Rush instrumentals

Sark

Just wondering if anybody had a favorite one. Personally, I'm torn between Where's my thing, and Leave that thing alone. GeddyFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif

QUOTE (Sark @ Dec 23 2004, 05:14 AM)
Just wondering if anybody had a favorite one. Personally, I'm torn between Where's my thing, and Leave that thing alone. GeddyFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif

Me. too but that's a good thing biggrin.gif

Just wondering if anybody had a favorite one. Personally, I'm torn between Where's my thing, and Leave that thing alone.  GeddyFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif

Yeah Torn is a good word. It's the hardest thing to try and pick a favorite. One that you'd choose over all the rest -- yikes.

But as I've said before, Leave That Thing Alone just has a feel to it that if you don't know what I mean it cannot be explained. I choose that. However, I think I'll go listen to La Villa Strangiato- cause now I've got an itch for it.

653.gif 2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (war2112 @ Dec 23 2004, 07:18 AM)
Just wondering if anybody had a favorite one. Personally, I'm torn between Where's my thing, and Leave that thing alone.  GeddyFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif

Me. too but that's a good thing biggrin.gif

Hey War!! How you been? It's been a while. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 23 2004, 07:51 AM)

Yeah Torn is a good word. It's the hardest thing to try and pick a favorite. One that you'd choose over all the rest -- yikes.

But as I've said before, Leave That Thing Alone just has a feel to it that if you don't know what I mean it cannot be explained. I choose that. However, I think I'll go listen to La Villa Strangiato- cause now I've got an itch for it.

653.gif 2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif 653.gif

I agree completely. goodpost.gif

For me, I really have no all-time favourite. I usually get in the mood for some songs, like lately I've been really into Manhattan Project and Tai Shan, and before that, I was really into Analog Kid and Animate. BUT! If I had to chose an all-time favourite instrumental...Has to be either Yyz, or La Villa. So then....YYZ! Just because of the bass and drum solo!!

NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

La Villa Strangiato is la villa strange! Gotta love it!

I'm gonna have to choose La Villa. It pains me to say that anything is better than YYZ, but i have to do it. La Villa is one of the greatest things ever done by anyone. I get so drawn in when i listen to that song that i forget whats going on. But man, YYZ is fargin awesome too. I guess i like La Villa because of all the different moods it creates. It starts relatively calm with the acoustic. Then Al goes crazy and leaves you with your mouth hanging open. The next segment sparks expectancy as it gets louder and heavier. Then the boys get going and your rocking out with them. 1022.gif After that they switch gears and go into the slow part that gets you into the slow head nod. When Alex switches from clean to distorted and Neil gets louder you get that airy feeling in your chest. After the emotional slow part finishes Alex turns on the overdrive and kicks into the swing beat with Neil doing an awesome rhythm on the Splash Cymbals and Floor toms. This riff gets you stomping your foot and nodding your head like a lunatic. Then Geddy comes in with his bass solo and you find yourself (or at least i do) doing Geddy's front to back bird nod. after a while its Neils turn in the spot light and he breaks loose with the drum solos that you air drum with him. YYZ just cant beat that. But it comes close.

QUOTE (RushGuru @ Dec 24 2004, 12:42 AM)
I'm gonna have to choose La Villa. It pains me to say that anything is better than YYZ, but i have to do it. La Villa is one of the greatest things ever done by anyone. I get so drawn in when i listen to that song that i forget whats going on. But man, YYZ is fargin awesome too. I guess i like La Villa because of all the different moods it creates. It starts relatively calm with the acoustic. Then Al goes crazy and leaves you with your mouth hanging open. The next segment sparks expectancy as it gets louder and heavier. Then the boys get going and your rocking out with them. 1022.gif After that they switch gears and go into the slow part that gets you into the slow head nod. When Alex switches from clean to distorted and Neil gets louder you get that airy feeling in your chest. After the emotional slow part finishes Alex turns on the overdrive and kicks into the swing beat with Neil doing an awesome rhythm on the Splash Cymbals and Floor toms. This riff gets you stomping your foot and nodding your head like a lunatic. Then Geddy comes in with his bass solo and you find yourself (or at least i do) doing Geddy's front to back bird nod. after a while its Neils turn in the spot light and he breaks loose with the drum solos that you air drum with him. YYZ just cant beat that. But it comes close.

laugh.gif yes.gif trink39.gif

Archived