Signals

Analogkid1123

Signals its a landmark in the Galaxy, its where they got serious about music.

The Spirit of Radio is the best song ever made by human kind though.

Fixed that for you.

;)

I absolutely love what RUSH accomplished during the 70s - my favorite era .... but SIGNALS is still very good, and I enjoy it a lot - RUSH still had a mystique and aura about them on that album ... I think the parting of ways with Terry Brown is something that isn't recognized enough, as subsequent albums seemed to lack that something intangible ..

Really like "Losing It" and "Countdown"

Hey, I just ordered a Japanese SHM CD of SIGNALS on eBay - that's my stamp of approval !!!

:)

I have that, and you will love it. Truly remarkable sound. Signals is a fantastic album :rush:

Signals is magnificent. :madra:

Peak Rush.......and the slow steady slide would commence post Signals. All leading to......sigh.......CA.

Mick

Which is actually a better album than Signals. I don't think it's that close.

• Like 1

Peak Rush.......and the slow steady slide would commence post Signals. All leading to......sigh.......CA.

Mick

Not to me but you all know that, lol

Mick

An overrated album with only a few great songs, and the beginning of a 4 album slide.

p/g is better than Signals. The next three were pretty precipitously downhill though.

• Like 1

Mick

man, CA is like a damn candlebox record next to signals.

Mick

Agreed...so much better than Signals.

Mick

I forgot about your obsession with 90s fratboy music. you probably like the soundtrack to biodome more than signals...there's no reasoning with you!

• Like 1

Bought Signals new back in the day and absoutely loved it with only Digital Man taking awhile to get into.My mates were into everything from Ramones to Ted Nugent and they couldn't 'get' Moving Pictures let alone Signals or any Rush lp.Stuff em,i played Signals to death and still do.I can still play that album from start to finish.Countdown is brilliant.

Haven't we done this a million times?

I remember buying "Signals" on the day of it's release.

I played it once and I fuckking HATED IT!

I almost cried. WHERE IS THE GUITAR????

Well it took a whole spring and summer to fall in love with it.

I love every song. This is a perfect album.

Ask me this question back in 1982?

I would say it was a piece of shit.

Mick

I forgot about your obsession with 90s fratboy music. you probably like the soundtrack to biodome more than signals...there's no reasoning with you!

I like rock and roll and guitars, regardless of when the music was released. The Singles soundtrack is about 20 times better than Signals, but I don't recall Biodome's soundtrack. I just looked it up and it looks like a bunch of band's I've never heard. Stuck in the Middle With You and We Care a Lot are strong tracks, though.

Mick

I like rock and roll and guitars, regardless of when the music was released. The Singles soundtrack is about 20 times better than Signals, but I don't recall Biodome's soundtrack. I just looked it up and it looks like a bunch of band's I've never heard. Stuck in the Middle With You and We Care a Lot are strong tracks, though.

you're not a real rock band unless you were on MTV in 1994 and went platinum fifteen times - LedRush

Haven't we done this a million times?

I remember buying "Signals" on the day of it's release.

I played it once and I fuckking HATED IT!

I almost cried. WHERE IS THE GUITAR????

Well it took a whole spring and summer to fall in love with it.

I love every song. This is a perfect album.

Ask me this question back in 1982?

I would say it was a piece of shit.

yeah, someone does this thread once a week. it's a rush website, most folks are gonna say they like it. there is a small but vocal minority that prefers hootie and the blowfish though...

hootie and the blowfish?? :eh:

That has to be the shakiest of all shaky dichotomies. Made me chuckle though.

• Like 1

Mick

you're not a real rock band unless you were on MTV in 1994 and went platinum fifteen times - LedRush

Signals had more videos on MTV than the songs I mention in my post, which were largely unknown tracks from underground bands at the time.

I'll vote overrated. I typically listen to half the album (1,2,6,7).

Wow, you and I skip the same songs in the middle. But I like Countdown.

Edited by Xanadu

Mick

Signals had more videos on MTV than the songs I mention in my post, which were largely unknown tracks from underground bands at the time.

Did they have a video on MTV for The Weapon?

I never hated this album...but it was never one I reached for in a pinch... To me it felt like that they wanted to get something out, and didn't give the songs enough time to develop.

Subdivisions lost all intrigue once I realized it was about dumb neighborhoods...One of my friends thought he was the "cat's ass" once he figured out the keyboard part.... :facepalm:

I never hated this album...but it was never one I reached for in a pinch... To me it felt like that they wanted to get something out, and didn't give the songs enough time to develop.

Subdivisions lost all intrigue once I realized it was about dumb neighborhoods...One of my friends thought he was the "cat's ass" once he figured out the keyboard part.... :facepalm:

I would think I was the "cat's ass" if I could figure out the keyboard part to Subdivisions too. :laughing guy:

• Like 2