'The Princess Bride' 20 years later

Jack Aubrey

The best thing about The Princess Bride, is that bits of it were shot at Haddon Hall, in God's own county of Derbyshire. Which I suppose makes up for the fact that the 1924 Mary Pickford, Allan Forrest swashbuckler, Dorothy Vernon of Haddon Hall was actually filmed in the freakin' US and A. Cluckin' Fuless some folk.

Hey that's cool, for the most part they don't look too bad 20 years later.

The Princess Bride is one of my favourite movies, I always enjoy it.

QUOTE (Tom C @ Jul 20 2007, 08:29 AM)
The best thing about The Princess Bride, is that bits of it were shot at Haddon Hall, in God's own county of Derbyshire. Which I suppose makes up for the fact that the 1924 Mary Pickford, Allan Forrest swashbuckler, Dorothy Vernon of Haddon Hall was actually filmed in the freakin' US and A. Cluckin' Fuless some folk.

Oh yeah, totally.

wtf.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif This is the movie of the week in our local park!

My oldest loves it!

Take a look at this...

Edited by owlswing

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Jan 31 2011, 07:21 PM)
I watched this on HBO and Showtime many times when i was in 2nd grade just after it had come out.  Inigo Montoya is the man. 1022.gif

http://www.mandypatinkin.net/PB/inigo1.jpeg

My name is Inigo Montoya. you keeled my fodder. Prepare to die.

When I took my first wife n Junior to see this? It made such a lasting impression on him, and speaking of impressions....he would beg me to imitate Senor Montoya for weeks before bed.., it's on the DVR now, all we need is some time to sit and enjoy. My current spouse has never seen it, and wonders wtf is such the fascination

wait and see dear wait and see. I reminded her her fave actor's Mandy Patinkin.

My wife and I saw a Mandy Patinking concert a few years back. He came out at the beginning of the show and the first thing he said was, "I'll do it at the end, I promise." We didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

At the end of the concernt, he dropped into a fencing position and game the line that everyone was waiting for: "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya ...."

My wife and I saw a Mandy Patinking concert a few years back. He came out at the beginning of the show and the first thing he said was, "I'll do it at the end, I promise." We didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

At the end of the concernt, he dropped into a fencing position and game the line that everyone was waiting for: "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya ...."

Vizzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE!

Inigo: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I finally saw this film last night and know who Dread Prirate Robert is. Too bad we never got a stand alone Inigo Montoya film.

I'm glad we didn't get it. Princess Bride is so perfect, anything less would be a let down.

Some day though I assume Tim Burton or some other overappreciated type will take a crack at it.

• Like 1

I finally saw this film last night and know who Dread Prirate Robert is. Too bad we never got a stand alone Inigo Montoya film.

I'm glad we didn't get it. Princess Bride is so perfect, anything less would be a let down.

Some day though I assume Tim Burton or some other overappreciated type will take a crack at it.

Some no talent hack is just itching to remake it some kind of heartless CGI mess.

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 1

I love this film. And the book it's based on. But it's surely older than twenty years! It's an eighties classic!