Water pipes burst during vacation

Jack Aubrey

Wouldn't you just hate this?

http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/9789.jpg

Fargin' 'ell Jack. That is not good! sad.gif

It doesn't get cold enough here for this to happen.

How do you go about defrosting that lot?

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Dec 22 2004, 08:53 AM)

Wait for Spring. laugh.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 22 2004, 09:17 AM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Dec 22 2004, 08:53 AM)

Wait for Spring. laugh.gif

laugh.gif Trust Pags to come up with the practical solution laugh.gif

I like the AAA sticker on the back wall. tongue.gif

So, did the heating system fail, or did the homeowner turn the heat down too far while they were away to conserve energy? Before you think "nobody's that stupid," my friend owns a clothing shop, and her landlord turned OFF the heat to the vacant office above her...not the brightest decision during wintertime in New York. Naturally, the pipes burst and ruined her store and some of her inventory. Winter is her busiest time, so that really hurt her business. Now, if that's not stoooopid enough for you, this same landlord kept the heat off in a stand-alone building in that same building complex, and a month later, THOSE pipes burst and the water flooded the building next door. He had a whole month to turn the heat up a little, and he didn't. It's like he thought, "It can't happen again..."

Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed. confused13.gif

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Dec 22 2004, 10:38 AM)
I'm sure it's fixed by now, seeing as I saw that picture 2 years ago! Still sux tho!!

Indeed it does. Still, I wonder how long it would have taken to fix, and the cost for that matter. I wouldn't think you could just leave it through winter...

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Dec 22 2004, 10:59 AM)
QUOTE (afansince74 @ Dec 22 2004, 10:38 AM)
I'm sure it's fixed by now, seeing as I saw that picture 2 years ago!  Still sux tho!!

Indeed it does. Still, I wonder how long it would have taken to fix, and the cost for that matter. I wouldn't think you could just leave it through winter...

Yea, you couldn't just leave it. At least not the pipe. You could leave the ice and mess. The clean up would definitly take the longest to do. The actual water pipe that burst would probably take a half-day to repair, depending, and cost around $100 or so, here again, depending.

As it is in a garage, it was probably an uninsulated pipe that burst in a few places. Sometimes folks add plumbing to a garage and don't think that it isn't heated like the house and they do not adequately insulate the pipes and then winter .... then that ! LOL!

Archived