other music you like besides rush

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YES, but i.m moody about them, zepplin, ted nugent, foghat, april wine, old REO Speedwagon, original black sabbath, older scorpions,cheap trick, moody blues, old aerosmith, SAMMY HAGGAR, the who, triumph, eric johnson, older satriani, older springsteen, kansas, older journey, older styx, etc...... and on and on and on...... and please don't call it classic rock, it's like calling coke; classic coke, it's still freakin coke!!!

You know, I was gonna post and say my other favorite bands are, Faith No More, King Crimson, Billy Idol, etc,

BUT, to be totally honest, I copied all my Rush discs into my computer, and now have a jukebox program that picks randomly from the entire Rush collection, and I have to tell ya, It don't ever get old, and it's all I listen to now. I mean it. Only Rush now! And I got spendy and bought some real good wireless headphones, connected to the computer. Now I can walk a good way down the street with these on. Rush goes everywhere with me now. I am building a Home Theater and now instead of wearing hearing protection, I wear my headphones that stop the outside sound! I can go outside, cut some wood on the table saw, bring it back in, etc, etc, the whole time Rush jukebox right there with me!

CAN'T STOP !!!!! 2.gif

Hey I like the Billy Idol stuff you probably never heard, from Whiplash Smile, songs they NEVER played on the radio or MTV... No, I don't sit around listening to Rebel Yell, but even if I did, gimmie a break, eh?

To each his own. cool10.gif

Did I mention all I listen to now is Rush? Oh yeah, I did.

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Feb 17 2006, 09:01 AM)
You know, I was gonna post and say my other favorite bands are, Faith No More, King Crimson, Billy Idol, etc,

BUT, to be totally honest, I copied all my Rush discs into my computer, and now have a jukebox program that picks randomly from the entire Rush collection, and I have to tell ya, It don't ever get old, and it's all I listen to now. I mean it. Only Rush now! And I got spendy and bought some real good wireless headphones, connected to the computer. Now I can walk a good way down the street with these on. Rush goes everywhere with me now. I am building a Home Theater and now instead of wearing hearing protection, I wear my headphones that stop the outside sound! I can go outside, cut some wood on the table saw, bring it back in, etc, etc, the whole time Rush jukebox right there with me!

CAN'T STOP !!!!! 2.gif

way to go dude !!!!!!! i've got a 30 gig mp3 player that i can wire into my car all Rush's albums on it (& then some ),shuffle is a joy 1022.gif at home ,in the car,at work,out running,on holiday...........etc.

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Feb 17 2006, 03:01 AM)

Funny you mention Faith No More. A guy I work with has been yapping about a band called "Coheed and Cambria" lately. I gave them a listen, and their singer sounds like Rush + Faith No More.

QUOTE (King Rygar @ Feb 17 2006, 05:21 AM)
Hey I like the Billy Idol stuff you probably never heard, from Whiplash Smile, songs they NEVER played on the radio or MTV... No, I don't sit around listening to Rebel Yell, but even if I did, gimmie a break, eh?

To each his own.  cool10.gif

Did I mention all I listen to now is Rush? Oh yeah, I did.

I do listen to Rebel Yell. No shame in that. no.gif I'm also a fan of the Police, Metallica, Evanescence, Audioslave, Chevelle, the Cure, Neil Young, Rammstein, Sarah McLachlan ::dodges rotten tomatoes::, Tom Petty (and the Heartbreakers), Uncle Tupelo, Wilco, and the Scorpions.

Jan Akkerman

Andromeda

Arena

Ark

Attention Deficit

Ayreon

Jeff Beck

Adrian Belew

Brand X

Bozzio/Levin/Stevens

Bill Bruford

Camel

Caravan

Chroma Key

Deep Purple

Dream Theater

Echolyn

Enchant

ELP

Fates Warning

Flower Kings

Robert Fripp

Genesis

Jethro Tull

King Crimson

King's X

Magellan

Marillion

Pain Of Salvation

Pink Floyd

Porcupine Tree

Primus

Radiohead

Joe Satriani

Derek Sherinian

Sigur Ros

Soft Machine

Spock's Beard

Tangerine Dream

Tool

Transatlantic

Van Der Graaf Generator

Yes

Frank Zappa

And many more ...

QUOTE (King_Lerxst @ Feb 20 2006, 09:33 PM)
Jan Akkerman
Andromeda
Arena
Ark
Attention Deficit
Ayreon
Jeff Beck
Adrian Belew
Brand X
Bozzio/Levin/Stevens
Bill Bruford
Camel
Caravan
Chroma Key
Deep Purple
Dream Theater
Echolyn
Enchant
ELP
Fates Warning
Flower Kings
Robert Fripp
Genesis
Jethro Tull
King Crimson
King's X
Magellan
Marillion
Pain Of Salvation
Pink Floyd
Porcupine Tree
Primus
Radiohead
Joe Satriani
Derek Sherinian
Sigur Ros
Soft Machine
Spock's Beard
Tangerine Dream
Tool
Transatlantic
Van Der Graaf Generator
Yes
Frank Zappa

And many more ...

That's a short list... b_sigh.gif

Vastly updated and reshuffled, cutting out all the exterraneous classic rock bands (Zeppelin, Sabbath, etc) that I haven't listened to in a year or so:

Rush

The Who

Nine Inch Nails

Kate Bush

David Bowie

Radiohead

Smashing Pumpkins

The Beatles

Bob Dylan

The Mars Volta

Arcade Fire

Depeche Mode

Guns N' Roses

Beastie Boys

Flaming Lips

Beck

Johnny Cash

The Rolling Stones

The White Stripes

The Smiths/Morrissey

Genesis (mainly Gabriel era, but I have learned to find value in the Collins era)

The Police

Nirvana

XTC

Elvis Costello

Many, many others

QUOTE (Scheamer Dreamer @ Mar 1 2006, 09:05 AM)
If you like Kansas, give the new, or dare I say old Proto-kaw a try. Kerry Livgren is up to some great riffs backed by his thoughful lyrics.

I figured your username was a reference to Steve Walsh's solo album. wink.gif

What a great question! I had to stop and think for a long time as to what other bands I actually enjoy. Rush seems to have cornered Rush fans in with a superior product. I recall running into Rich Williams guitarist for Kansas, and all I could think to ask him was, what do you think of Rush? Kansas was my favorite band at the time. Thats when I knew Rush was my new favorite band and has been ever since.

Archived