The "O" Factor

Tortoise and Hare

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Frankie7 @ Sep 11 2007, 10:38 AM)
Here's another depressing song, but it's oh so good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlAgwd5JGPo

That song is beautiful but it is no "O" for me. It has always made me sad sad.gif fists crying.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 11 2007, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE (Frankie7 @ Sep 11 2007, 10:38 AM)
Here's another depressing song, but it's oh so good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlAgwd5JGPo

That song is beautiful but it is no "O" for me. It has always made me sad sad.gif fists crying.gif

I know, I know, I know, I know.... wink.gif

This is a big "O" for me. While we touched on the 60's anyway, tongue.gif I love John Kay drool1.gif

QUOTE (Frankie7 @ Sep 11 2007, 11:42 AM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 11 2007, 12:15 PM)
This is a big "O" for me. While we touched on the 60's anyway,  tongue.gif  I love John Kay  drool1.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3PRV5JsTJg

Great song! Cool video too! biggrin.gif

John Kay is "O" soo cool and HOT! tongue.gif DAM! drool1.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Sep 11 2007, 12:55 PM)
Here's something special for you Lady! Hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r44OFO-MNPo...related&search=

and this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhSYbRiYwTY...related&search=

Oh yes, truly unbelievable songs! Both are Classics and I never get tired of hearing them! Music really mattered back in those days, don't you think? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Frankie7 @ Sep 11 2007, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Sep 11 2007, 12:55 PM)
Here's something special for you Lady!  Hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r44OFO-MNPo...related&search=

and this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhSYbRiYwTY...related&search=

Oh yes, truly unbelievable songs! Both are Classics and I never get tired of hearing them! Music really mattered back in those days, don't you think? biggrin.gif

drool1.gif Oh good lord, I love those vids! I have 25 Bowie albums on vinyl, seen him 3 times and can never EVER get enough of him. His voice is thexthy. I have em in my youtube but I am glad you posted them cause I haven't been through my playlist in some timeexcept the ones I've posted the last couple days.

Thanks YBT! applaudit.gif sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Sep 11 2007, 03:16 PM)
Well I wasn't around durring those days but I do believe that my soul was.

I honestly think I was born way too late in time. I missed so many great bands in their prime. doh.gif

As Neil and one of his buddies would say: "Oh, you're so young. You missed so much!" (did I get this right, GG? wink.gif )

Thank goodness for YouTube, then! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Frankie7 @ Sep 11 2007, 03:20 PM)

I honestly think I was born way too late in time. I missed so many great bands in their prime.  doh.gif

As Neil and one of his buddies would say: "Oh, you're so young. You missed so much!" (did I get this right, GG? wink.gif )

yes.gif Absolutely! I used to say I died of a drug overdose in the late 60's. Then in the dillusion of my younger years wondered if since Jim Morrison died 9 months before i was born wondered if I was either him or my mother screwed him and is a terrible liar, I think I may have even asked her. Wow I was in another world as a youth.

tongue.gif I was actually hoping for the ladder though.

I'm a dork. doh.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 11 2007, 04:44 PM)

I honestly think I was born way too late in time. I missed so many great bands in their prime.  doh.gif

yes.gif Absolutely! I used to say I died of a drug overdose in the late 60's. Then in the dillusion of my younger years wondered if since Jim Morrison died 9 months before i was born wondered if I was either him or my mother screwed him and is a terrible liar, I think I may have even asked her. Wow I was in another world as a youth.

I'm a dork. doh.gif

No, you're not a dork! You're just delusional! biggrin.gif Just kidding, you know that! coy.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 11 2007, 03:44 PM)

I'm a dork. doh.gif

Haha, I know what you mean Lady! Just the other day I was talking to my mom about music and she just stopped and looked at me and said: "You were at Woodstock." That's all she said. When I laughed, she told me that she was serious. She honestly believes that I was around back then (some kind of re-incarnation) my soul is a 60's soul. My mom is awesome. laugh.gif

biggrin.gif That whole thing with Jim Morrison is insane! Were you born to the exact day 9 months later?

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Sep 11 2007, 04:18 PM)

I'm a dork. doh.gif

Haha, I know what you mean Lady! Just the other day I was talking to my mom about music and she just stopped and looked at me and said: "You were at Woodstock." That's all she said. When I laughed, she told me that she was serious. She honestly believes that I was around back then (some kind of re-incarnation) my soul is a 60's soul. My mom is awesome. laugh.gif

biggrin.gif That whole thing with Jim Morrison is insane! Were you born to the exact day 9 months later?

mabey not the exact day but nobody is everyreally born on their due date smile.gif A pregnancy is 10 months in reality so He would've had to knock up my mom within a month of his death rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 12 2007, 09:22 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Sep 11 2007, 04:18 PM)

I'm a dork. doh.gif

mabey not the exact day but nobody is everyreally born on their due date smile.gif A pregnancy is 10 months in reality so He would've had to knock up my mom within a month of his death rofl3.gif

z7shysterical.gif

Well stranger things have happened. Ask your mom if she was in Paris during that time, cause that's where he was spending his time before his death, but then I'm sure you already knew that. tongue.gif

Aww... Jim, what a terrible tragedy. sad.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Sep 11 2007, 05:18 PM)

I'm a dork. doh.gif

I TOTALLY believe in that - I've had dreams of past lives - they are fleeting, but you just get that sense that you were THERE....it's definitely a weird feeling, but still kewl at the same time yes.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 12 2007, 10:34 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Sep 11 2007, 05:18 PM)

I'm a dork. doh.gif

I TOTALLY believe in that - I've had dreams of past lives - they are fleeting, but you just get that sense that you were THERE....it's definitely a weird feeling, but still kewl at the same time yes.gif

I get this feeling that I'm not hair. Is that a good feeling? Sometimes I get a feeling that I didn't live this life before......

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 12 2007, 09:48 PM)
I get this feeling that I'm not hair. Is that a good feeling? Sometimes I get a feeling that I didn't live this life before......

ohmy.gif I get those feelings all the time! Glad I'm not the only one hug2.gif wub.gif

What a thread...

I have to agree about The Doors and Jim. drool1.gif

I had a friend Donny that looked just like Jim. And

he was the best. yes.gif

But back to the songs that do "it"...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ouv_6uSHJ9I

I happen to love this one and it works. wink.gif

I had basically not heard this song in YEARS the

Necro made me remember it. wub.gif

Frank Sinatra

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L_PFLkSR0_4

Miles Davis

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zEvqGVV3qsA

Tony Bennett

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i1HJV4juROc

Peter Gabriel

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QXyX45A0Alk

Pink Floyd

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Enwnt7-j90k

Fleetwood Mac

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qHXUQR-e2cE

Heart... At 2:30 she just goes wild and I love it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AcAn3z7D1Pc

Now you all have me thinking about making a disc. laugh.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Sep 21 2007, 09:40 PM)

[/color][/i][/b]

"Ooooooooooooooooooo Yah"!!!!

Great idea, Ceej! Call it "Songs That Do It For Me" blush4.gif !

I smell platinum!!!

z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 21 2007, 09:56 PM)

[/color][/i][/b]

I smell platinum!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

rofl3.gif

As long as Necro doesn't have to listen to all the songs

that "DO IT" for me... It will be all good.

He is WAY TO MUCH of a metal head. 1022.gif

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Sep 21 2007, 09:59 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 21 2007, 09:56 PM)

[/color][/i][/b]

I smell platinum!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

rofl3.gif

As long as Necro doesn't have to listen to all the songs

that "DO IT" for me... It will be all good.

He is WAY TO MUCH of a metal head. 1022.gif

rofl3.gif

Well, let's see . . .

There's soft, smooth, melodic, cuddly, harmonic sexy . . . wub.gif

Then there's hot, heavy, grinding, raw, in-your-face metal sexy . . . 1022.gif

Personally, I gotta have both - - depends what kinda mood I'm in!!! tempted.gif

May I suggest a double CD set?!? z7shysterical.gif common001.gif rofl3.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Archived