The Official "Resident Evil" Thread

syrinxpriest 2112

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 17 2008, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (arctangent @ Jun 17 2008, 07:14 AM)
played 1, 2 and 3 and finished them... eventually. 4 has got me stuck crossing a chasm via 3 cages. a creature keeps jumping down and attacking and once you find the way to unlock the door to the next compartment you only have 30 seconds to get there, whilst being attacked by said creature. its so hard it makes me want to weep... i just can't do it fists crying.gif

great games though.

Don't give up, that part's not as hard as it seems. You can't kill the monster during that part so just pump some shotgun shells into him and dodge his attack and he'll leave you alone for a few seconds. Don't waste too much ammo during there because you'll have to fight him head on after you get out of the cages. And when you get to that part, the red barrel is your friend.

thanks for that owl. i haven't had a go in a while but i shall go back to the game and i shall keep plugging away!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (arctangent @ Jun 19 2008, 02:46 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 17 2008, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (arctangent @ Jun 17 2008, 07:14 AM)
played 1, 2 and 3 and finished them... eventually. 4 has got me stuck crossing a chasm via 3 cages. a creature keeps jumping down and attacking and once you find the way to unlock the door to the next compartment you only have 30 seconds to get there, whilst being attacked by said creature. its so hard it makes me want to weep... i just can't do it fists crying.gif

great games though.

Don't give up, that part's not as hard as it seems. You can't kill the monster during that part so just pump some shotgun shells into him and dodge his attack and he'll leave you alone for a few seconds. Don't waste too much ammo during there because you'll have to fight him head on after you get out of the cages. And when you get to that part, the red barrel is your friend.

thanks for that owl. i haven't had a go in a while but i shall go back to the game and i shall keep plugging away!

Once you beat seperate ways, you get the oppertunity to buy the Chiago Typewriter.

It makes the game so easy....and Fun. Its like having god mode turned on....that's how good this gun is.

Oh, and the infinate rocket launcher is a great have as well!

QUOTE (arctangent @ Jun 17 2008, 08:14 AM)

great games though.

Just use minimum shotgun blasts on him until you make it out of the cage. Once you're at part two of the fight, lock him in the tunnel section and pump his head full of broken butterfly slugs (around three or five, depending on how tuned up your magnum is). After he's destroyed the bar doors, just blow up the barrel with him in close range, and he'll go down.

I don't really have a problem with it now, but as soon as I saw the first trailer I knew people would have an issue with it. It is kinda funny though. I hope you play as a black guy in the next one and it's set in a trailer park.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 3 2008, 01:37 PM)
I don't really have a problem with it now, but as soon as I saw the first trailer I knew people would have an issue with it. It is kinda funny though. I hope you play as a black guy in the next one and it's set in a trailer park.

the T-Virus in Knoxville Tennessee biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 3 2008, 04:27 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 3 2008, 01:37 PM)

the T-Virus in Knoxville Tennessee biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Yeah, I hear it spills into the Bud Light.

RE degeneration was great!!!!!!!!!!

And I cannot wait for RE5, and by the way.......... this was a brief still from a recent re5 trailer......

WHAT THE f**k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (look down)

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh241/the_owl2112/One%20time%20photos%20for%20posts/Jill_Grave.jpg

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 13 2009, 11:10 PM)

And I cannot wait for RE5, and by the way.......... this was a brief still from a recent re5 trailer......

WHAT THE f**k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (look down)

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh241/the_owl2112/One%20time%20photos%20for%20posts/Jill_Grave.jpg

I know, I crapped cows!

Hopefully she'll come back, and i will just be another mystery in the series. Besides, who's going to pick all those locks?

QUOTE (syrinxpriest 2112 @ Jan 19 2009, 01:16 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 13 2009, 11:10 PM)

And I cannot wait for RE5, and by the way..........  this was a brief still from a recent re5 trailer......

WHAT THE f**k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (look down)

I know, I crapped cows!

Hopefully she'll come back, and i will just be another mystery in the series. Besides, who's going to pick all those locks?

It's legit...................... sad.gif

One of the creators did an interview with IGN.........said that it will be explained midway through the game.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Aug 27 2007, 10:13 PM)
QUOTE (syrinxpriest 2112 @ Aug 27 2007, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Aug 27 2007, 06:54 PM)
The games are great (for the most part), and the movies are shit... I loved RE1, 2, and 3 (REmake for gamecube is the best), and the "Survivor" spin off games are kind of fun. RE0 was okay, worth a playthrough... although I felt the team of two characters system didn't really work well, at least not with RE.

RE4 is a different story... it's a fun game, don't get me wrong. Great controls, graphics, etc... but the story? Give me a f***ing break. That's the reason RE and Silent Hill are the best survival horror games... because they make every aspect great, and somehow still manage to pump out a great storyline. But RE4 was... just wtf. Barely involved Umbrella, they weren't even zombies, gah... it was just a damn trainwreck. The game should've been called "Secret agent guy saves the president's generic dumb blonde daughter"

Oh, and the genre was a disappointment... it wasn't survival horror, it was a shoot 'em up. No ammo conservation, minimum creepiness, every single boss ended up being some huge insect looking thing, etc.

I liked the game, but it just... wasn't RE.

Sorry for the long wind, I feel pretty strongly on that subject smile.gif

yes.gif I hear ya on the remake for gamecube.

RE4 is a great game, but yes, the story was a little....well.... cool10.gif if ya know what i mean.

From what i hear, RE5 should have alot more on ammo conservation(let's just hope it's not as bad as code veronica!). I belive there isn't a HUD in RE5 either.

Yeah, RE5 looks a bit more promising... the part about it being in Kenya (I think that's the locale...) is very interesting. And from what I know, it's actually back to zombies... instead of angry hispanic men with a bad stomach virus.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jan 27 2009, 04:34 PM)
The RE5 demo is very underwhelming, honestly. It's RE 4.5.

I enjoyed the fact that they got rd of the Dyson Sphere, erm...attache case, but hopefully the full version will be better.

Not that the demo was bad, that hammer guy was f***ing creepy. The enemies are A LOT smarter as well.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jan 27 2009, 07:30 PM)
It comes out in March, I don't think much, if any, of the core gameplay will be changed. I just wanna be able to walk and shoot at the same time, FFS! It feels tired to me.

Resident Evil is still at its core a Survival Horror game, not a FPS or a TPS.....

the point of not allowing you to shoot and run at the same time is made like that on purpose.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 28 2009, 12:25 AM)
It comes out in March, I don't think much, if any, of the core gameplay will be changed. I just wanna be able to walk and shoot at the same time, FFS! It feels tired to me.

Resident Evil is still at its core a Survival Horror game, not a FPS or a TPS.....

the point of not allowing you to shoot and run at the same time is made like that on purpose.

There was nothing survival horror about 4, it was action, and 5 is even more so. I'm not buying some super bad ass agent can't walk and shoot at least a little bit. This worked four years ago when it was fresh. Not so much now.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jan 28 2009, 12:55 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jan 28 2009, 12:25 AM)

There was nothing survival horror about 4, it was action, and 5 is even more so. I'm not buying some super bad ass agent can't walk and shoot at least a little bit. This worked four years ago when it was fresh. Not so much now.

There's an interview with one of the creators of RE4 and 5 over on IGN (Ill try and find it later) he explained that they left the inability to move and shoot out of the game on purpose.........

Although the perspective of the game was different in re4...they wanted to keep the aspect of the survival horror in the game.......thats why you can't move and shoot.

Regardless of my opinion on the controls, I'm really not trying to be too hard on this game. I do love RE and like the demo, it just feels a little too dated to be next gen. I know it adds to the tension, but I think more of a Dead Space approach would've worked better with the swarms of enemies in this game.

f**k it, I'm buying it anyway /fanboy laugh.gif

Sweet! I hope that's true. I've been purposely avoiding too much info about it because I am stoked for it, even if I am a little disappointed now.

I love the splitscreen co-op. Props to Capcom for that. It seems like every game company forgets that we have actual friends that like to play games together in the same room. laugh.gif

With this and Street Fighter IV, Capcom is runnin it in 09.

Spent a couple of hours last night playing coop with a buddy. Lots of fun and plenty of action, though i do prefer less of an "action game" for more of a "suspenseful" game with more of a dreadful feel. Controls felt a little "clunky", but I guess this holds true for the series. No doubt, I'll be picking this up on 3-13-09 and "calling in dead" from work!!! (provided the date does not get pushed back).

QUOTE (arctangent @ Jun 17 2008, 06:14 AM)

great games though.

I suggest the stryker as a good defense weapon for the battle with IT. And running really friggin fast. don't actually attack him, just get out of there, then kill him in the final confrontation.

Archived