Black Adder

Sark

I'm a huge black addder fan and I like the black seal from series#1 and beer from series#2. Over to you Sodoff Baldrick! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Loved series 3 & 4 the best. Two words: Hugh Laurie wub.gif

Favorite eps, both series 3:

Episode 1: Dish & Dishonesty - first broadcast on 17th September 1987

Blackadder takes on the task of saving his master from bankruptcy. Unfortunately, attempts at interfering in the democratic process don't quite go according to plan as Baldrick is accidentally elevated to the House of Lords.

Parliament is about to cut off the Prince Regent's support and Edmund takes action to save him.

Episode 4: Sense & Senility - first broadcast on 8th October 1987

With anarchists lurking everywhere, Blackadder suggests that it might be opportune for his master to make a speech sympathetic to the proletariat. But when they hire two actors to give Prince George some oratorical training, the "mouse-brained" Baldrick apparently discovers an extravagant plot to murder the Prince, who is wearing some very large trousers indeed.

The Prince Regent enlists the aid of two actors to help him write a speech. But are the actors really anarchists?

http://www.blackadderhall.co.uk/

Edited by Sodoff Baldrick

I have the Christmas Carol episode on the 5 disc dvd I recently purchased. Absolutley the best buy I've made in regards to dvd purchases thus far. It contains all the episodes from every series and has the time traveling episode from 1999. It also has some rare extra interviews and episodes not previously aired. Highly reccomend buying this set. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Discussions like this are always welcome in the movie forum (hint hint). wink.gif

I must admit that I found Slackbladder to be a bit hit or miss until Blac k adder Goes Forth. The final episode has got to be one of the greatest things ever made for TV - it has everything: comedy, drama, tragedy, pathos wrapped up in a skin of great writing and great acting. Superb

From the Blackadder site"

The poignant finale of sitcom Blackadder has been voted the best farewell episode of a TV series. The closing episode of Blackadder Goes Forth - which saw the cast go into battle in World War I - won 23% of the vote in the poll for cable firm NTL.

It narrowly beat The Office, which took second place with 22%. Buffy the Vampire Slayer was third with 17%. Some 4,675 people were questioned to mark the end of long-running US shows Friends, Frasier and Sex and the City.

Sitcoms feature heavily in the poll - with Mash, Cheers and The Young Ones appearing in the top 10. Comedy dramas Cold Feet and Ally McBeal also feature alongside 1980s family saga Dallas - with Inspector Morse appearing as the only serious drama in the poll.

Yes, the boys going over the top was a nice touch, along with the peaceful field scene at the end.