Hey LSM

Der Trommler

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (failte @ Aug 23 2007, 03:59 PM)
congrats you guys!!! 

tss told me the other day you guys got engaged but i haven't been able to get on. 

trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif

Thanks failte!! heart.gif

A little help.....tss.....who's that??

http://www.mcs.vuw.ac.nz/technical/TechNotes/tn002/KDE/up_arrow.gif

Don't mind him....he's a little touched...http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/35.gif

LOL laugh.gif

Okay, so I feel the need to tell you all about how Der Trom & I first met, because it is filled with so much 2.gif wub.gif and, well, we've shared so much else with our 2.gif family, I felt you all should know how it all began -- if you're interested that is laugh.gif I mean, I'm not tying you down, making you read it or anything whipgirl.gif z7shysterical.gif

When Der Trom & I first met, our main topic of conversation was Rush. I had applied for a position at Guitar Center in Natick, MA, and had been called in for an interview. Der Trom was the one who interviewed me. The manager, Joni, wanted him to do the interview, as he was being fast-tracked for the Sales Manager position.

So when I went in, I was given an "exam" of sorts, to test my knowledge of the department I was applying for (Guitars). As fate would have it, I was not only given a guitar test (which I did fairly well on), but a drum test as well. I was extremely nervous (as most are when interviewing for a job), but I did fairly well for a guitar player. I did, however, get stuck on one question. 'Name three major brands of cymbals.' I had put down Zildjian, and (of all brands) Paiste, but even though I knew of Sabian, for some reason I had a complete mental block; I couldn't think of it.

I was called into the interview shortly thereafter, and after he had glanced over the tests, I told him I had no idea why I was given the drum test, but I had given it a try anyhow. So he, being a drummer himself, went to that test first to see how I had done. Being a little frustrated that I couldn't remember the other brand, I told him that I could only think of two, but knew of a third; the company that had put out a line of cymbals for Neil Peart. He did a double take at the name, being that he had never come across a Rush fan of the female persuasion before wink.gif

The interview really ended at that point - all we did was talk about Rush for the next 45 minutes laugh.gif Shortly thereafter I was hired, and he and I would hang out after work, listening to the band, getting to know each other....and eventually we started dating...everyone in the store was convinced that something was going on between us, when there wasn't - and even when there was, we couldn't let on, because he was technically my manager (one of the assistant managers, but my boss just the same), and "a supervisor and an employee cannot have a relationship when working in the same store"...so he got a transfer up to the Danvers store (saying that the distance from Beverly to Natick was costing him too much money and time wink.gif), and we started openly dating after he transferred. We moved in together about 6 months after we started dating, and now, two years later, we're engaged wub.gif and planning to start a family within the year wub.gif wub.gif

Rush Love Rulez 2.gif heart.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 24 2007, 10:19 PM)
Okay, so I feel the need to tell you all about how Der Trom & I first met, because it is filled with so much 2.gif wub.gif and, well, we've shared so much else with our 2.gif family, I felt you all should know how it all began -- if you're interested that is laugh.gif I mean, I'm not tying you down, making you read it or anything whipgirl.gif z7shysterical.gif

When Der Trom & I first met, our main topic of conversation was Rush. I had applied for a position at Guitar Center in Natick, MA, and had been called in for an interview. Der Trom was the one who interviewed me. The manager, Joni, wanted him to do the interview, as he was being fast-tracked for the Sales Manager position.

So when I went in, I was given an "exam" of sorts, to test my knowledge of the department I was applying for (Guitars). As fate would have it, I was not only given a guitar test (which I did fairly well on), but a drum test as well. I was extremely nervous (as most are when interviewing for a job), but I did fairly well for a guitar player. I did, however, get stuck on one question. 'Name three major brands of cymbals.' I had put down Zildjian, and (of all brands) Paiste, but even though I knew of Sabian, for some reason I had a complete mental block; I couldn't think of it.

I was called into the interview shortly thereafter, and after he had glanced over the tests, I told him I had no idea why I was given the drum test, but I had given it a try anyhow. So he, being a drummer himself, went to that test first to see how I had done. Being a little frustrated that I couldn't remember the other brand, I told him that I could only think of two, but knew of a third; the company that had put out a line of cymbals for Neil Peart. He did a double take at the name, being that he had never come across a Rush fan of the female persuasion before wink.gif

The interview really ended at that point - all we did was talk about Rush for the next 45 minutes laugh.gif Shortly thereafter I was hired, and he and I would hang out after work, listening to the band, getting to know each other....and eventually we started dating...everyone in the store was convinced that something was going on between us, when there wasn't - and even when there was, we couldn't let on, because he was technically my manager (one of the assistant managers, but my boss just the same), and "a supervisor and an employee cannot have a relationship when working in the same store"...so he got a transfer up to the Danvers store (saying that the distance from Beverly to Natick was costing him too much money and time wink.gif), and we started openly dating after he transferred. We moved in together about 6 months after we started dating, and now, two years later, we're engaged wub.gif and planning to start a family within the year wub.gif wub.gif

This was the coolest thing I've seen in a long time! Sincerest congrats to both of you!!!!! I wish you guys all the best!!!!! :-)

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 24 2007, 08:19 PM)

What a cool story LSM smile.gif I too used to work for Guitar Center, and I know what you mean about being one of the only girls into Rush. I guess there just aren't that many as cool as us New World Women laugh.gif

QUOTE (jendrisc @ Aug 24 2007, 10:33 PM)
This was the coolest thing I've seen in a long time! Sincerest congrats to both of you!!!!! I wish you guys all the best!!!!! :-)

Thanks Jen!! hug2.gif

*first use of the hug2.gif emoticon in this thread -- which is one of the reasons I wanted the hug2.gif emoticon in the first place! laugh.gif*

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Aug 24 2007, 10:41 PM)
What a cool story LSM smile.gif I too used to work for Guitar Center, and I know what you mean about being one of the only girls into Rush. I guess there just aren't that many as cool as us New World Women laugh.gif

Thanks Chick!!! hug2.gif

Yeah, us 2.gif chicks are definitely a minority...although there are a helluva lot more of us that I initially expected! I wonder if RR can do stats on here to find out how many of the members are registered as "female"..? confused13.gif

Wait a minute....Who did this happen to again? Do I know you?

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 24 2007, 10:47 PM)
What a cool story LSM  smile.gif  I too used to work for Guitar Center, and I know what you mean about being one of the only girls into Rush. I guess there just aren't that many as cool as us New World Women  laugh.gif

Thanks Chick!!! hug2.gif

Yeah, us 2.gif chicks are definitely a minority...although there are a helluva lot more of us that I initially expected! I wonder if RR can do stats on here to find out how many of the members are registered as "female"..? confused13.gif

Count me in!

QUOTE (jendrisc @ Aug 24 2007, 10:33 PM)
Okay, so I feel the need to tell you all about how Der Trom & I first met, because it is filled with so much 2.gif wub.gif and, well, we've shared so much else with our 2.gif family, I felt you all should know how it all began -- if you're interested that is laugh.gif  I mean, I'm not tying you down, making you read it or anything whipgirl.gif z7shysterical.gif

When Der Trom & I first met, our main topic of conversation was Rush.  I had applied for a position at Guitar Center in Natick, MA, and had been called in for an interview.  Der Trom was the one who interviewed me.  The manager, Joni, wanted him to do the interview, as he was being fast-tracked for the Sales Manager position. 

So when I went in, I was given an "exam" of sorts, to test my knowledge of the department I was applying for (Guitars).  As fate would have it, I was not only given a guitar test (which I did fairly well on), but a drum test as well.  I was extremely nervous (as most are when interviewing for a job), but I did fairly well for a guitar player.  I did, however, get stuck on one question.  'Name three major brands of cymbals.'  I had put down Zildjian, and (of all brands) Paiste, but even though I knew of Sabian, for some reason I had a complete mental block; I couldn't think of it. 

I was called into the interview shortly thereafter, and after he had glanced over the tests, I told him I had no idea why I was given the drum test, but I had given it a try anyhow.  So he, being a drummer himself, went to that test first to see how I had done.  Being a little frustrated that I couldn't remember the other brand, I told him that I could only think of two, but knew of a third; the company that had put out a line of cymbals for Neil Peart.  He did a double take at the name, being that he had never come across a Rush fan of the female persuasion before wink.gif

The interview really ended at that point - all we did was talk about Rush for the next 45 minutes laugh.gif  Shortly thereafter I was hired, and he and I would hang out after work, listening to the band, getting to know each other....and eventually we started dating...everyone in the store was convinced that something was going on between us, when there wasn't - and even when there was, we couldn't let on, because he was technically my manager (one of the assistant managers, but my boss just the same), and "a supervisor and an employee cannot have a relationship when working in the same store"...so he got a transfer up to the Danvers store (saying that the distance from Beverly to Natick was costing him too much money and time wink.gif), and we started openly dating after he transferred.  We moved in together about 6 months after we started dating, and now, two years later, we're engaged wub.gif and planning to start a family within the year wub.gif wub.gif

Thanks muchies!!! hug2.gif Looking forward to MSG!!!

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 24 2007, 08:19 PM)
Okay, so I feel the need to tell you all about how Der Trom & I first met, because it is filled with so much 2.gif wub.gif and, well, we've shared so much else with our 2.gif family, I felt you all should know how it all began -- if you're interested that is laugh.gif  I mean, I'm not tying you down, making you read it or anything whipgirl.gif z7shysterical.gif

When Der Trom & I first met, our main topic of conversation was Rush.  I had applied for a position at Guitar Center in Natick, MA, and had been called in for an interview.  Der Trom was the one who interviewed me.  The manager, Joni, wanted him to do the interview, as he was being fast-tracked for the Sales Manager position. 

So when I went in, I was given an "exam" of sorts, to test my knowledge of the department I was applying for (Guitars).  As fate would have it, I was not only given a guitar test (which I did fairly well on), but a drum test as well.  I was extremely nervous (as most are when interviewing for a job), but I did fairly well for a guitar player.  I did, however, get stuck on one question.  'Name three major brands of cymbals.'  I had put down Zildjian, and (of all brands) Paiste, but even though I knew of Sabian, for some reason I had a complete mental block; I couldn't think of it. 

I was called into the interview shortly thereafter, and after he had glanced over the tests, I told him I had no idea why I was given the drum test, but I had given it a try anyhow.  So he, being a drummer himself, went to that test first to see how I had done.  Being a little frustrated that I couldn't remember the other brand, I told him that I could only think of two, but knew of a third; the company that had put out a line of cymbals for Neil Peart.  He did a double take at the name, being that he had never come across a Rush fan of the female persuasion before wink.gif

The interview really ended at that point - all we did was talk about Rush for the next 45 minutes laugh.gif  Shortly thereafter I was hired, and he and I would hang out after work, listening to the band, getting to know each other....and eventually we started dating...everyone in the store was convinced that something was going on between us, when there wasn't - and even when there was, we couldn't let on, because he was technically my manager (one of the assistant managers, but my boss just the same), and "a supervisor and an employee cannot have a relationship when working in the same store"...so he got a transfer up to the Danvers store (saying that the distance from Beverly to Natick was costing him too much money and time wink.gif), and we started openly dating after he transferred.  We moved in together about 6 months after we started dating, and now, two years later, we're engaged wub.gif and planning to start a family within the year wub.gif wub.gif

I was from the 500 region (#551 orignally then #552, then back to #551). Store # please! laugh.gif

Thank you muchly CC...Do you mind CC?

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 25 2007, 12:22 AM)

sarcasm.gif

Ha

Ha

Ha

http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/s/sarcasticclap.gif http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/s/sarcasticclap.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Aug 25 2007, 12:38 AM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 25 2007, 12:22 AM)

sarcasm.gif

Ha

Ha

Ha

http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/s/sarcasticclap.gif http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/s/sarcasticclap.gif

ohmy.gif

Archived