Tick

4 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):

LakesideMaiden, paganoman, Tortoise and Hare

bekloppt.gif hug2.gif bekloppt.gif

Hi guys!! hug2.gif

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ Sep 20 2007, 09:26 AM)
Like pilgrims who journeyed to the holy city,

You went to Boston?

(sorry, couldn't resist)

goodpost.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 19 2007, 08:40 PM)
Greetings to all!!!

Monday night we confirmed that we are linked to one another by such NOT-SO-SLENDER threads!!!

Like pilgrims who journeyed to the holy city, we came from points dispersed across our land to converge on New York City!

Necro & Ceej: Thanks soooooo much for that delicious pizza. Best we've ever had! Thanks, also, for showing a couple of farmers the big city! You two are wicked awesome!!!! My students went nuts for Necro's picture today (yes, I had to work!) - - you're a big hit!!! I got so much mileage out of my Necro stories and you've made several young ones very happy! This is the pic enlarged on my bulletin board right next to LSM's Fire pic from Mohegan Sun:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Garden%20Grady/DSC00299.jpg

Tick: I FINALLY got to explain the whole "chicken" issue to you in person! LOL My students know the "saga of the chicken threads" so they also asked for you today! The craziness you post brightens up everyone's day! It was so good to see you again. We wish we had more time to chat - - but hell, you're only two hours away - - another time soon, huh? Hey, are we in the Kliq yet!?!? atickhum.gif

Natch: Super call on Stout's!!! It was great meeting you! Remind that pal of yours that he promised to join the Forum!!! Remember when they finally ended that "other kind of football" game and popped in the R30 DVD? There was love in my eyes!
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Garden%20Grady/DSC00290.jpg

Slacka: We had a blast! Thirty years!!!!! There should be a "loyalty award" or at least a gold watch for such a feat! We want to hear more stories - - and I REALLY love the shirt!!!

Rob & Jen: It was great to see Rob again and Jen is adorable!!! You guys are great fun. We got split up at some point in the night and we didn't get to really chat a lot with you, but we'll do this again really soon. (Start working on your boss for March, Rob!) Oh, and it was so much fun to see Rob standing next to Necro!!!!!!!

Owlswing: I really had the urge to bounce up and down when I met you (your avatar is in my head!!!). It was so neat to meet you!

Pags: We bow to your jacket!!!! You're a riot to hang with and the Medley CD is great! We love the transitions you designed!!! Lots of little "surprises" - - loved the "THAT'S NICE" from Chain Lightning thrown in unexpectedly. Thanks so much, we had it playing all day! (We'll talk more about this later - - impressive!) I didn't realize how much I was showing off my Starman tattoo until I saw this pic: (good thing I put the tattoo on my ankle, huh Pags?!?)
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Garden%20Grady/DSC00279.jpg

1001: Hey bossman! In the middle of the reverie and chaos we actually had the chance to talk a little shop. We didn't get a chance to thank you for all you do for us on the Forum - - so, THANKS!!! And please let us know if we can help in any way on the new idea.

Donna: You did it, girl!!! It was great to finally meet you. The love in that room for you was incredible!

Spike: Next time you want to stalk Milford, wait for us and we'll do it together!!!! It was wicked fun chatting with you again. It would've been nicer if the train hadn't been a hundred years old! Sorry we all passed out!! I have evidence: (don't kill us guys, but we LOOOOOVE this picture, especially with the bag at your feet!!!)
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Garden%20Grady/DSC00304.jpg

Rolinda Bonz: We had fun hanging out after the show. Too bad the "City that doesn't sleep" closed up shop after 11:30. Hey New York, "How come we can't buy a cup of joe at night!?!"

GeddysMullet: Sorry we didn't have more time, but it was cool that we saw you on the way to the show. Great hair!!!! (We're kinda partial to the long stuff!!!)

GroupieBarbie: How ever do you keep that trim figure!?! I'm soooo jealous!!!! You're a riot to party with! Next time we meet, I owe you a glass of the white! And if you do get to go to Europe, we definitely want pictures. Send them to LSM, she will work her magic and get them to the rest of us!!!

We also enjoyed meeting Pass, Music, Moonstar, and a hundred other wonderful people from at least three different groups! We're exhausted so if we missed anyone, our sincere apologies. Memory will serve eventually!

LSM & DerTrom: ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WOW! What a F*ing weekend!!!!! I don't know how we can ever top it - - but we can try - - MARCH in MANCH!!!

Hey, and we even saw 2.gif !!!
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Garden%20Grady/DSC00296.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Garden%20Grady/DSC00298.jpg

Our heads are spinning with memories, emotions, exhaustion and 2.gif playing on the system! What a ride!!!

After the show:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Garden%20Grady/DSC00301.jpg
RolindaBonz, Slacka, Owlswing, Pags, Tortoise, Necro, & Hare

For more pics of our entire weekend with LSM, DerTrom & everyone in NewYork,head to LSM's Odyssey thread:
http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?act=ST&f=52&t=31080

Hare for The Two of Us biggrin.gif 1287.gif

There are so many great posts here it's very difficult to figure out which one to latch onto and quote.

But I had to thank you for the kind words about the Medley. I'm really glad you like it. The "That's Nice" reference is one of my favorite moments in it... and you know something wild? It occurs exactly 21 minutes and 12 seconds into the medley. Kinda cool, eh? biggrin.gif There are LOTS of surprise 'sounds' in there. It gets to be like a game to figure out where and what they are. Some of them are quite stealthy. laugh.gif

Anyway - it really was a GREAT evening, and Natch I LOVE the basement bar realization. NICE cool.gif This is the first tour where I've been able to meet so many fellow Rush fans like this at the shows. It's an incredible feeling to be standing in my seat and being able to face in any direction with someone I know to look for.. AND FIND!! I'll bet Slacka even heard me singing The Way The Wind Blows. I know I heard him!! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

The one drawback was not being able to meet more people - it seems even though I thought I bounced around a lot there are names in this thread where I'm going... THEY WERE THERE?!? So, I'm sorry I miss you.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 20 2007, 07:39 PM)

Hi guys!! hug2.gif

Anybody want to go to Stout's?!?!?!? (It'll only take us four and a half hours to get there, give or take a parking space!!!) z7shysterical.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 20 2007, 07:47 PM)

Hi guys!! hug2.gif

Anybody want to go to Stout's?!?!?!? (It'll only take us four and a half hours to get there, give or take a parking space!!!) z7shysterical.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

z7shysterical.gif laugh.gif rofl3.gif 2funny.gif

BTW guys, I posted a few more pictures in the Odyssey thread new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Vincent @ Sep 18 2007, 03:25 PM)
Let me start this out by saying WOW... what a great time I had this weekend in NYC while attending THE GARDEN, GRADY meetups and shows.

That being said... i must also say that I wasn't as professional as I should have been. I was a bit overwhelmed at all the people that were at this show and just INDULGED myself with having a good time rather than doing my job and conducting my WILD interVIEWS. sad.gif Please forgive me.

BUT... i did happen to run into CeeJ on TWO occassions. The first time, she got on the subway alone and sat down near me. I immediately took the crew and we did an impromptu interVIEW with the lovely CeeJ. While she was a bit abrasive and actually scared me at one point... i felt it was still worth sharing with you fine people.

Later I was actually offerred a NEW position as an on-site interVIEW master for a WORLD WIDE PodCast show called "HAIR TODAY... GONE TOMORROW", or something like that. Again... i was quite drunk. They gave me a chance to interVIEW someone on the spot... and guess who I found AGAIN??? CEEJ!!!! ohmy.gif That was sooooooooo WILD!!! yes.gif

Anyway... that interVIEW will air in early March and I will give you all the details on that. Also interVIEWed by the makers of the show were Necro and 1-0-0-1. ohmy.gif Many plugs for TRF abound in those interVIEWS. yes.gif

SO... RR... if you wish to keep me as EXCLUSIVE property of TRF... i would bump my budget up CONSIDERABLY. yes.gif

tongue.gif

So anyway... here's my first interVIEW with CEEJ, on the subways of NYC as we eagerly awaited THE GARDEN, GRADY!!!

DankA.

V.

CeeJ's InterVIEW on Subway.

You know what's sick..... I read these posts with Vincent voice going through my head. rofl3.gif

I hope that Podcast place hires you. They need at least ONE good interviewer there. You'd be it. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 20 2007, 07:47 PM)

Hi guys!! hug2.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

bekloppt.gif Hello ladies. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 20 2007, 07:36 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 20 2007, 07:27 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 20 2007, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 20 2007, 04:42 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 20 2007, 04:22 PM)

z7shysterical.gif yeah she does!  and bounces uncontrollably, usually screaming...but that was just before The Garden, Grady.....is she like that all the time, Tortoise?  laugh.gif

yes.gif all the time. . . More so when 2.gif is on tour.

I got myself in trouble with that above comment. sad.gif

Looks like it's the firing squad for me, again waffen093.gif joker.gif

Tortoise blush4.gif

laugh.gif i know she loves you too much to do that to you! laugh.gif

OK, how bout this? beathorse.gif

z7shysterical.gif fing.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Will you be using that flail you were telling us about? ph34r.gif

z7shysterical.gif laugh.gif

hug2.gif wub.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Sep 20 2007, 07:50 PM)
Let me start this out by saying WOW... what a great time I had this weekend in NYC while attending THE GARDEN, GRADY meetups and shows. 

That being said... i must also say that I wasn't as professional as I should have been.  I was a bit overwhelmed at all the people that were at this show and just INDULGED myself with having a good time rather than doing my job and conducting my WILD interVIEWS.  sad.gif  Please forgive me. 

BUT... i did happen to run into CeeJ on TWO occassions.  The first time, she got on the subway alone and sat down near me.  I immediately took the crew and we did an impromptu interVIEW with the lovely CeeJ.  While she was a bit abrasive and actually scared me at one point... i felt it was still worth sharing with you fine people. 

Later I was actually offerred a NEW position as an on-site interVIEW master for a WORLD WIDE PodCast show called "HAIR TODAY... GONE TOMORROW", or something like that.  Again... i was quite drunk.  They gave me a chance to interVIEW someone on the spot... and guess who I found AGAIN???  CEEJ!!!!  ohmy.gif  That was sooooooooo WILD!!!  yes.gif 

Anyway... that interVIEW will air in early March and I will give you all the details on that.  Also interVIEWed by the makers of the show were Necro and 1-0-0-1.  ohmy.gif  Many plugs for TRF abound in those interVIEWS.  yes.gif 

SO... RR... if you wish to keep me as EXCLUSIVE property of TRF... i would bump my budget up CONSIDERABLY.  yes.gif 

tongue.gif

So anyway... here's my first interVIEW with CEEJ, on the subways of NYC as we eagerly awaited THE GARDEN, GRADY!!! 

DankA. 

V.

You know what's sick..... I read these posts with Vincent voice going through my head. rofl3.gif

I hope that Podcast place hires you. They need at least ONE good interviewer there. You'd be it. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Same here! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 20 2007, 07:53 PM)

z7shysterical.gif yeah she does!  and bounces uncontrollably, usually screaming...but that was just before The Garden, Grady.....is she like that all the time, Tortoise?  laugh.gif

Tortoise blush4.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

hug2.gif wub.gif

wink.gif

I'll take that as a yes laugh.gif Good thing it's a P-town flail and not a real one! z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 20 2007, 07:58 PM)

Tortoise blush4.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

hug2.gif wub.gif

wink.gif

I'll take that as a yes laugh.gif Good thing it's a P-town flail and not a real one! z7shysterical.gif

Oh, it's real. And . . . it was purchased in P-town, but it was manufactured in Spain. (They had that whole Inquisition thing goin' down!!) z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif We'll bring out the weapons when we get ready for King Richard's Faire!!! I'm still working on tickets!!!

I guess I'll let Tortoise out of the dog house . . . or, . . ur . . . the chicken coop. He's too cute when he thinks he's in trouble. wub.gif After all these years I know he was only trying to be funny. (I just have to explain things to everyone else once in a while! eyesre4.gif )

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 20 2007, 08:15 PM)

Tortoise blush4.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

hug2.gif wub.gif

wink.gif

Oh, it's real. And . . . it was purchased in P-town, but it was manufactured in Spain. (They had that whole Inquisition thing goin' down!!) z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif We'll bring out the weapons when we get ready for King Richard's Faire!!! I'm still working on tickets!!!

I guess I'll let Tortoise out of the dog house . . . or, . . ur . . . the chicken coop. He's too cute when he thinks he's in trouble. wub.gif After all these years I know he was only trying to be funny. (I just have to explain things to everyone else once in a while! eyesre4.gif )

Hare biggrin.gif

z7shysterical.gif Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

....ohmy.gif You're not really trying to get us tickets to KRF are you? Not that we don't want to go - cause we REALLY REALLY do - especially with you guys! wub.gif But you've already done SO much for us...I mean, if it weren't for you guys, we wouldn't have been able to go to the Garden Grady....you two are seriously the most generous, wonderful people I know hug2.gif wub.gif hug2.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 20 2007, 07:56 PM)

That being said... i must also say that I wasn't as professional as I should have been.  I was a bit overwhelmed at all the people that were at this show and just INDULGED myself with having a good time rather than doing my job and conducting my WILD interVIEWS.  sad.gif  Please forgive me. 

BUT... i did happen to run into CeeJ on TWO occassions.  The first time, she got on the subway alone and sat down near me.  I immediately took the crew and we did an impromptu interVIEW with the lovely CeeJ.  While she was a bit abrasive and actually scared me at one point... i felt it was still worth sharing with you fine people. 

Later I was actually offerred a NEW position as an on-site interVIEW master for a WORLD WIDE PodCast show called "HAIR TODAY... GONE TOMORROW", or something like that.  Again... i was quite drunk.  They gave me a chance to interVIEW someone on the spot... and guess who I found AGAIN???  CEEJ!!!!  ohmy.gif  That was sooooooooo WILD!!!  yes.gif 

Anyway... that interVIEW will air in early March and I will give you all the details on that.  Also interVIEWed by the makers of the show were Necro and 1-0-0-1.  ohmy.gif  Many plugs for TRF abound in those interVIEWS.  yes.gif 

SO... RR... if you wish to keep me as EXCLUSIVE property of TRF... i would bump my budget up CONSIDERABLY.  yes.gif 

tongue.gif

DankA. 

V.

Same here! rofl3.gif

I know I wouldn't have gotten interviewed by that guy had it not been for Der Trom. And well... if I hadn't been interviewed... then Vinny prolly wouldn't have been either. wink.gif

Thanks alot Der Trom. It was really cool to speak on behalf of all us MANIC 2.gif fans. I hope I did all of us proud.

Tortoise blush4.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

hug2.gif wub.gif

wink.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

lol sorry - I meant to reply to that too, saying that all I could hear was Vincent's voice as I read thru that post....btw, Vinny, if you're reading this, GREAT interVIEW yes.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 20 2007, 08:26 PM)

Tortoise blush4.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

hug2.gif wub.gif

wink.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

....ohmy.gif You're not really trying to get us tickets to KRF are you? Not that we don't want to go - cause we REALLY REALLY do - especially with you guys! wub.gif But you've already done SO much for us...I mean, if it weren't for you guys, we wouldn't have been able to go to the Garden Grady....you two are seriously the most generous, wonderful people I know hug2.gif wub.gif hug2.gif wub.gif

If I say it can happen, IT HAPPENS!!! Magick!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif (I'll e-mail you tomorrow with more details & dates!)

hug2.gif Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 20 2007, 08:34 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Sep 20 2007, 07:56 PM)

tongue.gif

DankA. 

V.

Same here! rofl3.gif

I know I wouldn't have gotten interviewed by that guy had it not been for Der Trom. And well... if I hadn't been interviewed... then Vinny prolly wouldn't have been either. wink.gif

Thanks alot Der Trom. It was really cool to speak on behalf of all us MANIC 2.gif fans. I hope I did all of us proud.

Honestly, it was no problem. I missed Vincent though sad.gif The guy told me he was going to interview me at the intermission....I think it was better with you, Vincent, & Ceej...Don't you?

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 20 2007, 08:41 PM)

Tortoise blush4.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

hug2.gif wub.gif

wink.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

If I say it can happen, IT HAPPENS!!! Magick!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif (I'll e-mail you tomorrow with more details & dates!)

laugh.gif Magick http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Magic_Emoticon_by_Thera18.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Misc/Harry_Potter_fans_strike_back_by_EM.gif

So I guess that means that I'm gonna have to get someone to watch/feed the cats again, eh? And "bring Tortoise butter"? laugh.gif

You guys are too much hug2.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 20 2007, 08:53 PM)

Tortoise blush4.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

hug2.gif wub.gif

wink.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Magick http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Magic_Emoticon_by_Thera18.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Misc/Harry_Potter_fans_strike_back_by_EM.gif

So I guess that means that I'm gonna have to get someone to watch/feed the cats again, eh? And "bring Tortoise butter"? laugh.gif

yes.gif Find the sitter!!!

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 20 2007, 09:20 PM)

Tortoise blush4.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

hug2.gif wub.gif

wink.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

yes.gif Find the sitter!!!

Okay - well, I can't ask my sister to do it, cause she's moving 45 minutes away...but my friend Brenda would be more than happy to do that for us....

OMG ohmy.gif I still can't believe you're doing this for us hug2.gif hug2.gif

Tortoise blush4.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

hug2.gif wub.gif

wink.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Did somebody say "Butter" 653.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Sep 20 2007, 09:40 PM)

Tortoise blush4.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

hug2.gif wub.gif

wink.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

biggrin.gif

This is great!!!

Hope you all have a great time!!!

hug2.gif

laugh.gif  Magick http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Magic_Emoticon_by_Thera18.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Misc/Harry_Potter_fans_strike_back_by_EM.gif

So I guess that means that I'm gonna have to get someone to watch/feed the cats again, eh?  And "bring Tortoise butter"? laugh.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

laugh.gif you got it! Any excuse to make hollandaise sauce drool1.gif

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Sep 20 2007, 09:55 PM)

Tortoise blush4.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

hug2.gif wub.gif

wink.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

biggrin.gif

This is great!!!

Hope you all have a great time!!!

hug2.gif

Maybe you guys could come too? It's a Ren Faire - and it'll be on the weekend.... tempted.gif

3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users):

LakesideMaiden, Tortoise and Hare

bekloppt.gif

I just saw some pics of you all when you were little kids. wink.gif

rofl3.gif

Archived