OMG...U2 Fans look....

launchpad67a

For christmas I recieved a limited edition box cd/dvd of 'HTDAAB', How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb'.

My friend Steve Heaney works at HQ, a popular recording studio. Sent me a package with serial # B00004, meaning the 4th one made! Sweet!

I am a huge colector of original' stuff, from any band. This is a real treat!!

The 4th cd/dvd made.............nice..............!!! He was the 'assistant mixer' on this record.

Another one for the collection...totaling 12 to date. Rare and priceless! biggrin.gif

Ya know it's kinda funny I made this thread because I was so excited to get a collectors edition copy BUT I just listened to it and I really don't like it.

Funny huh?!?!

QUOTE (BSG @ Dec 26 2004, 01:20 AM)
Hmm................ mine says "# B00004" also. I wonder if it is a mis-print? confused13.gif

Kidding.

that was bad bsg .... laugh.gif

As a marginal U2 fan at best, I have not purchased any of their albums since the 80s. Although I have heard most of it through friends. So, this one was released and all my friends are raving about it ... I almost went out and got it, but didn't. I still may catch their show next year. smile.gif

Sorry Michelle, I know how much you love them.

I just recently got back into U2. Like many of their fans, I stopped listening after they got away from the guitar-driven power anthems of their early period.

But, I really love a lot of the songs on their new album. There are some which I am less enthused about, but Vertigo, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't..., and City Of Blinding Lights are just as good as ANYTHING they've ever done, IMO.

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Dec 27 2004, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Dec 27 2004, 11:44 AM)
and would someone please tell Bono how to count to 4 in Spanish!!!

He can count ? confused13.gif

Not in spanish, well he can count to three, then he jumps to 14.

I DO like this album. It's not my favorite, but it's still good. "Miracle Drug" is very special to me, as is "Sometimes You Can't Make It..."

No apologies needed, Lee wink.gif -- at least we both like Yes and Rush.

Just my humble 2 cents. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 27 2004, 05:01 PM)
I DO like this album. It's not my favorite, but it's still good. "Miracle Drug" is very special to me, as is "Sometimes You Can't Make It..."

No apologies needed, Lee wink.gif -- at least we both like Yes and Rush.

Just my humble 2 cents. biggrin.gif

Who WUZ that spectral figure dashing through here? Looked sorta familiar..... wink.gif

Archived