Remove from Windows startup

neilpeart_gal

I've done this before but can't remember how I did it. My work laptop constantly starts up a webpage whenever I boot up. Its only started happening since they launched this new, internal HR website. I'm tired of it starting everytime I log in!!! 19.gif Where do I go to remove it from opening at startup?

There is a tool you can run to manage your startup items, but forget what it's called.

But off the top of my head, just click on Start|Programs|Startup and you should see the IE shortcut to the website. Hover your mouse over it, right-click|Delete. That's it.

What OS are you running? MSCONFIG is an old tool. But if your running XP it will work. There is a new tool for XP but I don't know it's name, has to do with CONSOLES.

Has your homepage been 'hijacked'? When you double click IE icon, does msn.com come up?

I could tell you where to look in your Registry to get rid of it but it's a scary proposal!!

Go to my server and download this Zip file. Install and run the programs in it. Especially the AdAware and SpyBot and CWShredder. You can run the reg cleaner too if you need to.

Make sure to get updates on the adaware and spybot before you run them.

Delete ALL that these programs find. Run both spyware progs then run CWshredder.

Get It Here

BTW, anyone is welcome to get this file from me. It usually fixes all your problems!! I live by these programs.

I'm running XP Pro. No, its not a hijacking of my homepage. Its a new webpage on my work's network that they are promoting. Every morning when I boot up, a browser window opens with it displayed. Its not spyware, this is how they intend it to work. If I boot up and am not connected to our network, it doesn't happen.

Ticks me off that they made this choice FOR me and I don't know how to shut it off!

I believe this is done at the router/network level, NPG. This sounds like the same thing as when you go to check into a Hampton Inn or Windham hotel, you get their own homepage (sometimes login page) and there is no way to fix it because it is at router level, not computer level... I may be wrong here, but I think I'm right...

Archived