First Rush song you ever heard

NeilPeartFan2112

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TSOR was a minor hit over here (No. 13 in the UK, which the Irish chart largely follows), so that was the first song I heard and sparked my interest. I read Sounds magazine and Kerrang at the time, both of which regularly featured Rush and they seemed to be treated as a cut above your average 'metal' band.

Then, I bought a compilation CD on vinyl called "Living Legends", which had Overture/Temples from ATWAS on it, myself and my mate Brian listened to that and were blown away. Then I bought PeW, was blown away, went on to buy ATWAS and MP, which was just out at the time and that was pretty much that.

Now I have everything, most of them twice. (CD and vinyl or cassette).

A Passage to Bangkok. The live version from ESL remains one of my favorite Rush tracks. Too bad it never appeared on the video. Hopefully it will be added to the DVD.

That was so long ago......I think it was Working man or Fly by Night, I'm pretty sure it was Working man though.

First song heard was Anthem, I too wondered who was that woman singing

Anyway, bought Archives next day!

I walked into Mike Silva's room ,(across the street buddy) .."Ladies and gentleman! The proffessor on the drum kit!"l...in 1977 I believe...That is the 1st thing I ever heard from Geddy. Then I listened to the rest of ATWAS..I went to the record store to buy it, but they were out. Since Bastille Day was the greatest rocker ever 2.gif biggrin.gif ,,..I bought COS intead!!!

Ahhhhhhhhh.I remember it well...

It was Bastille Day. A mate of mine brought round this 45rpm single (remember those). It was Cloer to the Heart c/w bastille Day/Temples of Syrinx.

I loved the guitars at the end!!!!

To this day, I can't hear Bastille Day without thinking the next song is Temples...

First Rush song I heard would have to be Fly By Night. I heard it in the car on the way home from a church softball game when I was in 6th grade. Still love Geddy's voice. I don't see how anyone couldn't like it. It's so original.

Archived