The "O" Factor

Tortoise and Hare

OK Ladies, Tortoise here with a quick (possibly personal) question.

There are certain songs and/or parts of songs that make Hair just . . . well . . . you know,. . . "Ooo and Aaah" and get all squintchy faced. wub.gif

Don't deny it, It's true. Geddy has that magickal ability. So here's my question:

In Good News First @ time mark 3:00min. there is this wonderful syncopated transition that has the above mentioned effect on Hare. Does this song have the same effect on any of you?

OK Bye, bolt.gif

Tortoise

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LMFAO z7shysterical.gif hmmm....that could very well be....kinda like the bass solo in the live version of Driven on Different Stages drool1.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 22 2007, 01:54 AM)
OK Ladies, Tortoise here with a quick (possibly personal) question.

There are certain songs and/or parts of songs that make Hair just . . . well . . . you know,. . . "Ooo and Aaah" and get all squintchy faced. wub.gif
Don't deny it, It's true. Geddy has that magickal ability. So here's my question:

In Good News First @ time mark 3:00min. there is this wonderful syncopated transition that has the above mentioned effect on Hare. Does this song have the same effect on any of you?

OK Bye, bolt.gif
Tortoise

You are kidding. Music can do that to women? Holy crap. This could be a useful thread. eyesre4.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 22 2007, 02:22 PM)
LMFAO z7shysterical.gif The bass solo in the live version of Driven on Different Stages drool1.gif

yes.gif I get Goose Bumps on certain resonating harmonies, but not that face melting effect. (Good thing . . . I don't need that! no.gif )

So . . . What other 2.gif songs do that for you. I need to burn a disc for Hare drool1.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

Ya know, I was gonna post a comment and I sat here and though it out. I had better not say anything in regards to the effect of some Rush music on my, well ... unsure.gif , Hmm.

tongue.gif Just better off that way.

confused13.gif My beloved Tortoise has been a bit naughty!!! Without talking to me about it, he decided to post this question in the women's forum. He just told me while we were shopping this afternoon. I even e-mailed LSM to tell her because I didn't know how to explain to everyone that he actually just loves to talk and learn . . . he's really not a perv! I've been trying to figure out how to explain his intent all evening so that no one will be offended.

You see this comes under the category, "What every woman knows and what every man wants to find out. . ." which is the oldest recorded quest in the written English language. Every man wants to know what women want!!!

Tortoise and I have been together for 17 1/2 years. While I knew of RUSH before I had been too busy with work and getting degrees to truly learn OF RUSH. I had been also living in the past with Zep, Tull, Sabbath, etc. . Within a week of our "dating", Tortoise passed to me a lyrical insert to accompany the music he was playing. He asked me to read the words. That was it! I've been hooked and rather obsessed ever since.

Well, over the years, Tortoise began to notice that during certain songs, I crank up the volume, close my eyes, and ignore everything else except those sensual sounds! When asked, I explained that everyone knows how especially sensual rock music can be and I admitted that Geddy's voice really turned me on! Certain sections of certain songs contain a magical element . . . be it Geddy's unique range, his melodious harmonies, Alex's ripping rifts, Geddy's sexy bass lines, or Neil's TomToms . . . that just float me away . . . wub.gif

The fact that good music can turn women on is well known but we don't usually discuss it because it's fun to have such a powerfully rich secret that we don't share with the men. (I'm not sure that they can fully understand anyway because their sexual natures are set up from a more physical base whereas women's are more emotional.) Howard Stern's movie toyed with the idea in a bombastic scene where a woman plays with a speaker - - scene written by a man, I'm sure. In reality, things are much more subtle and we, as women, don't usually give up the details of our goosebumps . . . in public, anyway.

That being said, out of innocent curiosity, Tortoise decided that he would post this question because he wanted to compare my favorite passages to those that other women offered. I've explained to him that although we may whisper such things to trusted friends in person, I didn't think that most women would be willing to publicly post their sexually charged preferences on the Forum to be read worldwide. He was a little perplexed with my concern as he truly had no intention of offending - - - just thought he was on to something and he wanted more information!

I'm sure he will speak for himself later, but I felt I needed to give my fellow New World Women a little background and my heartfelt apologies if the question (especially from a man) was a bit insensitive.

Sincerely,

Hare blush4.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Aug 22 2007, 06:02 PM)
Ya know, I was gonna post a comment and I sat here and though it out. I had better not say anything in regards to the effect of some Rush music on my, well ... unsure.gif , Hmm.

OK, wait...

EVERYBODY LEAVE THIS THREAD!

unsure.gif

OK, coast is clear. Now...you can tell me. It will be a secret.

tongue.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 22 2007, 08:39 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Aug 22 2007, 06:02 PM)
Ya know, I was gonna post a comment and I sat here and though it out. I had better not say anything in regards to the effect of some Rush music on my, well ...  unsure.gif , Hmm.

OK, wait...

EVERYBODY LEAVE THIS THREAD!

unsure.gif

OK, coast is clear. Now...you can tell me. It will be a secret.

tongue.gif

wink.gif

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

dazed025.gif

I can't say that there are Rush songs that...ahem...do that for me. laugh.gif The only thing that fits the bill there are David Gilmour's guitar solos from "Comfortably Numb," the live version of "Echoes" from "Live in Pompeii," and various other songs.

There's just something about his playing. firedevil.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 22 2007, 09:19 PM)
confused13.gif My beloved Tortoise has been a bit naughty!!! Without talking to me about it, he decided to post this question in the women's forum. He just told me while we were shopping this afternoon. I even e-mailed LSM to tell her because I didn't know how to explain to everyone that he actually just loves to talk and learn . . . he's really not a perv! I've been trying to figure out how to explain his intent all evening so that no one will be offended.

You see this comes under the category, "What every woman knows and what every man wants to find out. . ." which is the oldest recorded quest in the written English language. Every man wants to know what women want!!!

Tortoise and I have been together for 17 1/2 years. While I knew of RUSH before I had been too busy with work and getting degrees to truly learn OF RUSH. I had been also living in the past with Zep, Tull, Sabbath, etc. . Within a week of our "dating", Tortoise passed to me a lyrical insert to accompany the music he was playing. He asked me to read the words. That was it! I've been hooked and rather obsessed ever since.

Well, over the years, Tortoise began to notice that during certain songs, I crank up the volume, close my eyes, and ignore everything else except those sensual sounds! When asked, I explained that everyone knows how especially sensual rock music can be and I admitted that Geddy's voice really turned me on! Certain sections of certain songs contain a magical element . . . be it Geddy's unique range, his melodious harmonies, Alex's ripping rifts, Geddy's sexy bass lines, or Neil's TomToms . . . that just float me away . . . wub.gif

The fact that good music can turn women on is well known but we don't usually discuss it because it's fun to have such a powerfully rich secret that we don't share with the men. (I'm not sure that they can fully understand anyway because their sexual natures are set up from a more physical base whereas women's are more emotional.) Howard Stern's movie toyed with the idea in a bombastic scene where a woman plays with a speaker - - scene written by a man, I'm sure. In reality, things are much more subtle and we, as women, don't usually give up the details of our goosebumps . . . in public, anyway.

That being said, out of innocent curiosity, Tortoise decided that he would post this question because he wanted to compare my favorite passages to those that other women offered. I've explained to him that although we may whisper such things to trusted friends in person, I didn't think that most women would be willing to publicly post their sexually charged preferences on the Forum to be read worldwide. He was a little perplexed with my concern as he truly had no intention of offending - - - just thought he was on to something and he wanted more information!

I'm sure he will speak for himself later, but I felt I needed to give my fellow New World Women a little background and my heartfelt apologies if the question (especially from a man) was a bit insensitive.

Sincerely,
Hare blush4.gif

trink39.gif well said, my 2.gif sister wink.gif I hold no grudge against Tortoise for posting this innocent question. There are many 2.gif songs that do that to me...but I won't divulge anything else on the matter wink.gif I say, let them find out for themselves, and let us reap the benefits of their attempts firedevil.gif z7shysterical.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (LerxstFerret @ Aug 22 2007, 11:54 PM)
It only happens to me when I listen to The Backstreet Boys.

z7shysterical.gif laugh.gif

this thread is awesome. I can only the imagine the doings in the minds of the beautiful and wise NWW. bekloppt.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Aug 22 2007, 11:08 PM)
this thread is awesome. I can only the imagine the doings in the minds of the beautiful and wise NWW.  bekloppt.gif

tongue.gif

Oh, my perverted mind only read "doing...the beautiful and wise NWW."

OH!!!!!

http://m.pimpmyspace.org/07/4/10/9950so.gif http://www.rdruw.net/Pictures/Animated%20Gifs/Quagmire.gif

http://i.xanga.com/TheUltimateTofu/quagmire.JPG

The Best of Quagmire (a must see)

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 23 2007, 09:10 AM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Aug 22 2007, 11:08 PM)
this thread is awesome. I can only the imagine the doings in the minds of the beautiful and wise NWW.  bekloppt.gif

tongue.gif

Oh, my perverted mind only read "doing...the beautiful and wise NWW."

OH!!!!!

http://m.pimpmyspace.org/07/4/10/9950so.gif http://www.rdruw.net/Pictures/Animated%20Gifs/Quagmire.gif

http://i.xanga.com/TheUltimateTofu/quagmire.JPG

The Best of Quagmire (a must see)

z7shysterical.gif LMFAO!!! laugh.gif

bekloppt.gif Hi!!!!

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):

LakesideMaiden, Tortoise and Hare

Well now I've done it. sad.gif

I have a tendency to speak before thinking. Now it seems I can also type, read then post before thinking about effects of my loose lips. I am soooo Sorry oops.gif

Obviously I've stumbled across a well kept TOP SECRET bit of infomation. eh.gif and now I must be shot. waffen093.gif

I will go peacefully...

Give my love to Hare rose.gif

You may fire when ready:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Shootme.jpg

Tortoise fists crying.gif

I dun get it? What did you do. It's not the first time this topic has been brought up. unsure.gif

Hmmm I think it might have happened when I was listening to Rush. But the bands that I know for certain have that effect on me personally are The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Jimmi Hendrix and Nine Inch Nails. smile.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 23 2007, 11:27 AM)
I have a tendency to speak before thinking. Now it seems I can also type, read then post before thinking about effects of my loose lips. I am soooo Sorry oops.gif

Obviously I've stumbled across a well kept TOP SECRET bit of infomation. eh.gif and now I must be shot. waffen093.gif

I will go peacefully...
You may fire when ready:

Tortoise fists crying.gif

You didn't do anything wrong, by us, sweetie - although you may have embarrased Hare a little bit unsure.gif...don't worry, though, no firing squad for you smile.gif

yes.gif There is a definate "O" factor involved and we all know it. There is absolutely no denying it. It is just the fact that any description might go beyond a PG rating to get a point across. Yes, I think Hare is a bit embarrassed, just as I am if I say too much tongue.gif

Hi Tortoise and/or Hare bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 23 2007, 02:01 PM)
I have a tendency to speak before thinking.  Now it seems I can also type, read then post before thinking about effects of my loose lips. I am soooo Sorry oops.gif

I will go peacefully...
You may fire when ready:

Tortoise  fists crying.gif

You didn't do anything wrong, by us, sweetie - although you may have embarrased Hare a little bit unsure.gif...don't worry, though, no firing squad for you smile.gif

You mean . . . I. . . I . . .I get to live! Goddess Bless You... Bless You... Bless You!!! common001.gif z7shysterical.gif

I'm just playin' along, Hare is fine. We just wanted to make sure I didn't offend anyone by asking such a question.

Tortoise 1287.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 23 2007, 02:20 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 23 2007, 02:01 PM)
I have a tendency to speak before thinking.  Now it seems I can also type, read then post before thinking about effects of my loose lips. I am soooo Sorry oops.gif

I will go peacefully...
You may fire when ready:

Tortoise  fists crying.gif

You mean . . . I. . . I . . .I get to live! Goddess Bless You... Bless You... Bless You!!! common001.gif z7shysterical.gif

I'm just playin' along, Hare is fine. We just wanted to make sure I didn't offend anyone by asking such a question.

Tortoise 1287.gif

laugh.gif I'm certainly not offended wink.gif

Any of the other girls in here offended??

I'm not offended. I don't think there is anything wrong by your question Tortoise. Some bands are generally thought of as good make-out bands like Led Zep who I swear wrote songs to get into women's pants. laugh.gif

Archived