Myself playing Hope

Nice video, and I'm going to offer some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Dynamics brother. The whole point is kind of hidden, since every note is at a fortissimo. You appear to be strumming all six strings at the same time. Although your fingering is decent, you need to work on the clarity of tone. Some of the very important notes, I cannot hear because the first three strings are so loud. They are not being played at all times.

I would recommend watching it live a few times, and watch Alex. His strumming and dynamic changes alot, which is what makes the song beautiful.

It takes a bit of work to change it from notes to a song, but you got in you man.

Keep practicing, and Rush on!

QUOTE (LerxstFerret @ Aug 28 2007, 06:47 PM)

Dynamics brother. The whole point is kind of hidden, since every note is at a fortissimo. You appear to be strumming all six strings at the same time. Although your fingering is decent, you need to work on the clarity of tone. Some of the very important notes, I cannot hear because the first three strings are so loud. They are not being played at all times.

I would recommend watching it live a few times, and watch Alex. His strumming and dynamic changes alot, which is what makes the song beautiful.

It takes a bit of work to change it from notes to a song, but you got in you man.

trink39.gif Hey, thanks for the pointers. It's still a work in progress so i appreciate all the help i can get. I'll work on what you said.

thanks atickhum.gif

QUOTE (syrinxpriest 2112 @ Aug 28 2007, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE (LerxstFerret @ Aug 28 2007, 06:47 PM)

trink39.gif Hey, thanks for the pointers. It's still a work in progress so i appreciate all the help i can get. I'll work on what you said.

thanks atickhum.gif

No problem, and nice hair dude!

trink39.gif

You make me want to get a tan.