World? Really? A worst? It has great bass and guitar, the lyrics are simple but true, a great song.

And Nobody's Hero is not about donkey balls. :tsk: It's a classic ballad of sorts that really speaks to us all getting older. But because nobody's buying nobody's heros, nobody knows their lives are gone. Only the famous ones.

I am thinking perhaps I should just not respond in this thread, since, I tend to defend the songs instead of listing the worst ones.

Fair enough.

• Like 3

I feel so alone! The songs I am seeing as being the worst are so great.

Different, of course. I am an early and later album fan, but I made a point this year to play the "middle" albums often. There are awesome gems in them :)

They are growing on me all the time. I can't think of a "worst" song, really, but Half The World? Really? A worst? It has great bass and guitar, the lyrics are simple but true, a great song.

And Nobody's Hero is not about donkey balls. :tsk: It's a classic ballad of sorts that really speaks to us all getting older. But because nobody's buying nobody's heros, nobody knows their lives are gone. Only the famous ones.

I am thinking perhaps I should just not respond in this thread, since, I tend to defend the songs instead of listing the worst ones.

Fair enough.

I don`t want pop choruses, and I don`t want trite expressions, from Rush. There are other bands that offer those things in spades. I listen to Rush because they did things differently.

Of course it's not about Donkey Balls.....it SUCKS Donkey balls.

Why?.....well, the music is pretty pedestrian though nothing too jarring.

However, the lyrics.....oh dear me Neil...

The subject matter is interesting, even worthy, but his ham-handed attempt at presenting the concept reads like a 13 year old with Aspergers,

The main body of the song is bad enough, but that first verse makes my buttocks clench with embarrassment...

Awful beyond words..

And Nobody's Hero is not about donkey balls.

You’re right. It’s more like donkey dick than donkey balls. :P

Really though - Nobody’s Hero does nothing for me musically or lyrically

I think the chorus is stellar. The rest is a bit too on the nose, I think.

And Nobody's Hero is not about donkey balls.

You’re right. It’s more like donkey dick than donkey balls. :P

Really though - Nobody’s Hero does nothing for me musically or lyrically

I think the chorus is stellar. The rest is a bit too on the nose, I think.

The chorus kinda works, - sentiment's good. Juxtaposed to the verse, meh. It's a struggle to get to the chorus. :o It feels like ticking boxes,IMO. Sounding forced and awkward. Making it hard to listen to as a whole song, for me. Tie that in with the nature of the subjects and how they're expressed. There are other Rush songs I'd much rather listen to.

• Like 1

The Nobody's Hero hate is strong on this forum

So what? You think Xanadu is overrated.

I bet if you did a five-option poll (love - like - ok - dislike - hate) with “hate” at the bottom, the percentage ticking that box would be in the minority. There’s a good chance that there’d be the same number if not more people who’d tick loving it.

The Garden

It is indeed dogshit...

Never understood the love it gets.

Not only it is a terrible song, but it is how they went out. Last song on the last studio album. Are you kidding me?

For sure....it's certainly not the Swan Song I would have chosen.

The Garden

It is indeed dogshit...

Not only it is a terrible song, but it is how they went out. Last song on the last studio album. Are you kidding me?

As a fan of the Garden, what about it is so deplorable to y'all? (I'm just curious) I personally thought it was magical live.

Edited by spaceaudity11
  • Like 2

The Garden

It is indeed dogshit...

As a fan of the Garden, what about it is so deplorable to y'all? (I'm just curious) I personally thought it was magical live.

I make it a point never to answer a question that has "y'all" in it....

However I'll make an exception this time :-)

Awkward lyrics that feel shoehorned into the song and terrible production.

Plus it just feels clunky.

• Like 1

For me my list of songs that could be considered for this prestigious title is as such:

Dog Years

Virtuality

The Color of Right

Half the World

Stars Look Down

Hand Over Fist

High Water (So much worse than the infinitely cheesy and grandiose Tai Shan in my eyes)

Face Up

I know I am breaking no new ground with these relatively cliche picks.

For me, pretty close between Dog Years and The Trees

Ive noticed something over the past year, that I seem to appreciate songs a little more than I used to once I try to play the guitar or bass tabs for them. Not sure what it is about them, but ive noticed appreciating songs such as Dog Years, Virtuality, Wheres My Thing, How It Is more recently. And by no means was the reason for not being crazy about those songs at first because of the musicianship, are you kidding? It could just be that I'm warming up to the songs over time and it just so happens to be around the time Ive been playing a lot of Rush on guitar, but who knows?

Today, I would never have Dog Years as a contender for worst Rush song.