Anyone Have "Contents Under Pressure" yet?

Snowdog

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 31 2004, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Aug 31 2004, 08:13 PM)
Got it autographed by Marty Popoff himself, at Rushcon...

Sorry.

Give me a rundown on the book Barney.

Haven't read a single word, but flipped through it.

Pictures on every page, chapters of every single album all the way up to the 30th anniversary. Looks pretty cool.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Aug 31 2004, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 31 2004, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Aug 31 2004, 08:13 PM)
Got it autographed by Marty Popoff himself, at Rushcon...

Sorry.

Give me a rundown on the book Barney.

Haven't read a single word, but flipped through it.

Pictures on every page, chapters of every single album all the way up to the 30th anniversary. Looks pretty cool.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Thanks Barney!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 31 2004, 09:38 PM)
I'm planning on hunting for it on my day off thursday...also gonna look for Neil's new book as well...if it's anything like Ghost Rider it should be an excellent read....

Nope - not written by Neil, so it will be nothing like Ghost Rider. Or did you mean Neil's new book?

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 1 2004, 01:22 AM)
yeah I meant Neil's new one call Travelling Music...goes another road trip and writes about the music he listens to along the way

T4V, I finished it last week. It's a good read. Whereas GR focused more on his tragedies, this one is more wide in scope. He discusses things from his youth, young adulthood, and comtemporary stuff, and how the music he listened to effected him.

Pick it up. I enjoyed it more than GR.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 1 2004, 09:02 PM)
I ordered from Amazon and they say it won't ship until October?? sad.gif

RR, check Books A Million (bamm.com). It's in and out, I guess cause as soon as they come in us freaks order them all! Every so often, bamm.com will say "ships in 3-5 days". Then, if you check back two or three days later it says something like "5-6 weeks". If you check day to day, you can get lucky, I did.

i went to Martin's website and bought the book directly rom him (and got a copy for a friend)

he signed both copies for me too!!

i haven't had a chance to rea it yet, i want to finish TM before i get into CUP......

click here

a link to martin's site...

so far, i have thoroughly enjoyed Traveling music.... it started a music swap (on another board) and it has also sparked a renewed interest in writing myself!!!!

i found a soft cover copy of TM @ Barnes & Noble.... applaudit.gif

Got it today. For those that are wondering, it's a book in which the boys discuss the bands catalog album by album. including the live discs with a short ending chapter on the R30 tour. I've read through 2112 and personally I've liked it very much.

Thanx 4 the info Snowdog! I ordered it today and should be on my doorstep early next week...picked up Contents today.....didn't start reading it yet but gave it a look thru and it looks very cool...nice pix and a chapter by chapter on every album and tour....gonna start reading it tonite....

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 2 2004, 10:57 PM)
Thanx 4 the info Snowdog! I ordered it today and should be on my doorstep early next week...picked up Contents today.....didn't start reading it yet but gave it a look thru and it looks very cool...nice pix and a chapter by chapter on every album and tour....gonna start reading it tonite....

Both are very enjoyable, especially as a fan yes.gif . Man, look at the production we've got from this band this year common001.gif ! Will we ever see another year like this? no.gif probably not sad.gif

I got Contents Under Pressure last night at Barnes & Noble...looks pretty good, esp. with all the pictures in it. I just LOVE pictures! smile.gif

I have to say I like being greeted in this fashion in the introduction:

"Greetings, O Prog Rock Heads of Discerning Taste...." ~M. Popoff

biggrin.gif

Just getting into the reading, but seems a very worthwhile purchase.

I really enjoyed the book a lot. There are so many neat anecdotes from the guys, and you get an idea of what life on the road was like for them. There's some personal information in there that I was a bit surprised to read, but nothing "shocking" or anything like that.

The photos alone, though, are more than worth the price of the book - especially for us girls who happen to have a bit of the lust bug for one or more of the guys smile.gif

Got mine from Amazon a few days ago... The writing style is fun. Popoff loves to play with words, and he can be quite humorous. So, of course, can the guys!

Tom Rush? Playing the plumbing? Mr. Ed? rofl3.gif

The pictures are great, but I would have liked more text.

Archived