Signals

Analogkid1123

Its actually one of my least favourite. I was brought up with the heavier '70s stuff, and at that time, being an impressionable teenager, I hated all the synthy crap that was being brought out commercially by other bands. So when 2.gif placed more emphasis on synths I became less interested. Its stuck I'm afraid. I find it one of their least heavy albums.

I'm a big fan of Signals. Subdivisions, The Analog Kid, and Digital Man are my favorites. Edited by Super25Smasher

Funny, I was just thinking how many good songs are on Signals. It Just doesn't get my blood boiling like No One at the Bridge. Something about the Synth era...although Signals is a good album.

It's a great album. When it was released it was a bit of a change, but over time it's really held up well. I love the drum sound in particular on this album.
  • Like 1

I absolutely love what RUSH accomplished during the 70s - my favorite era .... but SIGNALS is still very good, and I enjoy it a lot - RUSH still had a mystique and aura about them on that album ... I think the parting of ways with Terry Brown is something that isn't recognized enough, as subsequent albums seemed to lack that something intangible ..

Really like "Losing It" and "Countdown"

Hey, I just ordered a Japanese SHM CD of SIGNALS on eBay - that's my stamp of approval !!!

:)

• Like 1

Signals was the first studio album after I became a fan. I love it . Even to this day. I can imagine it was a let down people who were fans from day one or at least since the epics . But to me it was the perfect album at the perfect moment. I was even a little taken aback expecting a more guitar oriented sound . But after listening to side one I was sold. It was also my first rock concert also .

Listening to Signals never gets old. I came late to the party as a Rush fan(late 80's), but Signals (with PeW) still stands on top of the Rush catalog for me.

Signals is my least favourite of all the classic Rush albums.

Which is my way of saying, one of the best albums in my collection.

depending on my mood, I sometimes prefer Power Windows over Signals.

• Like 1

depending on my mood, I sometimes prefer Power Windows over Signals.

For me, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire and Presto are all far superior to Signals. By a wide margin. I really think that any decline after Moving Pictures lasted one album, then they regained their balance and stayed on top until Roll The Bones. And Signals is a brilliant album, with two of my very favourite Rush songs Losing It and Countdown.