I HATED that movie!

Jack Aubrey

OK, this is a thread for ranting and/or venting about the movies you can't stand. Whether it was a bad story, featured bad acting, didn't live up to your expectations, or just plain ol' sucked, tell us about it!

Caveat (that means "warning"): don't be offended if you see someone bagging on a movie you loved. Just bear in mind that not everyone has the same tastes as you do and it's nothing personal. You can defend movies in this thread if you want, just keep it civil.

Side note to Necro and Goober: please don't turn this into another of your (in)famous 'Star Wars' and 'LOTR' debates, you guys have other threads in which you've done that!

OK, I fraggin' loathed 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show'. I found it to be puerile, inane, and downright silly and I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. To be fair, I did like the "Time Warp" song, but that's about it. Also, the stuff the audience yells at the movie can be funny at times, but isn't really all that great.

Next?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DONNIE DARKO.

Seems like everyone I know loves that film, and I don't understand why. I tried to watch it and it put me to sleep. Twice! But I keep hearing about how great it is! Maybe I'm an idiot, or maybe I have some rare form of narcolepsy that is induced by cult moves. I just don't get it!

I don't see the big deal with "The Wall". There are some good moments, but I found it to be over-hyped and boring. The animation sequences, though kinda good, look very dated now.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 31 2007, 06:50 PM)
Napoleon Dynamite is highly overrated.

That one looked stupid. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 31 2007, 06:50 PM)
Napoleon Dynamite is highly overrated.

I completely agree!

Four Rooms was absolutely awful. We sat there expecting it to get good and, other than seeing a bunch of witch's tits, it never did. It was so bad the wife and I walked into another movie (Jean Claude van Damme's Sudden Death) and watched it. Surprisingly, JCvD's movie was better than Tarantino's.

The Astronaut's Wife with Johnny Depp and Charlize Theron was quite possibly the STUPIDEST movie I've ever sat through. I would have left, but my hubby loved it.

Dumb and Dumber is so full of fart and crap jokes and other crude, juvenile BS that I still don't understand why someone thought it was a good idea to make. I wanted to tear my hair out watching it. (I think the debate on this one is probably split down the middle between men and women. Go figure.)

That high school musical crap. Music is TERRIBLE...I don't understand how so much people in my generaion can get into this! Disney Channel is shoving all junk down people's throats. angry.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 31 2007, 07:18 PM)
Dumb and Dumber is so full of fart and crap jokes and other crude, juvenile BS that I still don't understand why someone thought it was a good idea to make. I wanted to tear my hair out watching it. (I think the debate on this one is probably split down the middle between men and women. Go figure.)

I think Dumb and Dumber is a classic! I never get tired of watching it! I laugh out loud every time I watch it! z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif rofl3.gif

Okay, I hate Superman Returns. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif I despise it. 062802puke_prv.gif Worst...supervillian plot...ever! There's just so much about it I can't stand. Ironically, Brandon Routh was the only good thing about it!

QUOTE (neil#2 @ Aug 31 2007, 07:36 PM)
That high school musical crap. Music is TERRIBLE...I don't understand how so much people in my generaion can get into this! Disney Channel is shoving all junk down people's throats. angry.gif

I thought this stuff was for 8-9 year olds! confused13.gif Does somebody have a gun to your head forcing you to watch the Disney Channel? sarcasm.gif Anyway, wait until you have your own kids, you may change your mind! laugh.gif

Armageddon, starring Bruce Willis, Ben (the doofus) Affleck, Billy Bob.

Quote "Worst movie ever"

That was 2 1/2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

Dreamcatcher, based on the Steven King novel, was a waste. Everybody walked out of the theatre shaking their heads.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 31 2007, 07:45 PM)
That high school musical crap.  Music is TERRIBLE...I don't understand how so much people in my generaion can get into this!  Disney Channel is shoving all junk down people's throats. angry.gif

I thought this stuff was for 8-9 year olds! confused13.gif Does somebody have a gun to your head forcing you to watch the Disney Channel? sarcasm.gif Anyway, wait until you have your own kids, you may change your mind! laugh.gif

Trust me I know a few people my age who like it...I mean people on myspace put up bulitons about the sequel.

QUOTE (neil#2 @ Aug 31 2007, 07:50 PM)
That high school musical crap.  Music is TERRIBLE...I don't understand how so much people in my generaion can get into this!  Disney Channel is shoving all junk down people's throats. angry.gif

Trust me I know a few people my age who like it...I mean people on myspace put up bulitons about the sequel.

There's no accounting for taste! laugh.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 31 2007, 06:47 PM)
Dreamcatcher, based on the Steven King novel, was a waste. Everybody walked out of the theatre shaking their heads.

That's the worst movie that I've ever seen in a theatre.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 31 2007, 07:47 PM)

Oh yeah! God-awful!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 31 2007, 07:21 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 31 2007, 07:47 PM)

Oh yeah! God-awful!

To be fair, the book was wretched too. Hard to make a good movie out of bad material.

That is one of the funniest movies ever.

QUOTE (neil#2 @ Aug 31 2007, 07:50 PM)

Yeah, but since when is Myspace (especially that god awful bulletin system) something you're supposed to take seriously?

Anyways, Without A Paddle. I usually like Matthew Lillard and Seth Green a lot (although Dax Shepherd [sp?] has never been any good), so I thought "hey... might be kinda good". Boy was I wrong. Only movie I've seen in a theater that was worse was Envy... I walked out of that one 1/3 of the way through.

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Aug 31 2007, 09:13 PM)

That is one of the funniest movies ever.

Yeah..........total classic!