Fat Albert Review

Snowdog

Took the kiddies to see Fat Albert yesterday and I just wanted to tell everyone I thought it was a fantastic movie, especially for the kids. With this movie, Bill Cosby put action to his recent calls for social responsibility amongst people of all races. He has crafted a story in which the gang you all are familiar with (save Russell) present a postive example for all to follow. These young men display manners, chivalry and a desire to do what is right throughout the entire movie. Any nary a curse word to be found. There is nothing in this film that you'll need to cover up the kiddies eyes or ears for and it is still a very entertaining movie. It was refreshing to see a movie where young men who behave responsibly and show courtesy and respect to others were not mocked. And yet, they were not made out to be heroes either, just normal folks doing the right thing.

Well done Mr. Cosby, well done. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Dec 27 2004, 11:49 PM)
Movie looks dumb to me. Never a big fan of the cartoon, and the movie looks even worse. I don't know why, but it's always just seemed to idiotic to me. Perhaps I am one messed up person. wacko.gif confused13.gif

Hey Hey Hey, don't don't don't worry worry worry about about about it it it!

I personally loved the cartoon, it was one of my favs. Can't remember why, could have been that I grew up in an inner city environment and sort of identified with some of it, but it was probably more becuase I just thought it was funny. In fact, I am sure that is what it was LOL!!!!

SB, ... did you really care about merchandising in cartoons as a kid? wacko.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Dec 28 2004, 08:10 AM)
Movie looks dumb to me.  Never a big fan of the cartoon, and the movie looks even worse.  I don't know why, but it's always just seemed to idiotic to me.  Perhaps I am one messed up person.  wacko.gif  confused13.gif

I personally loved the cartoon, it was one of my favs. Can't remember why, could have been that I grew up in an inner city environment and sort of identified with some of it, but it was probably more becuase I just thought it was funny. In fact, I am sure that is what it was LOL!!!!

SB, ... did you really care about merchandising in cartoons as a kid? wacko.gif biggrin.gif

It's kinda one of those retrospective thoughts, to give the impression that I was a conscious child back in the day. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Dec 28 2004, 08:14 AM)
QUOTE (ES-335 @ Dec 28 2004, 08:10 AM)
Movie looks dumb to me.  Never a big fan of the cartoon, and the movie looks even worse.  I don't know why, but it's always just seemed to idiotic to me.  Perhaps I am one messed up person.  wacko.gif  confused13.gif

It's kinda one of those retrospective thoughts, to give the impression that I was a conscious child back in the day. laugh.gif

biggrin.gif