The "O" Factor

Tortoise and Hare

Men have to question it. They reall don't have a clue do they? tongue.gif z7shysterical.gif fing.gif applaudit.gif

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blush4.gif HOLY SH*T! Geddy just gave ME goosebumps!!!!! It was right at the end of Double Agent when the music cuts out when he's singing, "The choice between darkness and light."

Tortoise 1287.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 2 2007, 12:42 PM)
Men have to question it. They reall don't have a clue do they? tongue.gif z7shysterical.gif fing.gif applaudit.gif

They can be trained!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 2 2007, 11:47 AM)
Men have to question it. They reall don't have a clue do they?  tongue.gif  z7shysterical.gif  fing.gif  applaudit.gif

They can be trained!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

sad.gif Not mine for some reason. He has no desire to even try. Bummer for me. angry.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 2 2007, 06:13 PM)
Men have to question it. They reall don't have a clue do they?  tongue.gif  z7shysterical.gif  fing.gif  applaudit.gif

They can be trained!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

sad.gif Not mine for some reason. He has no desire to even try. Bummer for me. angry.gif

Tortoise is at the point where he knows which parts of some songs he needs to turn up. . . we've been together so long. In fact, if something interrupts one of my favorite parts like conversation, traffic, or general confusion, he will replay it automatically. Ahhhhhh, the benefits of good training!

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 2 2007, 05:43 PM)

They can be trained!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

Tortoise is at the point where he knows which parts of some songs he needs to turn up. . . we've been together so long. In fact, if something interrupts one of my favorite parts like conversation, traffic, or general confusion, he will replay it automatically. Ahhhhhh, the benefits of good training!

Hare biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif LUCKY! Little jelous over here bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 2 2007, 12:46 PM)
blush4.gif HOLY SH*T! Geddy just gave ME goosebumps!!!!! It was right at the end of Double Agent when the music cuts out when he's singing, "The choice between darkness and light."

Tortoise 1287.gif

I get that EVERY time I hear that part.... laugh.gif

wub.gif Geddy has such a sexy voice wub.gif

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Sep 2 2007, 06:31 PM)
I don't exactly what it does for her, but my wife really seems to enjoy Mission and closes her eyes while she sings along. I'll have to ask her if that song "does it" for her.

smile.gif

hmmm...I'd show her this thread first - that way she'll know that there are others out there like her...it will make it easier for her to admit it laugh.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 2 2007, 07:53 PM)
When Aimee Mann sings "Time... Stands Still"... i get a woody. yes.gif

Does that count for anything? Or am i just bizarre? confused13.gif

yes.gif That counts bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 2 2007, 07:55 PM)
I don't exactly what it does for her, but my wife really seems to enjoy Mission and closes her eyes while she sings along.  I'll have to ask her if that song "does it" for her. 

smile.gif

hmmm...I'd show her this thread first - that way she'll know that there are others out there like her...it will make it easier for her to admit it laugh.gif

yes.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

So true, soo true!!!

Some of us do...

for me it's the "triple jam" in freewill when they play it live...I realized this as I was watching the Detroit show. wink.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Sep 2 2007, 08:50 PM)

Some of us do...

for me it's the "triple jam" in freewill when they play it live...I realized this as I was watching the Detroit show. wink.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif YES! You called it. Except I call it the double solo for Al and Gedzzz. THAT is what does it for me. Well, one of many Rush attributed things anyway tongue.gif

Anyway, That was just so f**king awesome to hear live this year I mean WOW! 1022.gif

I don't exactly what it does for her, but my wife really seems to enjoy Mission and closes her eyes while she sings along.  I'll have to ask her if that song "does it" for her. 

smile.gif

Good idea. I think she'd tell me anyway, but she may find it a strange question. I'll post what she says when I ask her tonight.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Sep 4 2007, 01:12 PM)

smile.gif

Good idea. I think she'd tell me anyway, but she may find it a strange question. I'll post what she says when I ask her tonight.

biggrin.gif

1022.gif kewl man!

BTW - check out this thread...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=30534

That's my old car and our new one...

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 2 2007, 05:13 PM)

They can be trained!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

Aww that sucks Lady. sad.gif

Mine (when I had one angry.gif ) and I would love to play different music for eachother. He had a good memory as to what songs put me "in-the-mood" and so did I.

Hmm... we had a lot of fun together....stupid bastard. sad.gif

yeah, he's pretty self righteous and basically unconcerned where he doesn't count. angry.gif

They can be trained!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

If music would do it, Id be down to BestBuy in 5 minutes for the most sophiticated stereo ever sold! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 4 2007, 10:28 PM)

They can be trained!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

If music would do it, Id be down to BestBuy in 5 minutes for the most sophiticated stereo ever sold! biggrin.gif

Buy the equipment!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 5 2007, 03:26 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 4 2007, 10:28 PM)

They can be trained!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

Buy the equipment!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

angry.gif He'd break it! I can't win I tells ya - not with this guy no.gif eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 2 2007, 05:56 PM)

They can be trained!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

(*sigh*) I feel your pain, girl!

Why do you think I write the things I do?! laugh.gif wacko.gif z7shysterical.gif Gotta have some kind of release!

QUOTE (Garden Dancer @ Sep 6 2007, 03:25 AM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Sep 2 2007, 05:56 PM)

They can be trained!!!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

(*sigh*) I feel your pain, girl!

Why do you think I write the things I do?! laugh.gif wacko.gif z7shysterical.gif Gotta have some kind of release!

It sounds like your "men" need a . . .(Quoting Steven King's The Shining)"Talking to" firedevil.gif

I'll admit. . . I'm well "trained"-note the quotes-. I've been with Hare for 17 years, 5 months and 22 days now. . . wub.gif

And I love Cookies coy.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

Damn...there are some lucky husbands out there. Women that love Rush. Who'd have thought there was such a thing? Unfortunately, I only found out after the fact.

I tried getting my wife to listen to Rush, but she just doesn't get it. She says it's like listening to nails on a chalkboard. She used to listen to soft rock (Elton John, Sting, etc) when we were dating and on into the earlier part of our marriage, and I was ok with that. But, in the last few years she's gone in the other direction. Now she listens to Shakira and all this other stuff that you dance to. UGGHH!! I can't stand it. Not my cup of tea at all. I grew up listening to Rush, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, AC/DC, etc. It's just not my nature to listen to that kind of music. Not that there's anything wrong with it...

Now what do I do???

QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 6 2007, 09:41 AM)
Damn...there are some lucky husbands out there. Women that love Rush. Who'd have thought there was such a thing? Unfortunately, I only found out after the fact.

I tried getting my wife to listen to Rush, but she just doesn't get it. She says it's like listening to nails on a chalkboard. She used to listen to soft rock (Elton John, Sting, etc) when we were dating and on into the earlier part of our marriage, and I was ok with that. But, in the last few years she's gone in the other direction. Now she listens to Shakira and all this other stuff that you dance to. UGGHH!! I can't stand it. Not my cup of tea at all. I grew up listening to Rush, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, AC/DC, etc. It's just not my nature to listen to that kind of music. Not that there's anything wrong with it...

Now what do I do???

confused13.gif Sorry Natch, I don't know. . . I haven't reached that level of training yet sad.gif I'll ask Hare biggrin.gif

No Cookies for your wife though!!!. no.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

Archived