The "O" Factor

Tortoise and Hare

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 23 2007, 02:29 PM)
I'm not offended. I don't think there is anything wrong by your question Tortoise. Some bands are generally thought of as good make-out bands like Led Zep who I swear wrote songs to get into women's pants. laugh.gif

Yes they did, and honestly, in his heyday, what woman WOULDN'T want Robert Plant in her pants??? z7shysterical.gif laugh.gif

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG- this is hysterical rofl3.gif

My vote goes to "For the Love of God" by Steve Vai - I have to stop everything and listen when that song is on wub.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 23 2007, 01:34 PM)
I'm not offended. I don't think there is anything wrong by your question Tortoise.  Some bands are generally thought of as good make-out bands like Led Zep who I swear wrote songs to get into women's pants. laugh.gif

Yes they did, and honestly, in his heyday, what woman WOULDN'T want Robert Plant in her pants??? z7shysterical.gif laugh.gif

I'm more of a Jimmy Page kinda gal. wub.gif

His guitar solos make me wanna... ahem... nevermind. wink.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 23 2007, 01:52 PM)
I'm not offended. I don't think there is anything wrong by your question Tortoise.  Some bands are generally thought of as good make-out bands like Led Zep who I swear wrote songs to get into women's pants. laugh.gif

tongue.gif I went through a Pagey Stagey laugh.gif and ohhhh the mytery. I loved "I'm with the Band" trink36.gif

You guys are GREAT!!! I guess I was a bit surprised by Tortoise's post. My first thought, as a teacher, was, "Oh sh*t my students hang out on this Forum- - I'm gonna get eatin' alive!!!". But, oh well, if they're old enough to read on the internet, they've probably read worse!

Secondly, I've made some really neat friends here. I care about and respect you all and I didn't want anyone thinking Tortoise was just "fishing" like some guys do. If he had brought up the question in "Random Samples" for everyone I think it would've been OK. But I felt weird that he had targeted the women's forum specifically. I told him to compare what he did with a man going into a girl's room and asking the women to identify their favorite brand of tampon! A woman could do it - - no problem. But a man on our turf?!?

And the bottom line is that the sweetie really wanted your opinions because he wanted to surprise me with a "loaded" disc that he was going to burn based upon your suggestions. Awwwwww wub.gif

So he's not in trouble or anything. . . and I have an even higher opinion of you all for being so understanding! Thanks!

And considering that everyone wants to play . . . Let's hear your suggestions!!!

I wholeheartedly agree with the LedZep sensuality factor! They began the new era!

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Aug 23 2007, 02:17 PM)

tongue.gif I went through a Pagey Stagey laugh.gif and ohhhh the mytery. I loved "I'm with the Band" trink36.gif

I'm reading that right now! I'm having the most amazing dreams staring me and 60's rock stars! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Analog Kelly @ Aug 23 2007, 02:50 PM)
My vote goes to "For the Love of God" by Steve Vai - I have to stop everything and listen when that song is on wub.gif

laugh.gif This is how Tortoise figured this whole thing out. When certain sections of certain songs come on, I stop EVERYTHING and devote my full attention to the music!

Other than my favorite 2.gif songs, I love the choruses in Damn Yankees', "High Enough", and Def Leppard's "Love Bites".

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 23 2007, 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (Analog Kelly @ Aug 23 2007, 02:50 PM)
My vote goes to "For the Love of God" by Steve Vai - I have to stop everything and listen when that song is on  wub.gif

laugh.gif This is how Tortoise figured this whole thing out. When certain sections of certain songs come on, I stop EVERYTHING and devote my full attention to the music!

Other than my favorite 2.gif songs, I love the choruses in Damn Yankees', "High Enough", and Def Leppard's "Love Bites".

Hare biggrin.gif

Ohhh I get it now. tongue.gif See how my mind works! I thought it went way beyond just naming a song. rofl3.gif I go straight to descriptive. Then I prove again I am a demented dork pokey.gif blush4.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 23 2007, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Aug 23 2007, 02:17 PM)

I'm reading that right now! I'm having the most amazing dreams staring me and 60's rock stars! biggrin.gif

Dude I have 2 copies of that book and was a slave to the idea of the groupie. tongue.gif

Before I got married, for years I was known as Miss April laugh.gif rather than the current Lady April.

I love that book!

I can't believe she knew Jim Morrison before he was famous. That's something. To have known Jim before all the fame and drugs and stuff went to his head. That must have been something.

bekloppt.gif 2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):

Tortoise and Hare, Lady April

Jim Morrison . . . Now he was sex appeal personified!!!! wub.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 23 2007, 08:50 PM)

Hare biggrin.gif

bekloppt.gif 2.gif wub.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Yes he was.

But, he really didn't want that. All he wanted was for people to like his poetry. It's the way the manager marketed the band that made him the sex GOD that everyone saw him as. I would loved to have known him, before all of that got to him. In the book, the author knew him before he got famous and he seems like such an interesting person. That is the biggest thing I envy about her life I think...and she never even slept with him either!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 23 2007, 10:14 PM)

Hare biggrin.gif

Yes he was.

But, he really didn't want that. All he wanted was for people to like his poetry. It's the way the manager marketed the band that made him the sex GOD that everyone saw him as. I would loved to have known him, before all of that got to him. In the book, the author knew him before he got famous and he seems like such an interesting person. That is the biggest thing I envy about her life I think...and she never even slept with him either!

biggrin.gif

What I always found sexy about Jim in addition to the "first look" was his spirituality. He chose to live that lifetime with one foot on the other side and the drugs were just a quick way of transitioning. He walked the Pagan Path and was not afraid to be open about it especially in his poetry. I consider him one of my first spiritual teachers!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 23 2007, 09:14 PM)

Hare biggrin.gif

Yes he was.

biggrin.gif

The thing about Jim though is that he did begin to use the sex god thing to his advantage.

The thing with Pamela is that she made a conscious point to not sleep with anyone till she was ready. She didn't even "do" Rodney Bingemheimer but she DID go down on him. She did everything but the screwing the musicians. She after that she was my idol for a long time lol

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 22 2007, 01:54 AM)
OK Ladies, Tortoise here with a quick (possibly personal) question.

There are certain songs and/or parts of songs that make Hair just . . . well . . . you know,. . . "Ooo and Aaah" and get all squintchy faced. wub.gif
Don't deny it, It's true. Geddy has that magickal ability. So here's my question:

In Good News First @ time mark 3:00min. there is this wonderful syncopated transition that has the above mentioned effect on Hare. Does this song have the same effect on any of you?

OK Bye, bolt.gif
Tortoise

For me... there are many...

La Villa Strangiato

That part where Ged plays that long, high note on the keyboard...

it just hangs there, high and endless... and Oh, I'm right there on the edge! And then he goes to the bass... deep and low pulse

oohhhhhhh. and that's just it for me!

And I don't know why, but I get shivers listening to Moving To Bohemia...

The most delicious shivers...

Leave That Thing Alone! Where's My Thing? YYZ...

Chemistry, In The Mood, Freeze (Part IV of Fear)...

And there's something about Nocturne and Sweet Miracle...

And of course.. MalNar

and we must not forget The Main Monkey Bisiness!

laugh.gif This thread is wild but I might just stay lurking on this topic if you dont mind rofl3.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Garden Dancer @ Aug 24 2007, 01:57 AM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 22 2007, 01:54 AM)
OK Ladies, Tortoise here with a quick (possibly personal) question.

There are certain songs and/or parts of songs that make Hair just . . . well . . . you know,. . . "Ooo and Aaah" and get all squintchy faced. wub.gif
Don't deny it, It's true. Geddy has that magickal ability. So here's my question:

In Good News First @ time mark 3:00min. there is this wonderful syncopated transition that has the above mentioned effect on Hare. Does this song have the same effect on any of you?

OK Bye, bolt.gif
Tortoise

For me... there are many...

La Villa Strangiato

That part where Ged plays that long, high note on the keyboard...

it just hangs there, high and endless... and Oh, I'm right there on the edge! And then he goes to the bass... deep and low pulse

oohhhhhhh. and that's just it for me!

And I don't know why, but I get shivers listening to Moving To Bohemia...

The most delicious shivers...

Leave That Thing Alone! Where's My Thing? YYZ...

Chemistry, In The Mood, Freeze (Part IV of Fear)...

And there's something about Nocturne and Sweet Miracle...

And of course.. MalNar

and we must not forget The Main Monkey Bisiness!

Wow - that's some good honest posting right there! Thanks Garden Dancer!! I honestly have to say...most of Geddy's work does it for me laugh.gif I LOVE the intro to Home on the Strange from MFH...wub.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Aug 24 2007, 07:36 AM)
laugh.gif This thread is wild but I might just stay lurking on this topic if you dont mind rofl3.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I was JUST thinking the same thing. I feel like a voyuer. blush4.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Aug 23 2007, 09:34 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 23 2007, 09:14 PM)

Hare biggrin.gif

Yes he was.

biggrin.gif

The thing about Jim though is that he did begin to use the sex god thing to his advantage.

The thing with Pamela is that she made a conscious point to not sleep with anyone till she was ready. She didn't even "do" Rodney Bingemheimer but she DID go down on him. She did everything but the screwing the musicians. She after that she was my idol for a long time lol

Yeah I liked how she described that she wanted to take care of rock stars because seriously they don't really have anyone to take care of them when they are on the road. When they are on the road all thats going on is a whole lotta partyin', a whole lotta drinkin', a whole lotta people using other people to get what they want and there really is a need for someone to be there to help them out a bit.

Yeah I think I have finally found my idol, I'm 23 and I finally have a fricken idol. Seriously I haven't had one before, I just kinda went my own way. Just because she and I wind up in the same situations. I just cant help myself around beautiful men who make music. wub.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 24 2007, 01:05 PM)
laugh.gif This thread is wild but I might just stay lurking on this topic if you dont mind rofl3.gif  biggrin.gif  laugh.gif  z7shysterical.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

dazed025.gif No No No . . . That is not why I started this tread.

It's about the Music.

wink.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 24 2007, 02:41 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 24 2007, 01:05 PM)
laugh.gif This thread is wild but I might just stay lurking on this topic if you dont mind rofl3.gif  biggrin.gif  laugh.gif  z7shysterical.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It's about the Music.

wink.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

I just find this thread hilarious.

LSM

Oh, I know what you mean about Home On The Strange! That intro just growls it's way in, don't it?! Aaahhh! Following Bohemia, it's just perfect, for me...

Driven does some nice things, too... I love the performance in Rio... ooohh, he got me good with that one! Virtuality... "I can smell her perfume, I can taste her lips... I can feel the voltage from her fingertips" and I am just melted. blush4.gif And don't get me started on Between Sun And Moon! drool1.gif heart.gif drool1.gif From start to finish, with that one...

QUOTE (Garden Dancer @ Aug 24 2007, 03:59 PM)
LSM
Oh, I know what you mean about Home On The Strange!  That intro just growls it's way in, don't it?!  Aaahhh!  Following Bohemia, it's just perfect, for me...

Driven does some nice things, too...  I love the performance in Rio... ooohh, he got me good with that one!  Virtuality... "I can smell her perfume, I can taste her lips... I can feel the voltage from her fingertips"  and I am just melted. blush4.gif  And don't get me started on Between Sun And Moon! drool1.gif  heart.gif  drool1.gif  From start to finish, with that one...

ohmy.gif OMG....and the spoken parts in Double Agent!!

"On the edge of sleep I hear voices behind the door, the known and the nameless, familiar and faceless: my angels and my demons at war....which one will lose depends on what I choose, or maybe which voice I ignore..."

*THUD* http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/f/faint.gif drool1.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 24 2007, 03:41 PM)

It's about the Music.

wink.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

ahh...but what a topic it is! 2funny.gif

Archived