The "O" Factor

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#21 Lady April

Lady April

Lady of the Lake

• Members *
  • 9241 posts
  • Interests:Cosmic hopscotching, tripping over my own feet, 'foot in mouth' and other tactful exercises to no avail, my daughter is kick ass, all my pets are kick ass, British Comedy is kick ass, Sci-Fi is kick ass and of course Music duh.

Not of interest: Chodes!

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:14 PM

yes.gif There is a definate "O" factor involved and we all know it. There is absolutely no denying it. It is just the fact that any description might go beyond a PG rating to get a point across. Yes, I think Hare is a bit embarrassed, just as I am if I say too much  tongue.gif  

Sponsored Post

#22 Lady April

Lady April

Lady of the Lake

• Members *
  • 9241 posts
  • Interests:Cosmic hopscotching, tripping over my own feet, 'foot in mouth' and other tactful exercises to no avail, my daughter is kick ass, all my pets are kick ass, British Comedy is kick ass, Sci-Fi is kick ass and of course Music duh.

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:16 PM

Hi Tortoise and/or Hare  bekloppt.gif

#23 Tortoise and Hare

Tortoise and Hare

Double Agent

• Members *
  • 3384 posts
  • Interests:Anything RUSH, Pet Chickens, Boston Sports!!!, Beachcombing, Metaphysics, Holistic Living, Vegetarian Cooking, Sustainable Agriculture, Conspiracy Theories, Science Fiction and Fantasy Literature, Alternative Histories/Dimensions/Futures, Ancient Cosmology, Pagan Spirituality, Writing, Photography, Alternative Education Models, Geocaching

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 23 2007, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 23 2007, 11:27 AM)
Well now I've done it. sad.gif
I have a tendency to speak before thinking.  Now it seems I can also type, read then post before thinking about effects of my loose lips. I am soooo Sorry oops.gif

Obviously I've stumbled across a well kept TOP SECRET bit of infomation. eh.gif and now I must be shot. waffen093.gif

I will go peacefully...
Give my love to Hare rose.gif
You may fire when ready:
user posted image

Tortoise  fists crying.gif

You didn't do anything wrong, by us, sweetie - although you may have embarrased Hare a little bit unsure.gif...don't worry, though, no firing squad for you smile.gif

You mean . . . I. . . I . . .I get to live!  Goddess Bless You... Bless You... Bless You!!! common001.gif   z7shysterical.gif

I'm just playin' along, Hare is fine. We just wanted to make sure I didn't offend anyone by asking such a question.

Tortoise 1287.gif  

#24 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts
  • Interests:Rush.....um......Rush.....and.....um.......Rush......oh yeah, and RUSH! Other than that, I play the guitar, sing, love most kinds of music, including country (I sing that professionally), love photography, art, and hockey.

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 23 2007, 02:20 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 23 2007, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 23 2007, 11:27 AM)
Well now I've done it. sad.gif
I have a tendency to speak before thinking.  Now it seems I can also type, read then post before thinking about effects of my loose lips. I am soooo Sorry oops.gif

Obviously I've stumbled across a well kept TOP SECRET bit of infomation. eh.gif and now I must be shot. waffen093.gif

I will go peacefully...
Give my love to Hare rose.gif
You may fire when ready:
user posted image

Tortoise  fists crying.gif

You didn't do anything wrong, by us, sweetie - although you may have embarrased Hare a little bit unsure.gif...don't worry, though, no firing squad for you smile.gif

You mean . . . I. . . I . . .I get to live!  Goddess Bless You... Bless You... Bless You!!! common001.gif   z7shysterical.gif

I'm just playin' along, Hare is fine. We just wanted to make sure I didn't offend anyone by asking such a question.

Tortoise 1287.gif

laugh.gif I'm certainly not offended wink.gif

Any of the other girls in here offended??

#25 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

"I'm your ch-ch-cherry bomb!"

• Members *
  • 14818 posts
  • Interests:Anything that I find interesting obviously interests me.

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:29 PM

I'm not offended. I don't think there is anything wrong by your question Tortoise.  Some bands are generally thought of as good make-out bands like Led Zep who I swear wrote songs to get into women's pants. laugh.gif

#26 LakesideMaiden

LakesideMaiden

Geddy's Bard

• Members *
  • 11564 posts
  • Interests:Rush.....um......Rush.....and.....um.......Rush......oh yeah, and RUSH! Other than that, I play the guitar, sing, love most kinds of music, including country (I sing that professionally), love photography, art, and hockey.

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 23 2007, 02:29 PM)
I'm not offended. I don't think there is anything wrong by your question Tortoise.  Some bands are generally thought of as good make-out bands like Led Zep who I swear wrote songs to get into women's pants. laugh.gif

Yes they did, and honestly, in his heyday, what woman WOULDN'T want Robert Plant in her pants??? z7shysterical.gif laugh.gif

#27 Analog Kelly

Analog Kelly

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:Books, Coffee, Baseball and Rush of course .....

Shows attended: 4/4/86, 12/9/87, 4/22/90, 3/15/92, 6/20/92, 4/23/94, 12/14/96, 7/15/02, 8/11/04, 7/2/07, 9/17/07

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:50 PM

OMG- this is hysterical  rofl3.gif

My vote goes to "For the Love of God" by Steve Vai - I have to stop everything and listen when that song is on  wub.gif    

#28 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

• Members *
  • 14818 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 23 2007, 01:34 PM)
I'm not offended. I don't think there is anything wrong by your question Tortoise.  Some bands are generally thought of as good make-out bands like Led Zep who I swear wrote songs to get into women's pants. laugh.gif

Yes they did, and honestly, in his heyday, what woman WOULDN'T want Robert Plant in her pants??? z7shysterical.gif laugh.gif

I'm more of a Jimmy Page kinda gal.  wub.gif

His guitar solos make me wanna... ahem... nevermind.  wink.gif

Edited by Ya_Big_Tree, 23 August 2007 - 01:53 PM.

#29 Lady April

Lady April

Lady of the Lake

• Members *
  • 9241 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 23 2007, 01:52 PM)
I'm not offended. I don't think there is anything wrong by your question Tortoise.  Some bands are generally thought of as good make-out bands like Led Zep who I swear wrote songs to get into women's pants. laugh.gif

tongue.gif I went through a Pagey Stagey  laugh.gif and ohhhh the mytery. I loved "I'm with the Band"  trink36.gif  

#30 Tortoise and Hare

Tortoise and Hare

Double Agent

• Members *
  • 3384 posts
  • Interests:Anything RUSH, Pet Chickens, Boston Sports!!!, Beachcombing, Metaphysics, Holistic Living, Vegetarian Cooking, Sustainable Agriculture, Conspiracy Theories, Science Fiction and Fantasy Literature, Alternative Histories/Dimensions/Futures, Ancient Cosmology, Pagan Spirituality, Writing, Photography, Alternative Education Models, Geocaching

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:20 PM

You guys are GREAT!!!  I guess I was a bit surprised by Tortoise's post.  My first thought, as a teacher, was, "Oh sh*t my students hang out on this Forum- - I'm gonna get eatin' alive!!!".  But, oh well, if they're old enough to read on the internet, they've probably read worse!

Secondly, I've made some really neat friends here.  I care about and respect you all and I didn't want anyone thinking Tortoise was just "fishing" like some guys do.  If he had brought up the question in "Random Samples" for everyone I think it would've been OK.  But I felt weird that he had targeted the women's forum specifically.  I told him to compare what he did with a man going into a girl's room and asking the women to identify their favorite brand of tampon!  A woman could do it - - no problem.  But a man on our turf?!?

And the bottom line is that the sweetie really wanted your opinions because he wanted to surprise me with a "loaded" disc that he was going to burn based upon your suggestions.  Awwwwww wub.gif

So he's not in trouble or anything. . . and I have an even higher opinion of you all for being so understanding!  Thanks!

And considering that everyone wants to play . . . Let's hear your suggestions!!!

I wholeheartedly agree with the LedZep sensuality factor!  They began the new era!

Hare biggrin.gif  

Edited by Tortoise and Hare, 23 August 2007 - 02:21 PM.

#31 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

• Members *
  • 14818 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (Lady April @ Aug 23 2007, 02:17 PM)

tongue.gif I went through a Pagey Stagey  laugh.gif and ohhhh the mytery. I loved "I'm with the Band"  trink36.gif

I'm reading that right now!  I'm having the most amazing dreams staring me and 60's rock stars!   biggrin.gif  

#32 Tortoise and Hare

Tortoise and Hare

Double Agent

• Members *
  • 3384 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (Analog Kelly @ Aug 23 2007, 02:50 PM)
My vote goes to "For the Love of God" by Steve Vai - I have to stop everything and listen when that song is on  wub.gif

laugh.gif This is how Tortoise figured this whole thing out.  When certain sections of certain songs come on, I stop EVERYTHING and devote my full attention to the music!

Other than my favorite 2.gif songs, I love the choruses in Damn Yankees', "High Enough", and Def Leppard's "Love Bites".

Hare biggrin.gif  

#33 Lady April

Lady April

Lady of the Lake

• Members *
  • 9241 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 23 2007, 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (Analog Kelly @ Aug 23 2007, 02:50 PM)
My vote goes to "For the Love of God" by Steve Vai - I have to stop everything and listen when that song is on  wub.gif

laugh.gif This is how Tortoise figured this whole thing out.  When certain sections of certain songs come on, I stop EVERYTHING and devote my full attention to the music!

Other than my favorite 2.gif songs, I love the choruses in Damn Yankees', "High Enough", and Def Leppard's "Love Bites".

Hare biggrin.gif

Ohhh I get it now.  tongue.gif See how my mind works! I thought it went way beyond just naming a song.  rofl3.gif I go straight to descriptive. Then I prove again I am a demented dork  pokey.gif  blush4.gif  

#34 Lady April

Lady April

Lady of the Lake

• Members *
  • 9241 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 23 2007, 02:30 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Aug 23 2007, 02:17 PM)

I'm reading that right now!  I'm having the most amazing dreams staring me and 60's rock stars!   biggrin.gif

Dude I have 2 copies of that book and was a slave to the idea of the groupie.  tongue.gif
Before I got married, for years I was known as Miss April  laugh.gif rather than the current Lady April.

#35 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

• Members *
  • 14818 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:25 PM

I love that book!

I can't believe she knew Jim Morrison before he was famous. That's something. To have known Jim before all the fame and drugs and stuff went to his head. That must have been something.

#36 Tortoise and Hare

Tortoise and Hare

Double Agent

• Members *
  • 3384 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:50 PM

bekloppt.gif 2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
Tortoise and Hare, Lady April

Jim Morrison . . . Now he was sex appeal personified!!!! wub.gif

Hare biggrin.gif  

#37 Lady April

Lady April

Lady of the Lake

• Members *
  • 9241 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 23 2007, 08:50 PM)

Hare biggrin.gif

bekloppt.gif  2.gif  wub.gif  

#38 Ya_Big_Tree

Ya_Big_Tree

• Members *
  • 14818 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:14 PM

Hare biggrin.gif

Yes he was.

But, he really didn't want that. All he wanted was for people to like his poetry.  It's the way the manager marketed the band that made him the sex GOD that everyone saw him as.  I would loved to have known him, before all of that got to him.  In the book, the author knew him before he got famous and he seems like such an interesting person. That is the biggest thing I envy about her life I think...and she never even slept with him either!

biggrin.gif  

#39 Tortoise and Hare

Tortoise and Hare

Double Agent

• Members *
  • 3384 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 23 2007, 10:14 PM)

Hare biggrin.gif

Yes he was.

But, he really didn't want that. All he wanted was for people to like his poetry.  It's the way the manager marketed the band that made him the sex GOD that everyone saw him as.  I would loved to have known him, before all of that got to him.  In the book, the author knew him before he got famous and he seems like such an interesting person. That is the biggest thing I envy about her life I think...and she never even slept with him either!

biggrin.gif

What I always found sexy about Jim in addition to the "first look" was his spirituality.   He chose to live that lifetime with one foot on the other side and the drugs were just a quick way of transitioning.  He walked the Pagan Path and was not afraid to be open about it especially in his poetry.  I consider him one of my first spiritual teachers!!!

Hare biggrin.gif  

#40 Lady April

Lady April

Lady of the Lake

• Members *
  • 9241 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 23 2007, 09:14 PM)

Hare biggrin.gif

Yes he was.

biggrin.gif

The thing about Jim though is that he did begin to use the sex god thing to his advantage.
The thing with Pamela is that she made a conscious point to not sleep with anyone till she was ready. She didn't even "do" Rodney Bingemheimer but she DID go down on him. She did everything but the screwing the musicians. She after that she was my idol for a long time lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users