worst rush song ever released

bringer of balance

This might not be popular but I'm gonna go with Tom Sawyer. There's some cool riffs but too much synth and the lyrics are worse than the South Park parody.

I wouldn't say it was their worst, but I definitely agree with you about the lyrics...the first verse in particular is horrible.

How about this lyric for a comparison?

Jack, relax

Get busy with the facts

No zodiacs or almanacs

No maniacs in polyester slacks

Just the facts

Gonna kick some Gluteus max

It's a parallax, you dig?

You move around

The small gets big, it's a rig

It's action, reaction

Random interaction

So who's afraid

Of a little abstraction?

Can't get no satisfaction

From the facts?

You better run, homeboy

A fact's a fact

From Nome to Rome, boy

What's the deal, spin the wheel

If the dice are hot, take a shot

Play your cards, show us what you got

What you're holding

If the cards are cold

Don't go folding

Lady Luck is golden

She favors the bold, that's cold

Stop throwing stones

The night has a thousand saxophones

So get out there and rock

And roll the bones

Get busy

Edited by Permanent-Rush
  • Like 1

This might not be popular but I'm gonna go with Tom Sawyer. There's some cool riffs but too much synth and the lyrics are worse than the South Park parody.

I wouldn't say it was their worst, but I definitely agree with you about the lyrics...the first verse in particular is horrible.

Jack, relax

Get busy with the facts

No zodiacs or almanacs

Just the facts

You move around

It's action, reaction

Random interaction

So who's afraid

Of a little abstraction?

From the facts?

You better run, homeboy

A fact's a fact

From Nome to Rome, boy

What you're holding

If the cards are cold

Don't go folding

Lady Luck is golden

Stop throwing stones

And roll the bones

Get busy

• Like 1

Jack, relax

Get busy with the facts

No zodiacs or almanacs

Just the facts

You move around

It's action, reaction

Random interaction

So who's afraid

Of a little abstraction?

From the facts?

You better run, homeboy

A fact's a fact

From Nome to Rome, boy

What you're holding

If the cards are cold

Don't go folding

Lady Luck is golden

Stop throwing stones

And roll the bones

Get busy

http://youtu.be/L1QVjOFcUNM

Neil :heart:

Their worst song ever huh? That might be a bit of a stretch.

It is a stretch and I wouldn't say it's their worse, but it's one I always turn off when it comes on the radio

But being tired of hearing a great song doesn't make the song bad.

It's not a great song. It's not their worst..but it's not great by any means. Some of the music is good but the lyrics are crap and the synth makes me wish both ears had been damaged by firecrackers instead of just one

It is a stretch and I wouldn't say it's their worse, but it's one I always turn off when it comes on the radio

I'm pretty tired of hearing Back In Black all the time, but I'd never say that isn't among the greatest rock songs of all time.

Back in Black is a great song and one of their best

I'm pretty tired of hearing Back In Black all the time, but I'd never say that isn't among the greatest rock songs of all time.

I like some of the Johnson era stuff but I find Back in Black plodding and ponderous. Although I guess that's redundant; can something be one and not the other?

It's not a great song. It's not their worst..but it's not great by any means. Some of the music is good but the lyrics are crap and the synth makes me wish both ears had been damaged by firecrackers instead of just one

Your opinion.

It's highly unconventional.

Oh the good old, "This song is popular so it must be one of their worsts"

Are there huge MJ fans who happen to think Thriller isn't a good song?

I like some of the Johnson era stuff but I find Back in Black plodding and ponderous. Although I guess that's redundant; can something be one and not the other?

If they're able to do that, than they're uniquely special

If they're able to do that, than they're uniquely special

I don't like Back and Black (the song) that much it gets pretty old pretty fast tbh.

• Like 2

• Like 1

The thread is about their worst song. Can we agree then that your nomination of it was a bit of a stretch?

• Like 2

The thread is about their worst song. Can we agree then that your nomination of it was a bit of a stretch?

He voted for it as their worst song before he voted against it.

• Like 1

I think it just might have fallen prey to the "real fans don't like the popular songs," thing.

• Like 2

I think it just might have fallen prey to the "real fans don't like the popular songs," thing.

Probably, since I have yet to hear of an invasion of Boston Harbor.

Rivendell.

I think if I were to list my least favorite 5-10 Rush songs, every one of them, without exception, would be from their first three albums.

There are great songs on their first three albums, but also virtually all of their bad songs.

• Like 1

Maybe but I dont know any that say Thriller is his worst song ever released

I think it's mostly a rock thing. The key is the band has to be around for quite a while, and then break really big. The fans that were with them at the outset resent the new ones because they're Johnny Come Latelys in their minds. Oh, what, NOW you like them because of Limelight? The Fountain of Lamneth wasn't good enough for you?

• Like 2

I like the song, love the video.

I prefer Off The Wall, Bad, Dangerous and a couple of others over Thriller too

• Like 1