Best way to see Rush.

o baterista

indoor or outdoor?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. indoor or outdoor?

• Indoor
    • Outdoor

All the times I've seen them and I'm about 50/50, arenas vs. ampitheaters, and I think I like the outdoor venues better. There are pros and cons to both, and I've heard about the great sound at RCMH for example (never been sad.gif ), but for me, compareing all venues as a whole in each class, all thing being equal (including weather), the outdoor shows are just more fun, IMO. Something about the atmosphere, maybe it's talegating in the parking lot before the show, I don't know? Just like them better. biggrin.gif 2.gif

Despite adverse weather (rain, humidity, ugh!!), I still have to go with outdoors.

The "light show" that sometimes occurs - sunsets, clouds, night sky, moon, all just add to the ambience of the show.

Of course, I would never do lawn seats for a Rush show! Too far away from the boys, and too risky if it rained!!

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Dec 29 2004, 08:51 PM)
Indoors ...

I just can't get used to it being daylight when the show starts ... to me, when the lights go down ... the light should go down.

Leave the outdoor concerts for Buffett.

Thats very true, I did miss the way that The Spirit of Radio turned out on the VT tour as compared to the R30 tour. For VT, they way the lights played made the stage look twice as big, it doesnt really work when its daylight though as was the case for the last tour.

I agree Snowdog. Any way is a great way, as long as we are there, eh???? biggrin.gif I have only seen them indoors tho... And it still was a great show, I was floating for days afterwords. biggrin.gif wub.gif

I say LIVE! biggrin.gif For me I have seen them both indoors and out. My fondest memories have been outdoors though. Every tour except this year we have been way in the back indoors and in the lawn outdoors. I loved being out in the lawn with 20 to 30 of our friends sitting around partying out there! When your indoors you just cant do that. Nothing cooler than sitting there smoking and drinking with everyone. Screaming and jumping up and down, holding onto one another by the end of the show. Those memories are priceless!

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Dec 30 2004, 08:50 AM)
I'll take it anyway I can get it biggrin.gif but if I had to pick, I'd pick indoors.

Perfectly stated. I'll choose indoors over outdoors hands down. However, if I can get tickets to an outdoors show... I'm there. yes.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 30 2004, 05:55 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Dec 30 2004, 08:50 AM)
I'll take it anyway I can get it  biggrin.gif but if I had to pick, I'd pick indoors.

Perfectly stated. I'll choose indoors over outdoors hands down. However, if I can get tickets to an outdoors show... I'm there. yes.gif

The only time I've seen them outdoors was at Tampa on the R30 tour, at the end of June. Think with me, Tampa, middle of summer, with 100% Florida humidity. It was a great show and I'd do it again, but I'd prefer the A/C comfort of the Ice Palace as they did on the T4E and VT tours. KISS was scheduled to play the following night and cancelled because they played an outdoor show in West Palm the night before and Paul Stanley was suffering from heat exhaustion (or at least that's what they said). I can see the appeal of outdoor shows, and maybe in the fall or spring it would be great here in Florida. But please, no more outdoor shows in Florida in the middle of summer. But if they do have them, I'll still be there cool.gif

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 31 2004, 08:02 AM)
I've just had an amusing thought about Rush playing outdoor shows in Britain. They would have to do it in the Summer, due to out climate, which would limit them to about three days in July

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

It's not that bad, is it?

QUOTE (esmeralda @ Dec 31 2004, 01:11 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 31 2004, 08:02 AM)
I've just had an amusing thought about Rush playing outdoor shows in Britain.  They would have to do it in the Summer, due to out climate, which would limit them to about three days in July

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

It's not that bad, is it?

Round here you have to be careful. Nod off at the wrong time and you'll sleep through the summer