This sucks

RushRevisited

Went to get out today, got stuck in my driveway with an inch of solid ice, covered by 6 inches of snow, followed by 2 inches more of solid ice plus 4 more inches of snow. Went to shovel a path for my car, snow shovel broke. Guy across the street has been working on his driveway since 9am and isn't half way done. Snow plow companies cna do it "maybe by Sunday".... This blows....

Hey RR, that sucks man. I live in North Olmsted Ohio close to Cleveland. My dad and I were outside this morning for like 2 and a half hours shoveling our driveway and we finally finished it a little while ago. I noticed you live in Ohio as well, but I didn't know anywhere got it that bad. Sorry to hear that. Hope for the best.

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Dec 23 2004, 02:03 PM)
Hey RR, that sucks man. I live in North Olmsted Ohio close to Cleveland. My dad and I were outside this morning for like 2 and a half hours shoveling our driveway and we finally finished it a little while ago. I noticed you live in Ohio as well, but I didn't know anywhere got it that bad. Sorry to hear that. Hope for the best.

Yeah East of Cincinnati here. Had freezing rain on top of the snow last night from 7pm until 3am, then the snow started again - I have never seen one like this - probably only 10-14 inches total, but it is the consistancy that is so bad - ice with snow in layers... Thinking about mixing a salt brine in my chemical sprayer and hooking it up to the hose - at least then I could get out to get salt.

RR, you need one of theose heaters they put at the end of the bench at football games to keep the players warm. biggrin.gif

HHMMM... will lighter fluid still light if you squirt it on snow & ice? wink.gif

Seriously:

Do you have an overflow valve for your hot water heater? We used to have one that a hose could be hooked up to.

How about a pickax then shovel away the pieces? I know it would be a lot of work, but you'd be able to get out.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Dec 23 2004, 02:40 PM)
RR, you need one of theose heaters they put at the end of the bench at football games to keep the players warm. biggrin.gif

I know, I am trying to figure shit like that to do - tried a salt brine in a chemical mixer, just made it heavier and more solid of ice.

I live in Cleveland Heights, east of Cleveland, Ohio. I have a snowplow service that is SUPPOSED to come plow my driveway regularly -- haven't seen him, can't get a hold of him.

Took me almost an hour to get out of my driveway today. I kept getting stuck. Then I slid off the drive into my yard, and, I think I turfed my front lawn. I am not looking forward to what it looks like when the snow melts.

Well I got a path cleared for one car. Only took 5 hours. Thank God my father came over with his little snow blower and helped break it up anyway a little. Just got back from getting cigarettes, only had 4 left, so not clearing the driveway wasn't an option laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Gosh RR! I biggrin.gif feel your biggrin.gif pain so laugh.gif strongly. Really I do. cool.gif

I mean, they say it's gonna be down into the 40's one of these nights here in Orlando. Brrrrrr!

Just funnin' with ya! I did my time for 19 years in Michigan and Ohio. Why do ya think I now live in Florida?

'Sides we had our own crosses to bear with the hurricanes.

Hang in there, man!

QUOTE (BSG @ Dec 23 2004, 05:52 PM)
Gosh RR! I biggrin.gif feel your biggrin.gif pain so laugh.gif strongly. Really I do. cool.gif

I mean, they say it's gonna be down into the 40's one of these nights here in Orlando. Brrrrrr!

Just funnin' with ya! I did my time for 19 years in Michigan and Ohio. Why do ya think I now live in Florida?

Hang in there, man!

laugh.gif You suck. It's supposed to go down to -5 tonight. 19.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 23 2004, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Dec 23 2004, 02:03 PM)
Hey RR, that sucks man.  I live in North Olmsted Ohio close to Cleveland.  My dad and I were outside this morning for like 2 and a half hours shoveling our driveway and we finally finished it a little while ago.  I noticed you live in Ohio as well, but I didn't know anywhere got it that bad.  Sorry to hear that.  Hope for the best.

Yeah East of Cincinnati here. Had freezing rain on top of the snow last night from 7pm until 3am, then the snow started again - I have never seen one like this - probably only 10-14 inches total, but it is the consistancy that is so bad - ice with snow in layers... Thinking about mixing a salt brine in my chemical sprayer and hooking it up to the hose - at least then I could get out to get salt.

I hear you. We're supposed to get some freezing rain tonight, and the roads are supposed to turn to ice and there will be horrible driving conditions tomorrow. Thankfully we are only going to my grandparents which is like 3 minutes away from our house. Whatever you do, travel safe tomorrow.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 23 2004, 06:51 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Dec 23 2004, 05:52 PM)
Gosh RR! I  biggrin.gif feel your biggrin.gif  pain so laugh.gif  strongly. Really I do.  cool.gif

Hang in there, man!

laugh.gif You suck. It's supposed to go down to -5 tonight. 19.gif

laugh.gif

I know I do. wink.gif

It's nights like these that make one thankful for a lovely spouse to stay warm with. wub.gif wub.gif

Now, I just need to make nice with mine, so she lets me do so. laugh.gif

I'm in Erie, PA going to school right now, BRRRRR!!! I'm heading back to sunny Las Vegas, NV after I finish school! yes.gif I hate snow with a passion! 062802puke_prv.gif I've lived here and there before and I'll tell you what, the grass IS greener!!! yes.gif

I feel for ya RR! Oh wait, no I don't, I live 20 minutes from you! laugh.gif This was definitely a crazy storm. Ice...snow...more ice then more snow! The snow amounts varied from 12-14 inches all the way up to 31" a little northwest of here in Indiana. Took me half the day to shovel myself out since I had to do it by myself. I did it during a few intervals because it was wearing me out. That was some of the heaviest stuff I've ever shoveled, definitely heart attack snow. Finally made it out and picked up some food, liquor and movies. biggrin.gif trink38.gif

Archived