Does Alex not smile??

mazyyz

Find me a pic where Alex is taking a picture with a fan (eg. meet and greet) and is NOT smiling.

This is one thing that has impressed me about the guy. No matter what mood he may be in at the time, or how tired he might be, or how pissed he may be (because we are all human) he always manages to muster a big smile and deliver a pleasant experience for his fans.

AlexFinal.gif

I don't really know that man, but on every documentary, on every interview, and every story I hear about Alex all tells me that he is one of the nicest and most genuine people you could ever meet. Alex is truly a class act. yes.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 23 2007, 07:56 AM)
I don't really know that man, but on every documentary, on every interview, and every story I hear about Alex all tells me that he is one of the nicest and most genuine people you could ever meet. Alex is truly a class act. yes.gif

While I don't know Alex either, I agree with what you wrote and that's what made it really hard for me to believe that Alex was a provoker in the whole Naples, FL mishap

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jul 23 2007, 10:39 AM)
I don't really know that man, but on every documentary, on every interview, and every story I hear about Alex all tells me that he is one of the nicest and most genuine people you could ever meet.  Alex is truly a class act.  yes.gif

While I don't know Alex either, I agree with what you wrote and that's what made it really hard for me to believe that Alex was a provoker in the whole Naples, FL mishap

I agree. It is hard to believe that happened. If it's true, he was either smashed out of his mind and not himself, or he was just really, really, pissed.

Because of his personality, if I could choose, it would be him out of the three I would like to meet in person.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 23 2007, 12:04 PM)
I don't really know that man, but on every documentary, on every interview, and every story I hear about Alex all tells me that he is one of the nicest and most genuine people you could ever meet.  Alex is truly a class act.  yes.gif

I agree. It is hard to believe that happened. If it's true, he was either smashed out of his mind and not himself, or he was just really, really, pissed.

Because of his personality, if I could choose, it would be him out of the three I would like to meet in person.

I'm with you...Hanging out with Big Al would be a blast. He strikes me as one of those guys that you never have a bad time with when you hang out with them.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 23 2007, 10:04 AM)

You also have to take into account that his son was involved. No matter what the age, most parents still look out for their kids. (That and a smattering of alcohol - not a good combination dazed025.gif )

QUOTE (jkt2112 @ Jul 23 2007, 04:01 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 23 2007, 10:04 AM)

You also have to take into account that his son was involved. No matter what the age, most parents still look out for their kids. (That and a smattering of alcohol - not a good combination dazed025.gif )

That is true...I'll kill for my kid.......facetiously speaking.

QUOTE (Lauriej @ Jul 23 2007, 02:01 PM)
When I first read this, I thought you meant show me a pic where Neil doesn't smile and I'm thinking 'what, he never smiles!' 

Alex is always smiling...seems like the nicest person on the planet.

Now if someone can show me a picture of Neil smiling, post it here or pm me it!  laugh.gif

I've seen several pics of Neil a - smiling, b - grinning, c - looking pleasant, d - seeming to be mildly amused, e - laughing (Yes! It's true!!).

These photos can be found in any number of sources...album pics, tourbooks, you name it. If you look a little bit, I guarantee you will find proof that....that.............Neil actually smiles and laughs like an real human being!!! It's shocking and amazing, but true. This miserable bastard who seems to bum out so many fans because he doesn't smile enough or meet & greet fans or whatever we're griping about this week actually does smile and laugh.

Who woulda believed it? eyesre4.gif

I had the pleasure of meeting Alex in teh lobby of the hotel where they were staying. I was working there and I knew they were coming down to take a limo to go play tennis before the show that evening. Nobody else was there but me.

Well Alex came down first. He was either early or Geddy and Neil were late because he was in the lobby for a good 15 minutes. I was extremely nervous but I finally went over and introduced myself. He was amazingly nice!! I'm sure I said a lot of stupid fan stuff but we talked for a good 10 minutes! Just me and Alex! I'll never forget that experience. I would ask him questions and he answered them all and then he would ask ME questions about me and my life. I couldn't believe it!

Well eventually Geddy and Neil came down to catch the limo. They were nice enough to say hi but that was about it. They were in a hurry.

So that's my Alex story. Yes, he truly is a very nice guy. Looking forward to meeting him again this Saturday backstage in Vegas!!! Somehow I doubt he will remember meeting me. cool.gif

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Jul 23 2007, 08:18 PM)
I had the pleasure of meeting Alex in teh lobby of the hotel where they were staying. I was working there and I knew they were coming down to take a limo to go play tennis before the show that evening. Nobody else was there but me.
Well Alex came down first. He was either early or Geddy and Neil were late because he was in the lobby for a good 15 minutes. I was extremely nervous but I finally went over and introduced myself. He was amazingly nice!! I'm sure I said a lot of stupid fan stuff but we talked for a good 10 minutes! Just me and Alex! I'll never forget that experience. I would ask him questions and he answered them all and then he would ask ME questions about me and my life. I couldn't believe it!
Well eventually Geddy and Neil came down to catch the limo. They were nice enough to say hi but that was about it. They were in a hurry.
So that's my Alex story. Yes, he truly is a very nice guy. Looking forward to meeting him again this Saturday backstage in Vegas!!! Somehow I doubt he will remember meeting me. cool.gif

That's awesome. How long ago was that?

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jul 23 2007, 09:01 PM)
So that's my Alex story. Yes, he truly is a very nice guy. Looking forward to meeting him again this Saturday backstage in Vegas!!! Somehow I doubt he will remember meeting me.  cool.gif

That's awesome. How long ago was that?

back in the early 80s

Weatherman, if you need any help navigating backstage, let me know. I was in the Grand Arena last tour, so I'm sure I would be a huge help.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 23 2007, 08:47 AM)
Find me a pic where Alex is taking a picture with a fan (eg. meet and greet) and is NOT smiling. 

This is one thing that has impressed me about the guy.  No matter what mood he may be in at the time, or how tired he might be, or how pissed he may be (because we are all human) he always manages to muster a big smile and deliver a pleasant experience for his fans.

AlexFinal.gif

Here are 4 Meet and Greet pics of a non-smiling Lerxst... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID...73/t_=101464573

Alex and Geddy seem like they're both absolutely great guys. Neil doesn't seem like a bad sort, he's just less extroverted. He doesn't have your typical "rock star" personality (which isn't to say that Alex or Geddy do, either, but he seems to be rather the antithesis of it). He's more of a private guy. Not as friendly, but probably a really genuine guy if you actually know him personally.

QUOTE (tascam @ Jul 24 2007, 12:27 AM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 23 2007, 08:47 AM)

This is one thing that has impressed me about the guy.  No matter what mood he may be in at the time, or how tired he might be, or how pissed he may be (because we are all human) he always manages to muster a big smile and deliver a pleasant experience for his fans.

AlexFinal.gif

Here are 4 Meet and Greet pics of a non-smiling Lerxst... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID...73/t_=101464573

There is only one pic to that link and Alex has a smirk on his face....even in the rain!

QUOTE (Mark @ Jul 24 2007, 07:32 AM)
"Does Alex not smile? Find me a pic."

Sure:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/MarkRCR/Mugshot__Alex-Zivojinovich.jpg

rofl3.gif Yeah, I wouldn't be smiling after that incident either.

That pic almost rivals Nick Nolte's mug shot......jk

Archived